Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ciaphas posted:

it's so strange to be viscerally, physically spooked about something that one hundred percent cannot hurt me

subnautica got me good, especially in VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

Horny is so 2019

*Looks at the poll*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1358889983487209474

Well, Anthem's dead.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just kill the entirety of bioware already jesus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really am impressed by the level of detail in Liberty City in GTA4. I have such a great time just cruising through the city going to new places just checking all the different sights. I grew up in London and there are so many parts of the world that remind me of being back home. This definitely feels like the best video game city I've ever spent time in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Anthem's dead.

A couple of days ago I remembered Ubisoft's battle royale Hyper Scape which was popular for three days last year

it's kind of depressing because it had a thing where viewers watching streams of it would vote on stuff that would affect the match like adding low gravity but it currently has 94 viewers on twitch

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fridge corn posted:

Just kill the entirety of bioware already jesus

The last vestiges of anything resembling the BioWare people cared about has been dead since early Andromeda development

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's sad that Anthem turned out so crappy because the animation work in the game is extremely good and going entirely to waste. From what little I played, the feeling of taking off flying in your mech suit was fantastic and it owed largely to how perfectly-animated the takeoff, flying, and midair maneuvering animations were. A ton of work and skill went into those and it's sad that the rest of the game never rises above a peak of :shrug:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my main memory of playing the anthem beta was an elite enemy that regened shields during my gun reloading

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Between the EN collab and Haato trying to develop the first character meta-narrative, February is looking like a good month for vtuber content

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i had too much work today and now im too tired to play any video games

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Between the EN collab and Haato trying to develop the first character meta-narrative, February is looking like a good month for vtuber content
sorry, kuroi shiba already had her backstory arg where she streamed as the girl that died and reincarnated into the dog, a year ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My main memory of the anthem beta was clicking the start mission button and then realizing several minutes later that the progress bar was never going to finish

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm glad I didn't end up buying Anthem. I got the EA Play thing for like $1 on some special deal and played Anthem for a few hours, then stopped and used the rest of the time on my subscription to play Titanfall 2 and had a great time

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I was interested in Anthem then saw a stream where it took a group like 40 minutes to kill a boss who had an insanely big health bar and it looked miserable

and it wasn't an interesting-looking raid boss either, it was like a big ant

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
My favorite part about Anthem was first teased it and everybody was like "wow, that game will be fun to play in three years" and then the release date was like 8 months later and people went "wow that game won't be done in time" and it wasn't.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

augh jfc just yeeted myself into the sun by accident in outer wilds

that's a month of my poor heart's lifespan i'm not getting back :cry:

stupid deaths are the most important parts of an outer wilds playthrough. I frequently died by leaving my spaceship without the suit on.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

My specialty was turning on the autopilot without checking whether the sun was between me and my destination.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man I misread this title the first few times

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

New Super Metis posted:

stupid deaths are the most important parts of an outer wilds playthrough. I frequently died by leaving my spaceship without the suit on.

I think Stupid Physics Deaths are peak video games too; at least, in any situation that didn't involve so much falling inexorably and quickly into extremely large and hazardous interstellar phenomena (sometimes on purpose!!!)

:cry:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 9, 2021

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

dreamless posted:

My specialty was turning on the autopilot without checking whether the sun was between me and my destination.

You can complain about it to the guy who made the autopilot and see what insights he has to offer!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

New Super Metis posted:

I made a point of suiting up as soon as I got in. I was also good at smashing into other planets/the sun/etc.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Chev posted:

You can complain about it to the guy who made the autopilot and see what insights he has to offer!

is it along the lines of "don't do that, dumbass"

i'll check for myself later and be quite happy if so

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

why do i keep thinking slay the spire will be a good game to relax with

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

why do i keep thinking slay the spire will be a good game to relax with
if you want a nice relaxing card game, im gonna have to recommend tanto cuore or heart of crown. if i recommend neoverse i'm afraid people might take this post a joke so I'll have to refrain

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I played a few hours of outer wilds when it came out, said “this rules”, but never went back

I think i will correct that... tomorrow

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Happy Monday everyone!

Been playing some Fire Emblem Birthright and now it's time for a little Ace Attorney before bed. How is everyone?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

augh jfc just yeeted myself into the sun by accident in outer wilds

that's a month of my poor heart's lifespan i'm not getting back :cry:

firsttime?.gif

I think I spent a couple hours total landing in that goddamn thing. At least hour and half of deliberately doing so, for good reasons, but plenty of time doing the same because I'd lazily slap on autopilot and look at my phone or something and oops heat death via inside-sun

Also excited to see how you feel about it when you're done, the ending cobbles together the strangest combination of emotions, including a few emotional muscles I don't think any human alive today was meant to experience

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 9, 2021

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if Outer Wilds was the super-success that developer deserves. I loved it more than I loved a game in a long time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah people fixate on Developer Names and less on the names of the developers working there

Remember when EA wanted to milk the mindshare of BioWare and started renaming studios as BioWare extensions

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah people fixate on Developer Names and less on the names of the developers working there

Remember when EA wanted to milk the mindshare of BioWare and started renaming studios as BioWare extensions

and now it's an albatross among people who keep up with the news

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
whos your favourite game ux designer?

my vote is for whoever did it on persona 4, i did not enjoy my time in that game but the pause menu n poo poo was pretty appealing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Khanstant posted:

whos your favourite game ux designer?

my vote is for whoever did it on persona 4, i did not enjoy my time in that game but the pause menu n poo poo was pretty appealing

kojima probably

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

does Kojima do everything in his games

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ah the Rareware effect

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

does Kojima do everything in his games

I'm sure a team designed the UX but it does feel like all his games have had a strong unifying principle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah... suckitude!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Trap sprung...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

nooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Or when interplay brought back black isle studio as an unmanned company for a few years that did nothing before shutting down. That was such a weird non-event.

It was right around the kickstarter surge and the baldurs gate ports... Maybe they were trying to cash on on that but forgot to make a game to sell?