Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Horse skeletons might still happen sometime. OTOH, Plains of Duviri might also end up having nothing to do with what was teased for it. DE is gonna DE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Plains of Duviri is going to be a cinematic quest that rewards you with a new orbiter decoration -- a horse skull -- and opens up the option to make your operator taller and have facial hair.

You will need parts from the Orb Mothers to build the orbiter segment that allows you to do this, and there will be a 1/500 chance that you'll be affected by a bug that makes your operator look like a low-poly Norman Reedus with breasts who moves about by hovering in a permanent T-pose.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tylana posted:

Horse skeletons might still happen sometime. OTOH, Plains of Duviri might also end up having nothing to do with what was teased for it. DE is gonna DE.
Yeah, at this point i'd take that entire teaser as a dated relic that never existed in that form and might materialize entirely different. I wasn't entirely sure what to look forward to anyway (the teaser was mostly impressive for how of nowhere it came) so i'm not particularly bothered.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i genuinely, sincerely enjoy the necramechs and i'm going to look forward to every mech and archgun they add in the future
Same, but I still want them to be added to regular missions because i've done hundreds of bounties in each open world and they fell kinda out of my regular activity pool.

and i will bang this drum while DE forgets about it for the next 4 months :colbert:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 8, 2021

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Plains of Duviri is going to be a cinematic quest that rewards you with a new orbiter decoration -- a horse skull -- and opens up the option to make your operator taller and have facial hair.

You will need parts from the Orb Mothers to build the orbiter segment that allows you to do this, and there will be a 1/500 chance that you'll be affected by a bug that makes your operator look like a low-poly Norman Reedus with breasts who moves about by hovering in a permanent T-pose.

I'd have zero complaints if it turned out exactly like that.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Screaming Idiot posted:

there will be a 1/500 chance that you'll be affected by a bug that makes your operator look like a low-poly Norman Reedus with breasts who moves about by hovering in a permanent T-pose.

Extremely brutal drop chance on this legendary reward.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

A new orb mother part or something from when I farmed it 500 times for an ephemera three years ago? Basically there's nothing in this post that's not intriguing

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How often does Primed Chamber come around? it's around 480-500 Plat on the market and that feels a bit steep just for my Vectis prime.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Flipswitch posted:

How often does Primed Chamber come around? it's around 480-500 Plat on the market and that feels a bit steep just for my Vectis prime.

Primed Chamber was originally an exclusive reward for the top 100 players in some event. For most of Warframe's existence it cost tens of thousands of plat. Bringing it out as a Baro mod was a huge break from tradition and there is basically zero data from which to answer this, even speculatively.

e: mods that do rotate in regularly tend to be available 2-3 times a year, but the pattern is haphazard at best. sometimes stuff is four months apart, or six, or eight.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 8, 2021

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Flipswitch posted:

feels a bit steep just for my Vectis prime.
It's ridiculously steep, it's a bad to mediocre mod and the price is entirely rarity based. Baro had it for 3000 ducks (which roughly translates to 300p worth of duck fodder) and even that was a terrible deal.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Community Streaming! bittervet addendum is an incredibly lame way to trickle out parts and it's painfully obvious they're just trying to drive up Twitch numbers, it would be better to have them in alerts or you know ANYTHING that would actually incentivize playing the game they're trying so hard to advertise

Anyway it's the Stahlta this week, which you normally get from Jackal/Granum Void, and is a decent enough primary if you didn't already get it for free during the Epic Games thingy. The parts are tradeable (and extremely cheap) but the main BP (Thursday) is not. Schedule here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1248209-community-stream-schedule-february-8-12/

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Stahlta note from having used it as my main primary for a while after getting it: VILE ACCELERATION. Complete game changer for the secondary fire, the damage penalty is minimal with how much it already does. Very much a fan of the gun AFTER putting VA on it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Its been a while gone. I'd estimate within 2-3 baros. Just keep in mind its 3000 ducats, not like 450 like any other prime mod.

Also I think the trade tax is worse.

Also, its not even an exilus mod.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks all, I'll save the ducs for it.

The current killer for me is farming up Sibear.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

plat buy it.

seriously. its like 150 plat.

Its not worth the time investment to run multi hour+ relic extractions for the cryoticresource boost

its so bad you can plat farm faster than cryotic farm.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
That said, if you can, wait for it to come on a Darvo deal. That's how I plat-bought my Sibear because I still do not have enough cyrotic to build it. And I need to build Vauban prime at some point still I think.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the sibear is the only thing i have ever bought on a darvo deal. in my defense i thought a big ice hammer was neat as hell. it wasn't awful, but like, just kind of lackluster. i can imagine the melee rework did it some favors, at least. not that it matters, as basically any melee can just absolutely shred most of the game if you mod it semi-competently.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've been farming it up for getting Endo at Hieracon too but yeah I am leaning on buying it and just getting it over and done with. The price is nuts.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I just ran a resource booster for a few months when I was playing heavily, and I would run excavation fissures to crack relics, and I stumbled upon getting the required amount. Like don't bother target farming it, I mean, what are you going to do with a Sibear, really? It's MR fodder.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Flipswitch posted:

As someone who spent 3k ducats on a stupid loving primed chamber, it's extremely underwhelming. You're not missing too much. If you have plat you're better off getting a riven for your vectis and rolling something useful onto it, imo.

As for the Sibear, I farmed up the cryotic for it and now I loathe to get it out of my inventory because I spent so much cryotic on it. Really wish I had darvo'd it. I'd say there are better things to focus on for mastery fodder

Edit: if you want to rank up MR levels faster, focus on frames, archwings, k drives, companions and necromechs. They all give twice as much as a weapon does (and necromechs can give even more if you rank them to forty).

Guilty fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 9, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Phobophilia posted:

I just ran a resource booster for a few months when I was playing heavily, and I would run excavation fissures to crack relics, and I stumbled upon getting the required amount. Like don't bother target farming it, I mean, what are you going to do with a Sibear, really? It's MR fodder.

Frost Fashionframe.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Guilty posted:

As someone who spent 3k ducats on a stupid loving primed chamber, it's extremely underwhelming. You're not missing too much. If you have plat you're better off getting a riven for your vectis and rolling something useful onto it, imo.

As for the Sibear, I farmed up the cryotic for it and now I loathe to get it out of my inventory because I spent so much cryotic on it. Really wish I had darvo'd it. I'd say there are better things to focus on for mastery fodder
Yeah, I'm MR27 and not focus farming it - just clearing up the MR that remains, I think I'm just gonna let the cryo for it build up. I really loathe the idea of spending plat on it. I tend to do a lot of Hieracon anyway for XP/Credits/Endo and the Cryo adds up I suppose?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

I have a legit use for sibear. First weapon to get the 15p hok rename treatment too.

See, back when umbra was a thing, there wasn't a single good scarf for him.

Until I noticed someone with the celestia syandana.

Then I started playing the conclave. Turns out its pretty fun, and actually really well balanced (before melee 3 and shield gating anyway), but you have to get in with the conclave community and do the schoolbus sessions to learn the mode. Anyway, the short version is all the powers and elements and mod work differently there.

There's no status chance and elemental mods, guns that do an element just hit that element, and the elements do different things in that mode too. Tox still bypasses shields of course, but all tox weapons have their damage toned way down, heat was a DOT. cold damage is the worst in a 'speed is life' game style because it just absolutely stops any momentum and slows you to a crawl.

Warframe passives mostly work too. I had a good deal of fun with a javlok wolf sledge ember and throwing fireballs everywhere. Saryn, though...

Saryn's duration of status effects passive works great in conclave. Hammer are pretty slow, but the air melee's fast and I got good enough doing en-passant/bullet jump by each other love taps with the sibear.

Hearing people freak out about being speed nerfed for a small eternity and not knowing what was going on was pretty funny.

And thats when I took some pity on the other players and renamed it to the 'cold proc delivery stick'. People got the message shortly after.

So yeah. Sibear has a single good use. Its not entirely worthless, just, you know, slightly above that.

Ask me about dual wielding orvius sometime.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

e: double post.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got myself a crit-heavy Destreza Riven and a TennoGen skin for it. I love how pretty Warframe is.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah, I'm MR27 and not focus farming it - just clearing up the MR that remains, I think I'm just gonna let the cryo for it build up. I really loathe the idea of spending plat on it. I tend to do a lot of Hieracon anyway for XP/Credits/Endo and the Cryo adds up I suppose?

Ahhh, thought you were chasing rank. Yeah at MR 20+ resources tend to build up

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still have over 9 million nano spores after subsuming every frame into Helminth and throwing around a ton of powers. So much for it being a high-level resource sink. :v:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 9, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Say, what's a good status melee weapon? I had a stupid idea for a Lavos build that abuses his ability to poo poo status procs at people and add to it with with a Condition Overload beatstick and the Cedo, which has replaced my Kuva Kohm as my rapid-fire status-flinging murder-weapon of choice. The Twin Basolk looks pretty nice, but the crit on it is abysmal. I also don't do two-handed nikanas, because Wise Razor feels so clunky to use.

I basically just want to inflict status effects on things no matter what I do, because Everything Everywhere must always be rotting, on fire, infected, and magnetized at all times.

Echophonic posted:

I still have over 9 million nano spores after subsuming every frame into Helminth and throwing around a ton of powers. So much for it being a high-level resource sink.

So is... is it a bad thing that people can use it without literal years worth of resources tucked away? Because I remember when Helminth was introduced it was a loving nightmare for some resources (and still can be if you're newer, because gently caress BILE.)

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 9, 2021

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Almost anything with >15% status base chance, thanks to Weeping Wounds.

I was pretty happy with Gaundao prime running a basic combo build and with ALL the range mods (including spring loaded blade), it felt like an old melee almost.

Stropha, because the shotgun wave hits a lot of stuff.

A status plague zaw with the grenade exodia can also do a ton of status in general. i think it recently got fixed back to work with crits on the projectil too.

Jat kusar is just fun tho.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

My personal favorite is the Lesion.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Screaming Idiot posted:

So is... is it a bad thing that people can use it without literal years worth of resources tucked away? Because I remember when Helminth was introduced it was a loving nightmare for some resources (and still can be if you're newer, because gently caress BILE.)

Oh, no, I'm not complaining, I'm glad everyone can use it. That sounded a lot snarkier than I intended. Should have added a :v: or something, so I just did.

I'm just amused that they said that it would be a use for the piles of garbage high-MR players had and it didn't even put a tiny dent in my stash. And I figured someone would get a laugh or something out of nine million nano spores. I mean, I get that they're tiny, but that's too many.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 9, 2021

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The helmith is only bad if you can't wait a day for its appetite to reset. I unlocked all abilities recently and was never in danger of running out of resources. Also been playing for less than most.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Screaming Idiot posted:

Say, what's a good status melee weapon? I had a stupid idea for a Lavos build that abuses his ability to poo poo status procs at people and add to it with with a Condition Overload beatstick and the Cedo, which has replaced my Kuva Kohm as my rapid-fire status-flinging murder-weapon of choice. The Twin Basolk looks pretty nice, but the crit on it is abysmal. I also don't do two-handed nikanas, because Wise Razor feels so clunky to use.

I basically just want to inflict status effects on things no matter what I do, because Everything Everywhere must always be rotting, on fire, infected, and magnetized at all times.

Lesion and Zaws are good suggestions, I'm gonna toss in Ninkondi Prime for the multihits and good spread of base damage types.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

slow_twitch posted:

My personal favorite is the Lesion.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Lesion and Zaws are good suggestions, I'm gonna toss in Ninkondi Prime for the multihits and good spread of base damage types.

Yeah, all of these perform super solid even against Steel Path level enemies. Lesion is the easiest to grab for new players and has amazing stats. It even looks cool.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Sibears cryo req is pretty outrageous. Best way is hoping youre around on a double resource weekend and stack with a bought booster (and smeeta luck) so you can just chill out with a few 15-20 extractor runs on pluto and pick up enough on an afternoon. If you use something like lootdome khora it's pretty chill too.

TheParadigm posted:

I have a legit use for sibear.
(...)
Then I started playing the conclave. Turns out its pretty fun
holy gently caress, that's the hardest burn on a weapon ive seen in a long while

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 9, 2021

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

If you're going full-status-loadout, remember to take a Sentinel with the Helstrum and all the 60/60 and +status/multishot mods on it. It can easily apply over 10 procs in a single missile burst.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Thanks for the advice! I never even knew about the Helstrum!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Stahlta note from having used it as my main primary for a while after getting it: VILE ACCELERATION. Complete game changer for the secondary fire, the damage penalty is minimal with how much it already does. Very much a fan of the gun AFTER putting VA on it.

Echoing the Stalhta love. Vile Acceleration is a game changer for the secondary but makes the primary super fun too in a grakata-ish way, complete with recoil to compensate for. Sound is top tier too.

The secondary fire with VA is my fave of all the weapons of that fire type - Tombfinger primary (even though I have a good riven for it), Opticor Vandal, etc. The range on the explosion combined with that satisfying sound is just perfect.

Going back to Prop Wash's post about the stream: it took me 18 runs to get the Stalhta/Stropha BPs. So grab them from the stream drops if you don't have them, they're both fun weapons.

The Protea grinds were not fun, but at least the frame and both weapons are fun.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
at the very least, protea grind runs are quick. Which is more than be said for any C rotation drop table poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I save a mod slot on Stahlta by using it exclusively with Gauss, Wisp, and Harrow since they have fire-rate buffs.