Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jel Shaker posted:

if this ironically saves the coastal sealife for future generations i’ll laugh

You'll be grimly silent as those fishing regions are instead used for dumping industrial waste in.

This is just for northern ireland but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

namesake posted:

This is just for northern ireland but lol
Two years left.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if starmer were smarter he'd say that boris is trying to go back on brexit and that everyone needs to vote for labour if they want to make brexit work

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

they mean a standings reset

time to deploy some bubbles in Calais

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

keir starmer is a no-poo poo open agent of the deep state, it's wild

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

bedpan posted:

when is the next general election in the UK?

Thursday 2 May 2024 unless it's called sooner.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

multijoe posted:

It's cool he's not even been hit by a single major scandal, he's just been slowly deflating like a flat tyre as people realise what a waste of space he is

Starmer will never be PM for the simple reason that every time he's on tv, he looks massively uncomfortable and like he's apologising for something. The average disengaged British voter can smell weakness on a politician a mile off and Starmer loving radiates it lol.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

prefect posted:

Hey, you guys are going to be getting some cheap shellfish soon.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1358848568178716673

All of the delicious molluscs Brits refuse to eat. A few years back, KFC changed their distributor and some outlets temporarily ran out of certain product lines. The emergency services were flooded with calls from panicked English people calling the cops, asking them to come to their local franchise to force the owners to release the secret hidden stocks of chicken tendies.

The UK has incredible fishing waters, but they're full of seafood that only those weird foreign types enjoy. All the bland fish suitable for the British palate, like cod and whiting, are native to North Atlantic in waters owned by the Scandinavian countries.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Starmer will never be PM for the simple reason that every time he's on tv, he looks massively uncomfortable and like he's apologising for something. The average disengaged British voter can smell weakness on a politician a mile off and Starmer loving radiates it lol.

No they can't.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Any yanks know a good clam chowder recipe? I had it once (well like 3 bowls) in Boston or somewhere as a kid and have always remembered it.

I have to make do with Cullen skink

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Communist Thoughts posted:

Any yanks know a good clam chowder recipe? I had it once (well like 3 bowls) in Boston or somewhere as a kid and have always remembered it.

They sell it in cans. I like to add a ton of black pepper and crushed-up crackers. :yum:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

10000 Sex Arses posted:

The UK has incredible fishing waters, but they're full of seafood that only those weird foreign types enjoy. All the bland fish suitable for the British palate, like cod and whiting, are native to North Atlantic in waters owned by the Scandinavian countries.

It rules. Scottish boats have started landing their catch in Denmark because if they take it home with them it'll just rot because as you say, Brits only eat about 3 types of fish. Not that I can speak, I eat 0 varieties of fish.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

We have two main types, New England style and Manhattan style. The kind you had was definitely the former. So look that up, its nice as hell. Usually the kind of thing you have in summer, but its perfect winter food. Nice creamy and warm.

For the true mom n' pop New England diner experience you have to have little crackers with it as well.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

depends

how long do you think the union'll hold

oooooh, good answer

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

multijoe posted:

It's cool he's not even been hit by a single major scandal, he's just been slowly deflating like a flat tyre as people realise what a waste of space he is

You say this but if Corbyn had run over a cyclist you better believe we'd have been hearing about it non-stop for a decade at least.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

brexit is back baby awouuuuuu

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

*In gammon voice* I didunit vote fur Brexit vote to NOT have shiet biscuits at my second home in Spain.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol you can get arrested for that? hahaha nice

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

guilty of one count of talking down our tom. sentenced to 6 months mucking out the privy and half eel rations

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:staredog:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

there will be adequate criminalization of speech

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

greenwald was right

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers
Anyone have any positive encounters with UK planning permission offices?

I've called for a clarification on wether "within 20 metres" on permitted development means entirely or partially within. They refused to answer and told me to email and ignored the email for a year now.

I'm just going to do it anyway I guess, we are fairly rural and I never gave my address.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Within X distance usually means any part of, unless there's a specific provision to allow partial encroachment.

kicks forts
Feb 19, 2006

cheers

kecske posted:

Within X distance usually means any part of, unless there's a specific provision to allow partial encroachment.

That makes sense because otherwise the 20m distance is a little meaningless.

Why couldn't those office drones just give me the clean shot to the back of the head and be done.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

kicks forts posted:

Anyone have any positive encounters with UK planning permission offices?

I've called for a clarification on wether "within 20 metres" on permitted development means entirely or partially within. They refused to answer and told me to email and ignored the email for a year now.

I'm just going to do it anyway I guess, we are fairly rural and I never gave my address.
No experience with the UK, but based on how this works in Denmark it’d be “Any part closer than 20m, no matter how minor”. And they’d be able to tell you to tear the entire thing down if you did not get a dispensation.

Of course you might not be found out, though that depends on how much you trust your neighbours not to rat you out. It might also become an issue if you later attempt to sell the property.

If the problem is the opposite, such as when building outbuildings in national parks or protected land, I suspect only walls part of the building envelope count, but you just need a single point of them to be within 20m.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1358834827097702403?s=20

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This isn't a new rule, right? It's been around for years, and applies to all countries outside the EU?

How much of a hand did the UK have in setting up this restriction in the first place? It would benefit the UK when they were part of the EU, so I'm assuming they were heavily involved.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

im a huge fan of this genre

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Cullen skink is the best

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
brexit isnt actually very good

(user was arrested for this post)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's gonna be worth it in the end, you'll see I say to myself as I cry into my 1200kcal government ration of clams, cockles and ersatz tea

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
gonna be incredible how all the weird seafood that's all we can get still ends up half-rotten before it reaches supermarkets.

just cut off the icky bits of the jellied eel, throw them to the street orphans

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

prefect posted:

Hey, you guys are going to be getting some cheap shellfish soon.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1358848568178716673

guess the EU has... 😎 more cock

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Just typical shellfish behaviour from the EU, trying to intimidate Britannia by flexing their mussels.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

10000 Sex Arses posted:

Just typical shellfish behaviour from the EU, trying to intimidate Britannia by flexing their mussels.

Get in the sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

10000 Sex Arses posted:

eels