Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just do normal piledrivers or normal tombstones. don't have to do a dangerous or lovely sitout tombstone because those are the only two ways to do one. delete move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the rikishi driver looked cool.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Everyone should just do the Steiner Screwdriver as a finish.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Honestly, I’m so desensitized these days that not even a Steiner Driver could get me off. Add in a 180 rotation and maybe a bit of a jump and now we’re talking.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sandman McMahon posted:

Honestly, I’m so desensitized these days that not even a Steiner Driver could get me off. Add in a 180 rotation and maybe a bit of a jump and now we’re talking.

Make the Ganzo Bomb a transition move.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

:sickos:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/HalHaneyArt/status/1358804321429782528

That same artist I posted before did another rogues lineup, but for Bret this time. His Dynamite doesn't really look like DK, but the rest look amazing. Bad News also looks more like someone else I can't place.

ChrisBTY posted:

I'd rather have lovely sitout piledrivers where the dude's head remains a foot off the map than 'good' sitout piledrivers that shorten Steve Austin's career by 5 years.
Trying to making chicken soup out of chicken poop made way more sense in the 90s when WWE had nothing going on in the midcard than it does in the 2010s-20s where it's not 'finding something that will work' and more 'you will like this guy whether you like it or not' over guys the crowd actually likes.

I don't disagree, but like, he had plenty of moves that were safe and looked great. He had a superkick. He could probably do a dancing Earthquake splash, and that would've gotten over as well as the Stinkface, but without being stupid.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I like those rogues' gallery pictures and I love that they drew Vince with a black eye for the Bret one.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol Vince having the black eye and Earl Hebner being on there.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Red posted:

I don't disagree, but like, he had plenty of moves that were safe and looked great. He had a superkick. He could probably do a dancing Earthquake splash, and that would've gotten over as well as the Stinkface, but without being stupid.

People who were fans of the stinkface were there for spectacle, not wrestling. And no superkick or earthquake splash on earth could match the sheer visceral appeal of a large man mooshing his butt cheeks on somebody's face.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 9, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TheKingslayer posted:

Everyone should just do the Steiner Screwdriver as a finish.

You're thinking too small

https://streamable.com/bkna1

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

:stonk: so many things could go wrong.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lid posted:

Of course they kicked out.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

They are looking at his penis.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Everyone except Backlund, Backlund's shifty eye game is strong

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Shine posted:

Of course they kicked out.

these drat new kids dont know how to work

(This was in 1996 and we're all old but just conceptualise this - that was 25 years ago.)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kennel posted:

They are looking at his penis.

And Jerry Lawler seems to love it.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

TheKingslayer posted:

And Jerry Lawler seems to love it.

they like owen, they like bret... jerry lawler seems to LOVE the speed-o man... what more do they want????

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lid posted:

these drat new kids dont know how to work

(This was in 1996 and we're all old but just conceptualise this - that was 25 years ago.)

I also like "they" in this case being Chris Jericho.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lid posted:

https://i.imgur.com/biYGgXF.gifv

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Deathlove posted:

I also like "they" in this case being Chris Jericho.

pah, who'd he ever beat?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Pitbull #1 pulled it off better than Jericho.

That is such a weird sentence to type.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

pah, who'd he ever beat?

A MAN CALLED JUVENTUD

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

A MAN CALLED JUVENTUD

Vary Morales? I call him Juventud all the time.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So I love so bad its hilarious stuff. What are some really bad matches that go all the way around and become amazing. I'd prefer not heroes of wrestling/old guy lucha matches where the participants can barely move and it makes the viewer sad.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

LionYeti posted:

So I love so bad its hilarious stuff. What are some really bad matches that go all the way around and become amazing. I'd prefer not heroes of wrestling/old guy lucha matches where the participants can barely move and it makes the viewer sad.

My friend, have you heard of a little promotion called TNA?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't know where you could find it (it might still be on Fite? But look around) but if you can get ahold of it the Blackcraft Wrestling: No Apologies show is the pinnacle of the form

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LionYeti posted:

Let us indeed start with TNA as Cerebral Bore wisely recommends and begin with the 'electrified cage' that was in no way electrified but Team 3D and LAX had to make it seem like it was. To be completely fair WCW did something similar many years earlier at Halloween Havoc where Abdullah the Butcher was thrown into an electric chair and 'shocked' but the TNA match is next level.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This kinda straddles the sad to watch and absolutely hilarious categories, but the main event of TNA Victory Road 2011 is absolutely legendary for all the wrong reasons.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
the Silent Night Bloody Night match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The entire episode of TNA with the Barbed Wire Christmas tree has been uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPQSr_fxe0&t=5s

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LionYeti posted:

- Zeus vs. Abdullah the Butcher

- Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 20

- Undertaker vs. Giant Gonzalez at Wrestlemania 9

- Fiend vs. Seth Rollins, Hell in a Cell

- Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior at Halloween Havoc '98

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Ultimate Warrior vs Goldust is pretty fascinating too

Sabu vs Sandman at November to Remember 97 is a bizarre exercise in trying to build a 20 minute match around a handful of crude table and ladder spots with absolutely nothing in between

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Triple H vs. Scott Steiner, '03 Royal Rumble. Hunter tries to do his usual 30-minute NWA epic match, except Steiner can barely move.

Triple H vs. Great Khali, '08 SummerSlam. See above.

Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov, '08 Survivor Series (before Edge shows up). See above, also featuring extensive mat wrestling!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

D.N. Nation posted:

Triple H vs. Scott Steiner, '03 Royal Rumble. Hunter tries to do his usual 30-minute NWA epic match, except Steiner can barely move.

Yeah. This might be peak Trips thinking he can cosplay Flair. Flair probably could have carried (literally) a one-legged Scott to a watchable match. Hunter not so much.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kennel From Hell match.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan from Summerslam... 2005? is absolutely legendary. Please watch that one.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Sandman McMahon posted:

Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan from Summerslam... 2005? is absolutely legendary. Please watch that one.

That was great. It's "5-year-old pretending to take cartoony bumps" except Shawn Michaels.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

LionYeti posted:

James Storm and Chris Harris have a blindfold cage match where the blindfolds keep falling off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Corfl44XvnI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

This kinda straddles the sad to watch and absolutely hilarious categories, but the main event of TNA Victory Road 2011 is absolutely legendary for all the wrong reasons.

Victory Road 2011 in its entirety could be considered "so bad it's hilarious."