Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why the hell haven't they ported the pokemon card game to switch? There's already an android version and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I want a mtg shadalar port, specifically the deck builder

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flavor.flv posted:

Why the hell haven't they ported the pokemon card game to switch? There's already an android version and everything

I'd like to know myself.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Paradise killer had me hooked from start to finish. I had some minor gripes about the fast travel system but it’s real good.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I hadn't realized so many goons had played Paradise Killer! :) Thanks for letting me evangelize a bit, I'm simultaneously so happy I played it and so sad that it's over. The studio is working on a new game, I'm curious if it's a sequel or something completely different.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CULDCEPT SAGA WHEN

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Read After Burning posted:

Finally grabbed everything in Paradise Killer! I apologize for constantly raving about this game, but it's absolutely my favorite game of 2020 (with Bugsnax as a close second). It hooked me from the opening credits, and I can't get it out of my mind since I started playing. As I've said before, if you enjoy vaporwave, investigation games, or games set in weird worlds, do check this game out.

I've even pre-ordered the vinyl soundtrack, I love this drat game so much. Only problem is, I don't have a vinyl player, so I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap one... I highly recommend if you enjoy city pop or similar styles of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y27Xcd2nZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdpF3H_3h0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41BJ2a4-EwU

There are a lot of really, really poo poo cheap players. Don't want to pry into your budget but Audio Technica has an entry level that's decent.

Avoid Crosley like the plague.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have an Audio Technica player and have no complaints. I think it was less than $200. Absolutely worth it if you are interested in vinyl even a little.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Inzombiac posted:

CULDCEPT SAGA WHEN

I second that and raise you Sengoku Taisen Switch when?!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

antidote posted:

There are a lot of really, really poo poo cheap players. Don't want to pry into your budget but Audio Technica has an entry level that's decent.

Avoid Crosley like the plague.

Inzombiac posted:

I have an Audio Technica player and have no complaints. I think it was less than $200. Absolutely worth it if you are interested in vinyl even a little.

Ooh, very helpful, thank you! I was hoping to keep it to under $100, but I'm thinking I won't get that lucky...I have heard that vinyl can be a very pricy hobby!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Ooh, very helpful, thank you! I was hoping to keep it to under $100, but I'm thinking I won't get that lucky...I have heard that vinyl can be a very pricy hobby!

It's a lot of fun, and I feel like it can work in most any budget. It doesn't have to be crazy.

Let me (us?) know if you have any questions.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

It can also be very cheap if you look at used records :)

But yeah that Audio Technica table is my go-to recommendation for a budget table.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N3XJ66N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_A7TMP7J3HEJYPQM4FM3C

You'll need to snag some speakers but this should be fine.

Edit: Vinyl can be very cheap. I make out with a nice handful of record for $40 every time I hit the local shop.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just buy these:

I get to show off my collection, enjoy the album art, and no longer feel any obligation to actually listen to them

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
this is cool, all the leaks they posted were true

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

I just went back and finished worlds 5+6 and secret levels of Tropical Freeze after putting it down a couple of years ago, what a great game.

I loved the feeling of basically every K level seeming incredibly difficult at first, then eventually breezing through the first 75% to get back to the part near the end I was dying on. Fun times all around, although I'm not even a tiny bit interested in hard mode after all that.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:

quote:

Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary collectible pin set

My Nintendo members who complete the “Purchase the Super Mario™ 3D World + Bowser's Fury game” mission and 14 additional eligible Mario-themed missions before they expire will be eligible to receive a limited edition set of commemorative Super Mario Bros. pins (while supplies last).

Reward codes will be available February 17, 2021, at 12:00 PM PT

You must purchase mario 3d world and register it, and complete 14 other missions to be eligible.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

MARK YOUR CALENDARS:

You must purchase mario 3d world and register it, and complete 14 other missions to be eligible.

Fool me twice...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

MARK YOUR CALENDARS:

I just looked and if I'm not mistaken, because some of the missions have ended, you cannot get to the 15 missions you need for this starting now.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

I just looked and if I'm not mistaken, because some of the missions have ended, you cannot get to the 15 missions you need for this starting now.

Correct, you need to have completed many of the earlier missions by this point

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Quackles posted:

I'd like to know myself.

try meditation i guess

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao if I buy 3D World I'll be at 14 missions...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

can't wait for the thread to become completely unreadable from people bitching about not getting their enamel tat

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Also avoid this thing in particular. It's sold under thousands of different brand names, sometimes well known names, and it's always awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXV8tXrPOR4

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It'd be nice if that third Protect Me Knight game ever got localized.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sam Faust posted:

It'd be nice if that third Protect Me Knight game ever got localized.
A localized version has been on the docket for a long time now, with little news. An interview a few days ago with a programmer who worked on the game says that the translation is finally complete and there'll be more details soon.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

beer gas canister posted:

Seconding the Sn30 Pro, it's my main controller and I loving love it. And it takes AAs in addition to the stock rechargeable, so it'll still be useful after the battery shits the bed.

They know!

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Level 2-1 in Tropical Freeze is beautiful. I want to live in this autumn village.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Playing Yooka Laylee has really made me appreciate just how good Tropical Freeze is.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Does the SNES version of Mario World not keep track of getting all 5 yoshi coins in a level? I remember on the GBA there was a checklist of some kind but it seems like maybe that was an addition because I can't find one.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Yeah all they give you is a 1 up, they don't count

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

nordichammer posted:

Level 2-1 in Tropical Freeze is beautiful. I want to live in this autumn village.

Autumn Heights in general might be my favorite world in any 2d platformer.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Electromax posted:

Does the SNES version of Mario World not keep track of getting all 5 yoshi coins in a level? I remember on the GBA there was a checklist of some kind but it seems like maybe that was an addition because I can't find one.

iirc it keeps track in that if you revisit those levels the dragon coins won’t respawn, but only during the current session.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Hell yeah: mario 3d world this week

Hell no: for some dumb reason i only got 28 moons in Odyssey and put it down

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I will commence ignoring the yoshi coins then. I just got to Chocoland in Mario World after beating New Mario Wii U Deluxe recently in prep for the new one this weekend. I still hate the trick forest and all ghost houses, don't make me solve puzzles to jump on heads! And now this new level is saying "this level changes depending on your score and coins!", great.

I think if New SMB Deluxe had a fresher art style it would be viewed as more of a classic. Even without the Luigi half it's really solid and having play a ton of Mario Maker 2, it made me appreciate Nintendo's consistency and quality more. It was fun and took a while and I didn't even visit two of the worlds. (the save system is dumb) Some great stuff on MM2 but it's a fine line to walk. I wondered at the time if MM2 would kill 2D mario going forward, but imagine if NSMB had Wario Shake's art style, or whatever. I don't love the yarn/craft style but I wish Mario got more experiments like that - Super Paper Mario was a tease. Mega Man 11 was good example.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Electromax posted:

I will commence ignoring the yoshi coins then. I just got to Chocoland in Mario World after beating New Mario Wii U Deluxe recently in prep for the new one this weekend. I still hate the trick forest and all ghost houses, don't make me solve puzzles to jump on heads! And now this new level is saying "this level changes depending on your score and coins!", great.

Play once normally and once as fast as you goddamn can

The variations are interesting but don't really matter otherwise

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Lmao if I buy 3D World I'll be at 14 missions...

Some of them say they are expired but they still work. I just got credit for the Box Lunch one like two weeks ago even though the mission says it expired on January 1st.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hell yeah: mario 3d world this week

Hell no: for some dumb reason i only got 28 moons in Odyssey and put it down

Good thing that 3D world is a much more fun game overall than Odessy is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamusHunter2/status/1346096064743559168
I want to believe