Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I lived in South Carolina when this happened and a few days before it hit national news the local news on NPR were running bits “where is the governor” on the hour. It was a funny and surreal thing to experience unfold. First he was hiking. Then his wife was releasing a clearly annoyed statement. Then a local reporter on a hunch bought the cheapest airplane ticket she could get and stood outside the gate of a plane coming in from Argentina and sure enough he was on it. Then it hit national news and the rest is history.

I really felt like a part of something that weekend, ya know

Could you feel like you were hiking the Appalachian Trail yourself the whole time? Sounds magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
trump's nickname for warren being pocahontas when she had something like less than 2% native dna and had to apologize on stage at a native american forum while bernie got honoured with a native name is still funny

crepeface has issued a correction as of 09:24 on Feb 9, 2021

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the warren stans yelling that a snake emoji was hardcore harassment trying to drive them and her off Twitter

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Also that one governor or congressman from the bible belt who disappeared for like a week and then it turned out he was with his mistress

He won re-election

The day after the story broke was the day Michael Jackson died. The media immediately diverted their attention because a dead celebrity was more important than a governor disappearing, and the story basically died.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
During the primary Warren had an intern whose job was to print out a pages of tweets, this was how she learned and got pissed about the snake emojis

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol she knew about it? where did she say that she saw them? I hope she saw mine

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

During the primary Warren had an intern whose job was to print out a pages of tweets, this was how she learned and got pissed about the snake emojis

I thought it wasn't an intern, but actually 3-5 well paid full positions.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

papa horny michael posted:

I thought it wasn't an intern, but actually 3-5 well paid full positions.

Oh yeah i think you're right. It was definitely a paid position, not sure how many sure had reading the internet for her

I'll have to look for the article again

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Kitfox88 posted:

the warren stans yelling that a snake emoji was hardcore harassment trying to drive them and her off Twitter

The snake emoji was misogynistic, because...you know...the garden of eden...and stuff...

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

this literally cost him the election, leading to the deaths of hundreds in Florida

lol gj FBI

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

taqueso posted:

the dude that got shot in the face apologized

Media got told to refer to his face as being "peppered" and went along with it even though he nearly died

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

zegermans posted:

Media got told to refer to his face as being "peppered" and went along with it even though he nearly died

well it was 28 gauge birdshot. peppered seems accurate.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
cheney basically stole a heart from someone on the organ donor list

which he's coming up on the end of so he'll need another one soon

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

zegermans posted:

this literally cost him the election, leading to the deaths of hundreds in Florida

lol gj FBI

the fbi should simply not investigate dems imo

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
remember when trump touched the orb?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

zegermans posted:

lol gj FBI

the party of personal responsibility triumphs again

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Martian Manfucker posted:

Was Saudi Arabia on the list of countries in the Muslim travel ban? I imagine it was not.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This fuckin guy lol

https://twitter.com/0rf/status/1358841293435265024

For those who don't remember he made a good video, got hired by the Bernie campaign, then let go after some old videos of his were found. At the time it was kind of ambiguous how bullshit it was but now it looks like that was definitely a dodged bullet

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This fuckin guy lol

https://twitter.com/0rf/status/1358841293435265024

For those who don't remember he made a good video, got hired by the Bernie campaign, then let go after some old videos of his were found. At the time it was kind of ambiguous how bullshit it was but now it looks like that was definitely a dodged bullet

I remember people were really pissed that he was let go lol, turns out it was definitely a dodged bullet

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

CNBC posted:

Speaking at a civic club in suburban Charlotte, N.C., on Wednesday morning, Gingrich did not formally withdraw from the race but said he was now campaigning as a “citizen,” The Associated Press reported.

He did not explain what he meant.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Martian Manfucker posted:

never forget

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The largest civil rights protests in two generations demanded police reform or abolition and in response our enlightened liberal leaders got rid of Aunt Jemima.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
aunt jemima don't like uncle ben

uncle ben don't like aunt jemima

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Joe Biden summarized it better than I ever could when he was on the phone with those black community leaders. He brought up the large number of mixed race couples in advertising and asked what more they wanted. The thing is, he wasn't wrong, if you watch TV like 70% of commercials feature mixed race couples anymore, it's clearly a conscious decision on the part of marketers to feature more of that sort of diversity. The cops will keep murdering your children at random, but you're represented! We see you, we hear you, we feel your pain!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A lot of liberals genuinely believe that representation in media and the ruling class is the beginning and end of all civil rights

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
shitlibs are idealists so it's no wonder that they've brokebrained themselves into genuinely believing ludicrous poo poo like that token representation or language policing will somehow override the material reality of a institutionally racist society

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

A lot of liberals genuinely believe that representation in media and the ruling class is the beginning and end of all civil rights

its impossible for black people to oppress black people just like it's impossible for whites to suffer under white leadership

that's what racism means

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

pow wow chow

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ben shapino posted:

pow wow chow

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the star of the liberal propaganda flick good night and good luck went on to play a radical anarchist militant in the expanse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkU4MMQZ54

versus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIjlP9ZDIIE

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
is dr. Paul’s stroke his top search engine result now

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

remember when bob dole fell off a campaign stage

https://youtu.be/UIatQSImzU0

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Il Federale posted:

remember when bob dole fell off a campaign stage

https://youtu.be/UIatQSImzU0

reminds me of kelsey grammer's fall but funnier cause it's dole

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ben shapino posted:

pow wow chow

Haha imagine if this was Bernie

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ben shapino posted:

pow wow chow

Liz Warren is a member of the dem native american caucus.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Haha imagine if this was Bernie

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i also remember when bernie racistly ate fried chicken that a black man prepared

https://twitter.com/T_FisherKing/status/1129991113807466496

stupid racist bernie!!!

https://twitter.com/imaginaryerika/status/1130004716719468544

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Gordon Brown got confronted by a woman being very racist, and when he got recorded calling her a bigot in private it became national scandal and he was forced to apologise to the racist woman for calling her racist.

This became a sticking point in that General Election.

Also he spent all the poonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SteelMentor posted:

Gordon Brown got confronted by a woman being very racist, and when he got recorded calling her a bigot in private it became national scandal and he was forced to apologise to the racist woman for calling her racist.

This became a sticking point in that General Election.

Also he spent all the poonds.

When the media kept lecturing the left in Britain about civility right up until and then after a fascist murdered a sitting MP