Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SUNKOS posted:

I've been disappointed at how minimal the level destruction has been in Battlefield games since Bad Company 2 but apparently for the next one in the series they're making it a big focus so I really hope that we end up with maps similar to Bad Company 2 where they literally look and play completely differently near the end of the match. I feel the series has kinda been in a rut since BF3 and the maps have just been getting stupidly large.

Destruction in BF5 seems like a step up from the other recent games, the map looks completely different at the start vs the end of the game. They've put in that new build fortifications game mechanic to make sure points aren't just completely flat. It's a good game to jump into for half an hour when you want to shoot some people. Getting me excited for BF6 which I've seen a few rumours about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

SUNKOS posted:

I've been disappointed at how minimal the level destruction has been in Battlefield games since Bad Company 2 but apparently for the next one in the series they're making it a big focus so I really hope that we end up with maps similar to Bad Company 2 where they literally look and play completely differently near the end of the match. I feel the series has kinda been in a rut since BF3 and the maps have just been getting stupidly large.

I don't understand why they're hyping next-gen battlefield when it is also coming out on the Xbox One. It's not going to be next-gen lol. It seems that the most next-gen part of it is solely that the next-gen consoles get to play the 64vs64 game mode.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Thom12255 posted:

I don't understand why they're hyping next-gen battlefield when it is also coming out on the Xbox One. It's not going to be next-gen lol. It seems that the most next-gen part of it is solely that the next-gen consoles get to play the 64vs64 game mode.

Is that confirmed? I thought it was new gen & PC only

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idk but ea would be dumb to make a major 3rd party game for 10 million people when they could make it for 150 million people, absent some deal to sweeten the proposition

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Super No Vacancy posted:

quick resume did something goofy to my playtime in dq11 ive played maybe 15 hours and i just saved and it said 110 lol

It's not quick resume, dq11 just doesn't suspend the timer at all if the game is still running. I ended up with like 700 hours.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Crafty posted:

Is that confirmed? I thought it was new gen & PC only

Not really confirmed but not denied either - https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/18/battlefield-6-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-says-insider-13922666/

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

We're probably still a year or two away from escaping games being crippled to work on the shitbox old consoles

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

John F Bennett posted:

Dammit, I can't find my old xbox360 GTA4 box and I suddenly have an urge for some GTA4. Why is still this 25 bucks on the store?

It's 7 bucks if you're still looking to scratch that itch - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/grand-theft-auto-iv/brq2sczctxf2

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Evil Badman posted:

It's 7 bucks if you're still looking to scratch that itch - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/grand-theft-auto-iv/brq2sczctxf2

This led me to noticing Saints Row 2 was on sale for $2.00, so thanks

Probably the fifth time I've bought that loving game

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Evil Badman posted:

poo poo! I already bought it for 25 like the chump I am.

Oh well, at least I still have my health!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Badman posted:

Class, €8 here. I've been looking to get it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Yeah, I've been playing GTA4 since last week and it's a great game. I think I like it better than GTA5. Also, the physics are amazing, car handling is great.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Huge sale on the store right now. Kinda tempted to get the Borderlands Handsome Collection since I played 2 on PC ages ago and liked it but stopped for some reason. I haven't had a chance to dive into 3 yet and wonder if I should go through those first?

Also, COD games rarely go on sale but the version of Black Ops 3 with all the DLC (zombies & multiplayer maps) is actually on sale for once, for anyone that cares. Mentioning because they usually only put the cheaper version with the base game and zombie DLC on sale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wheeee posted:

We're probably still a year or two away from escaping games being crippled to work on the shitbox old consoles

Yeah but now we are stuck with games being crippled by Series S.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been looking to score a cheap copy of Blue Dragon so it being $5 right now was a no brainier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are you supposed to be considerably over-leveled throughout dq11s. i feel like i didnt do anything at all for this to happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

are you supposed to be considerably over-leveled throughout dq11s. i feel like i didnt do anything at all for this to happen

Youre supposed to fight each new enemy type once to laugh at the pun name and then run passed all the rest of the encounters.

As long as you have multi heal spells by the octopus boss you cant lose

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Not positive I had multiheal by that fight but it was as trivial as every other boss. I just have everybody on autobattle at this point. i skipped basically all the normal enemies for sniflheim and still slept through the boss battle

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Evil Badman posted:

Thank you, copped. Lost and the damned is also on sale, now to find a cheaper ballad of gay Tony.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 9, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Badman posted:

Sweet thanks!

SUNKOS posted:

Also, COD games rarely go on sale but the version of Black Ops 3 with all the DLC (zombies & multiplayer maps) is actually on sale for once, for anyone that cares. Mentioning because they usually only put the cheaper version with the base game and zombie DLC on sale.

Oh drat this is tempting.

bushisms.txt posted:

Thank you, copped. Lost and the damned is also on sale, now to find a cheaper ballad of gay Tony.

Yeah for some reason I had the DLC on my account but not the main game? Solved that today!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've been looking to score a cheap copy of Blue Dragon so it being $5 right now was a no brainier.

is this a good game worth the time then?
I was wondering why it sounded familiar and then 'i looked at the shelf above my desk and it turns out I got a disc copy of it with my 360 like 9 years ago and never even opened it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Imagine having never heard Eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBlsgXKHps0

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

lol ubisoft

American McGay fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 9, 2021

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i was thinking about it and we were still getting "legacy edition" games for 360/PS3 well into 2018 even if they weren't very good, so that's probably the same trajectory for next gen games being kneecapped by the older hardware imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

even better that that stuff isnt missing on ps4 pro lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm reminded of Pandora Tomorrow, the only Splinter Cell game you can't buy digitally on PC because it leverages some weird GPU tech that GPUs haven't had since the AGP slot days and if you try to play it on a modern PC and circumvent the errors it has a similar loss of visual effects.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

What should I be noticing here? There's seems to be haze on the right but I'm not sure if that's added because they have the processing power or if its there to obscure worse graphics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Easy one: no light from hatch in the darkened room scene

univbee posted:

I'm reminded of Pandora Tomorrow, the only Splinter Cell game you can't buy digitally on PC because it leverages some weird GPU tech that GPUs haven't had since the AGP slot days and if you try to play it on a modern PC and circumvent the errors it has a similar loss of visual effects.

Same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What should I be noticing here? There's seems to be haze on the right but I'm not sure if that's added because they have the processing power or if its there to obscure worse graphics.

probably the lack of screen space reflections and volumetric fog op

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Crushed blacks, lack of SSR and volumetric effects. It's obviously a bug but it's just weird that it even made it out in that state.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What game is it even?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Division 2

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Quite a... division... between those screenshots!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The PS4 Pro version looks better lol

They’ll patch it soon probably. No biggie

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

they still haven't fixed TD2's hitching when playing on Intel+Nvidia configs and I've already made enough progress to not want to start on another platform :sigh: more third-party games need cross-saves, Ubi even has their club app on Xbox so they could still keep the walled garden

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How the heck do I buy the GTAIV DLC? I can't get it to buy from the XBOX and it won't load the purchase on my laptop :thunk:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you navigate to this website on your phone, you should be able to buy it there.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/GTA-IV/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407f2

I've never been able to get any of the legacy store stuff to load on my desktop, but maybe it's just a browser issue.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How the heck do I buy the GTAIV DLC? I can't get it to buy from the XBOX and it won't load the purchase on my laptop :thunk:

idk I just tried it using these links below and I can get all the way to the "confirm purchase" screen. I already own Episodes From Liberty CIty on disc so I'm not gonna try to buy and then download it unfortunately but it seems to work just fine through the 360 store online

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/product/GTA-IV-The-Lost-and-Damned/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0001545407f2
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Grand-Theft-Auto-The-Ballad-of-Gay-Tony/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0004545407f2

it's weird that they don't offer Episodes From Liberty City as a bundle, at least that I can find. considering that they're charging $20 for Ballad of Gay Tony alone and that I bought the complete set on disc for that price about two months ago, it seems like a huge ripoff to just buy the DLC from the store, if you're set on acquiring it I'd try to find a retail copy for cheaper

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember forced parity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I bought GTA 4 too, looking forward to giving that a go again. Was the division 2 any good? I remember loving division one for a short while.