Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED
joe bide is going to solve americas obesity epidemic by doing nothing about americas food insecurity crisis. The fool runs about doing things they never finish, the master does nothing and leaves nothing undone

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Brain Candy posted:

sir, SIR this crass misspelling of the name of the rapist president united states is uncouth

I regret that language and take responsibility for it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw the name of this thread and I yelled

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Normalcrats

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ram dass in hell posted:

welcome to good zone home of the good posts can i take yr order

$2000 please

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Zhulik posted:

I regret that language and take responsibility for it.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I saw the name of this thread and I yelled

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

sorry we don't have that on the menu

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Goodocrats
The Angelmice

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

sorry we don't have that on the menu

i think we have, hrmm, let me check... yes. yes. $0?

unless you would happen to be a quadriplegic from trinidad? we have $5.23 tax credit and a coupon to Applebees

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED
you know what, joe is such a good guy, the democratic party did us such a solid removing that awful cheeto man, we owe THEM 2000$ dust off the actblue yallll

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

here's to joe biden the most progressive president ever

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Breakfast All Day posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1358967693366468609

i really appreciate how compassionate he is here, in noting that suicides are up, then being very careful to say "things are getting better" and not talking about the 4,000 people that are dying a day from covid. its a very nuanced and tender way to care for our mental health. i cant believe he managed to record this speech in only 19 days! lincoln went his whole term without recording a speech

I'm glad they acknowledge the fact that people might be feeling desperate because they lost their job due to the pandemic but also recognize that anyone making $50k 2019 obviously doesn't need help even if they lost their job to the pandemic and are feeling desperate.

It's good that people are seen and heard and are valid.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ram dass in hell posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ram dass in hell posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

one Democrat nearly beat a man to death with a cane on the floor of the Senate, which is pretty rad

now, he was beating an abolitionist who made him mad by criticizing slaveholders with improper decorum, but alas

this wouldn't have happened if he had a gun

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1359197177583648772?s=19

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

WorkerThread posted:

this is a great start; if you can collect a giant list of links in the op you'll actually be on the shortlist for modship

lol

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this wouldn't have happened if he had a gun

right? it's very sad. we'll never see a spontaneous bare-knuckled boxing match between MTG and Katie Porter and we are all the worse off for it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

joe biden, a man who has never grabbed a pussy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Brain Candy posted:

i think we have, hrmm, let me check... yes. yes. $0?

unless you would happen to be a quadriplegic from trinidad? we have $5.23 tax credit and a coupon to Applebees

ooh, you're a quadriplegic from Haiti? so sorry, all we have right now is this facebook profile picture theme

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/WillsPlural/status/1359198853770084352

i usually hate these but

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What the gently caress

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

joe biden, a man who has never grabbed a pussy

yanno I've heard that sum-41 is pretty popular in moscow................

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
The Mods & Admins are Sex Pests, Pedos, and Sex-Pest-and-Pedo Enablers

Eh! Frank has issued a correction as of 22:51 on Mar 16, 2021

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
for some extremely [good] news. some haitian kids are getting free transportation back to their home country. i'm glad to see we're finally getting kids out of cages.

it's also [good] that news orgs are laying cover for biden by pointing out that the chief executive does not have functional control of his own agencies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/08/us-ice-immigration-customs-enforcement-haiti-deportations

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Zurtilik posted:

You can go to any other thread for succ energy. What happens when one of those threads becomes too succ and the same "problems" arise?

Idk.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

THREAD'S CLOGGED
wow my depression is lifting, it turns out i just have deeply unhealthy parasocial relationships with dusty old crib robber politicians, thank god im not broken

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Eimi posted:

Where the gently caress is the succ zone?

imagine i edited the al queda behading picture but it was fluffdaddy/squizzle/twoday/crust standing behind the succzone

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
democrats know when it's important to say sorry:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/neera-tanden-faces-confirmation-hearing-for-budget-office-post-11612883291

Neera Tanden, President Biden’s pick to lead the Office of Management and Budget, said she regretted past comments she made while running a center-left think tank and pledged to be nonpartisan if confirmed to the role by the Senate.

“I know there have been some concerns about some of my past language on social media, and I regret that language and take responsibility for it,” Ms. Tanden said in opening remarks at her confirmation hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. She didn’t specify which comments she was referring to.

She described herself as an “impassioned advocate” in her previous role as head of the Center for American Progress. But she added, “I understand that the role of OMB Director calls for bipartisan action, as well as a nonpartisan adherence to facts and evidence.”

Asked on Tuesday whether the White House asked Ms. Tanden to apologize for her tweets, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said, “We certainly did not ask her to make any specific comments in her testimony today.” She said the president is confident Ms. Tanden will be confirmed.

Ms. Tanden has in recent years used Twitter to criticize then-President Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers, while also tussling with the left wing of the Democratic Party.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tricky D posted:

for some extremely [good] news. some haitian kids are getting free transportation back to their home country. i'm glad to see we're finally getting kids out of cages.

it's also [good] that news orgs are laying cover for biden by pointing out that the chief executive does not have functional control of his own agencies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/08/us-ice-immigration-customs-enforcement-haiti-deportations

drat the stork is real

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/SavageJoyMarie1/status/1359209028962963460

In retrospect punching Faiz was actually good but it still makes me really mad that this is happening and nothing will stop it

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Just got a $700 bill because my medical visit was out of network even though the doctor was recommended by my in-network doctor and the office was within the same health company so I had no reason to assume it would not be covered.

Anyway, very excited that this is the Healthcare system that dems are supporting. It's very stable and predictable =]

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/SavageJoyMarie1/status/1359209028962963460

In retrospect punching Faiz was actually good but it still makes me really mad that this is happening and nothing will stop it

“If you’re Bernie Sanders, you could probably stop this if you wanted to,” D’Alessandro said. “The fact that he hasn’t said that, or his people haven’t said ‘this is something we’re really going to look into,’ tells me that the way we might view it as supporters, it hasn’t risen to that level to him.”

A spokesperson for Sanders did not respond to a request for comment about his planned approach.

Still, not all Democrats are fretting about potentially promoting Tanden. Other Senate Democrats, including Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), initially lauded Biden’s historic choice of Tanden—who would be the only woman of color to lead the agency—an approval that was echoed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and even some outside groups on the left.

“If confirmed, Neera Tandem's high praise of the Green New Deal must be actualized into concrete policy,” said Ellen Sciales, a spokesperson for the Sunrise Movement. Tanden, whose climate views have evolved over time, once wrote a statement for CAP in 2019 arguing, “America has a choice to make: We can come together to create high-quality jobs in the industries of the future, protect our communities from extreme weather and economic damage, and build a better and more equitable country for our children and grandchildren—or we can stick our heads in the sand.”

Clinton alums have also expressed a fondness for Tanden and confidence in her ability to navigate the nuances of the agency. “Look, Neera is really good at policy and she’s not great at campaign politics,” a longtime friend of Tanden told The Daily Beast. “Her entering the political fray more than she ever had in previous cycles, I would not use as a litmus test as to the success that she will have in her ability to work with Bernie Sanders moving forward.”

Matt Bennett, co-founder of the Democratic think tank Third Way who served in the White House under former President Bill Clinton, praised Tanden’s policy credentials and urged progressives to put aside old primary grievances.

lol

lmao

This is so loving dumb lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"this lady is great for the left" -- centrist ghouls

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

if you need a little boost today, remember that the hoarse whisperer is unhappy, and smile to yourself :)

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1359006313913679872

https://twitter.com/hedlike_a_hole/status/1359125451676004355

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

loquacius posted:

"this lady is great for the left" -- centrist ghouls

Xenomorphs are great for spaceship crews since they understand what it's like to live in a spaceship