Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ahahahahahahaaaa this loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Lmao.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

your friend wicka posted:

Imagine writing four straight posts in defense of cigarettes lmao

Smokes let’s go.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

This is still the best Dodge commercial, and they didn't pay a dime for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eLpH513po

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

cool video of checo´s first day at rbr, happy for the dude he drove his balls out last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisQEec0OvM

Imagine growing up in Mexico and having to move near Milton Keynes though

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

Imagine growing up in Mexico and having to move near Milton Keynes though

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Reminds me a little of a forlorn Carlos Sainz standing around in some Waitrose aisle looking for fajitas in one of Drive to Survive's bits that wasn't narrated by Will Buxton doing his faux-commentary poo poo.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

American sports writing is just the worst.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

the corona quid posted:

There’s plenty that could be done and karting was just one example. I think them doing gently caress all to spa after someone died on it in F2 is pretty criminal and there would’ve been a very different result if that accident was in F1.

What did you want them to do? The terrain of that specific area forces their hand. There is a cliff on one side of the track so they can't make it wider or divert the track to the left, and the run off on the right is already as wide as it can be. The only other thing they could do there is make that whole area a gravel trap.

Oh wait

quote:

In order to obtain the necessary FIM Grade C licence, the circuit has redesigned run-off areas, with gravel traps to be installed at five key corners including La Source, Raidillon, Blanchimont, Les Combes and Stavelot.

At several corners, including Raidillon where Formula 2 racer Anthoine Hubert suffered a fatal accident in 2019, the run-off areas will also be expanded.

https://www.autosport.com/other/news/152669/spa-unveils-plans-for-80million-renovation-project

I think this counts as more than "gently caress all" but I'm not a professional amateur race car kart driver and expert on all subjects.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Those circuit upgrades are being done because the FIM (which is unironically good at evaluating and updating safety for racers) mandated it, it says so in the article you linked, which just goes towards my point that the FIA doesn’t give a poo poo which brings us back to

the corona quid posted:

It’s real great whenever you guys pontificate about safety n poo poo but don’t race or realize how idiotically top down it is under the FIA. meanwhile like four guys broke their ribs in my club karting last year, yeah the FIA really gives a poo poo about safety lmfao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Anybody else care to half read an article which makes my point and then try and frame it as evidence against what I’m saying?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Forza Ferrari!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

FAUXTON posted:

should call it canadian nascar

This exists and would occasionally get on canadian tv. They raced in montreal as support for nascar when they went there, and for rolex endurance when they were there

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

watching the doctor, the tornado, and the kentucky kid and nicky haden's horrible accent keeps making me smile remembering growing up on the border of tennessee and kentucky

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Our new CIO is introducing himself and he's got a photo of Lewis in his presentation. Blessed.

sounds awesome. does your company have any openings, op?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

sounds awesome. does your company have any openings, op?

they appear to have one gigantic rear end in a top hat

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:lol:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

:vince:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

Holy gently caress

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

God drat

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

FAUXTON posted:

holy poo poo dude

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

:eyepop:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow very rude things being said about our CIO itt

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-drops-rainbow-branding-we-race-as-one-initiative/5374907/}

Im glad F1 ended racism

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wow very rude things being said about our CIO itt

don't steal sir lewis' valor then

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Only F1 could do it, the most incisive and forward thinking of sports. Glad that problem is solved and we won't have to talk about it ever again!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Now that racism is over let's pile on those uppity Americans demanding 2 sandwiches per hour.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think it's time F1 discuss bigotry against the nation and people of Italy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Agreed OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and once again ferrari is running late

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How many more days before bottas wins the first race and then recedes for the rest of the season

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
bottas wont win any race this year he will be fighting for third against the rbr boys

engine freeze and sprint races

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1359888154245873664

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

bottas wont win any race this year he will be fighting for third against the rbr boys

engine freeze and sprint races

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1359888154245873664

eh it's only 3 races, Bottas got tire punctures and dropped deep into the midfield on way more than that

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/startonpole/status/1359943304419377152

fucks sake

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Canada, Monza and Interlagos are not the races you need to test sprint races at if the idea is to improve the show. It basically just guarantees a chance to rectify the running order with pace if you do a bad job in quali and ensures a less mixed up grid for the race on Sunday.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Nooooooooooo!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/AlpineF1Team/status/1359954932800061441

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

drat switzerland the graveyard of careers

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
stop riding bikes on asphalt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tsaedje posted:

Canada, Monza and Interlagos are not the races you need to test sprint races at if the idea is to improve the show. It basically just guarantees a chance to rectify the running order with pace if you do a bad job in quali and ensures a less mixed up grid for the race on Sunday.

Should've done it at portilmao, baku and some other chaosball track

Let grosjean fill his seat until he comes back lol