Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Whatever the case, I'm sure it's ultimately because of a conspiracy by Bethesda to get one over on Obsidian for very unclear reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

PinheadSlim posted:

They were probably contractually obligated to keep most things similar to FO3, but I imagine it more has to do with the extremely limited development time of 18 months.

Yeah, when it comes down to a choice between interesting quests and well-written stories, and making engine faces look better, I'll take the former every time.

Then again I'm easy to please with graphics.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Yeah, when it comes down to a choice between interesting quests and well-written stories, and making engine faces look better, I'll take the former every time.

Then again I'm easy to please with graphics.

Honestly yeah, the only face things in 3 and NV that really bother me are player faces, which are a loving struggle to make look ok

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Magmarashi posted:

Honestly yeah, the only face things in 3 and NV that really bother me are player faces, which are a loving struggle to make look ok

Where are their loving chins?!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody got any ideas for a challenge run of NV. So far I got

JSawyer
No fast travel except between cities/Towns
Hard mode
Hardcore mode
Double Hardcore needs
1 in every SPECIAL
10% Exp gain
No Magazines
No quicksave/reload
No Backing out of Dialogue
No waiting
Only sleep in owned beds
No companions except for quest triggers

I watched the Worst courier vid and thought it was interesting but I think we can take it farther.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Be nude

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Disable intense training

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Disable intense training

I've been weighing not taking it, the problem is I'll not have access to nearly any perks, seems like it might get boring

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

No stimpacks. Heal by sleeping.
Fox only.
Final Destination.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No save only spend

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Anybody got any ideas for a challenge run of NV. So far I got

JSawyer
No fast travel except between cities/Towns
Hard mode
Hardcore mode
Double Hardcore needs
1 in every SPECIAL
10% Exp gain
No Magazines
No quicksave/reload
No Backing out of Dialogue
No waiting
Only sleep in owned beds
No companions except for quest triggers

I watched the Worst courier vid and thought it was interesting but I think we can take it farther.

When you run out of ammo you switch to a new gun. You can't get rid of old guns or use them if you get more ammo, you have to find a new one.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

When you run out of ammo you switch to a new gun. You can't get rid of old guns or use them if you get more ammo, you have to find a new one.

That's a dope idea, like a modified on site procurement. Really break me of the get the best gun from vendetron and shoot my way cross the wasteland habit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pick a chem for your character to be addicted to. If you see it in a shop, you must buy it. If you see it on a shelf, you must steal it. If you are not currently enjoying the benefits of it, you must do it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Respect the dead. Never loot a corpse, fresh or ancient.

(Except when required by quest progression)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Is there not a mod that keys fast travel off of the Mojave Express mailboxes?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Lone Badger posted:

Respect the dead. Never loot a corpse, fresh or ancient.

(Except when required by quest progression)

Disrespecting Legion is okay, living and dead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xxTTM_vbQ

Who needs volunteers voice actors when you can do this.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Father Wendigo posted:

Is there not a mod that keys fast travel off of the Mojave Express mailboxes?

Puce Moose made an excellent mod that makes fast travel terminals only in or near major cities. And it costs money. They also have to be repaired as they are run down when you first find them. Works best with a mod that turns off fast travel.

I highly recommend it, has made my latest run way more enjoyable, as fast travel now feels balanced.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_xxTTM_vbQ

Who needs volunteers voice actors when you can do this.

I legit never knew that guy's name till now. I guess I just never bothered to read the name thing when he spoke.

First thing I find is on Reddit from a week ago

Oliver Swanick had enough and joined the Legion

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

This seems like a longshot, but does anyone know where the heck the .nif file for wasteland omletes are? I found the texture, but it's not in the same place, the food folder, or the junk folder.

I'm making a mod that expands the food choices, and want to include omletes for the other eggs in game.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

But also, don't use Fallout Character Overhaul, none of those face-changing mods are any good, tbh.

I once downloaded one of those "Improved faces" mods a long long time ago, and everything just seemed... wrong. Vaguely unsettling. Gross.

It didn't take me too long to realize that it was because an unpublicized feature of the mod was to turn every black character in the game white.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Katsuma posted:

I once downloaded one of those "Improved faces" mods a long long time ago, and everything just seemed... wrong. Vaguely unsettling. Gross.

It didn't take me too long to realize that it was because an unpublicized feature of the mod was to turn every black character in the game white.

...You know, I could understand one or two because race switching can happen by accident ( see: Daniel in Honest Hearts ) but all of them is just Ick.

Reminds me of "Make Whiterun White" mod in Skyrim.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Twincityhacker posted:

This seems like a longshot, but does anyone know where the heck the .nif file for wasteland omletes are? I found the texture, but it's not in the same place, the food folder, or the junk folder.

Open up xEdit, go to the omelete’s form and check the path

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jesus three hours setting up things for my bad courier run. With multiple hard drive crashes I've somehow ended up with mods and game directories on three different drives but I wanted to salvage it instead of starting all over. Anyways finally get it all setup and running start playing for fifteen minutes before I realize I forgot jsawyer which was half the drat reason I was gonna run again.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I installed JSawyer to play hardcore on, then I installed all the patches that add all the cut content from the game, then I installed Increased Wasteland Spawns. I got to Primm and there were at least 20 loving powder gangers there and I had to retreat to the little NCR camp across the bridge. There were 8 or so NCR troopers there and if it weren't for them it would have been very difficult clearing out Primm at level one lol.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Katsuma posted:

The White CJ mod remains the single most downloaded mod for GTA San Andreas.

No it doesn't, disregard this stupid post.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 10, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I am disgusted but not surprised.

edit: wait what the gently caress

Alacron fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 10, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Like gently caress it is. I knew you were full of poo poo so I checked Nexus gtagarage and gta inside. Not even close on any site.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I am surprised that white... I've forgotten all of their names, but that whitewashing the Black protagonist isn't higher ranked.

Edit: :fuckoff: with that poo poo. The world already has too much whitewashing already, you don't need to go adding more fuel to the fire.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 10, 2021

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

This single phrase instantly brought my mood down.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Max Coveri posted:

This single phrase instantly brought my mood down.

Then you'll be happy to know Ludiark is full of poo poo as always, and the DragonBall Z mod is 53 Times more popular then even the most popular white CJ mod.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I was working off some bad or out of date information, not trying to mislead anyone. Sorry. This is really embarrassing. Especially after the other thing. It was definitely very popular closer to the game's launch, but I haven't checked in years, hence me loving up.

E: Edited original post. Sorry again everyone. I'm a big dumbass.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 10, 2021

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

PinheadSlim posted:

I installed JSawyer to play hardcore on, then I installed all the patches that add all the cut content from the game, then I installed Increased Wasteland Spawns. I got to Primm and there were at least 20 loving powder gangers there and I had to retreat to the little NCR camp across the bridge. There were 8 or so NCR troopers there and if it weren't for them it would have been very difficult clearing out Primm at level one lol.

IWS is bad, try uhh “Mojave raiders” and the other mods that guy’s done

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

The Living Wasteland seems okay so far. I intend to get rid of the hanging Legionary because that's pretty off-base for the NCR.

Did spot a Robobrain trailing a Traveling Merchant though so I guess it isn't perfect.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kashekya
Dec 11, 2003

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

See this is the pathetic part to me, people treating this as some kind of moral failure when it was just people jumping the gun on something and being briefly wrong about something in a mod. If I hadn't literally been asleep when the follow up was posted I would've gone "Oh lol that makes sense" but by then people were already getting called psychopaths or whatever. It's really, really weird to treat this as some kind of hysteria or moral panic that is emblematic of a deep seated character flaw or general trend.

I don't mind admitting that I hosed up not looking up the modding team or thinking about the context before posting, and the dude is within his rights to roast me about it on his modder page, but I really think the overreaction is on the other side of this conversation, because it was 3 people being wrong about something for approximately one hour and apparently that's worth weird moralizing and pages and pages of derails.

lmao

Burns
May 10, 2008

What are recommendations for a good Freeside overhaul?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Sadly outside of Freeside Open there's not really any. I saw that there was one that added a bunch of light up signs to Freeside but that doesn't really seem to fit the asthetic.

Freeside Open however unfortunately breaks a lot of other quest mods that use Freeside, so I had to turn it off in order to play stuff like New Vegas Bounties.

I just want a mod that takes all the NPCs from Freeside Open and adds them to regular vanilla Freeside. Vanilla Freeside is way too empty.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/search/

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gaius Marius posted:

the DragonBall Z mod is 53 Times more popular then even the most popular white CJ mod.
What does the DBZ mod do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Burns posted:

What are recommendations for a good Freeside overhaul?

Freeside Review is pretty ambitious but I'd wait until he makes the version that removes his changes to the Strip.