Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nevermind

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Jun 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Is that choker made of safety pins?? It is bomb :discourse: As is everything else about your look as usual
It is! I got it at hot topic and loved it but it turned my neck green 😔

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Absolutely

This is me just shortly after the first was born, in 2017

Beautiful kids though! Makes the damage worth it. :)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Is that choker made of safety pins?? It is bomb :discourse: As is everything else about your look as usual.

Hey PP! I am glad the sad brains have relented a bit :unsmith: That short blue hair is amazing on you.

I'm bumping this thread back to the front page for kind of a selfish reason; I was browsing through my pictures folder and I had never realized how visible my own sad brains were in a lot of the selfies I've taken. My eyes in a lot of them really bummed me out. I didn't even realize when I took them I was so unhappy :( I am very powerful at emotional repression.

But this morning I had taken a selfie, and looking at today's picture and my old ones side by side I look a little tired but a lot happier. And "a little tired but a lot happier" is a pretty good way to be and I'm grateful for that. Today I will commemorate "the day I realized I am a lot happier than I used to be."

It's good that you're doing better, and that you realize it.

Brawnfire posted:

Absolutely

This is me just shortly after the first was born, in 2017

Man you have some photogenic babies.

I still have Cat.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Phosphine posted:

We finally have some decent winter with a bit of sun, so I got out of the house for once (WFH since march, woo) and actually rode a bike.

No reference picture but I've definitely also had a case of "unhappiness visible" that I didn't really notice until I saw how I looked while biking outdoors again.

Hope you're all doing well in these hosed up times!
I hope you're doing well too! I'm glad you got some outside time. Outside time in nice secluded places has helped me quite a bit.

Elviscat posted:

I still have Cat.

Elvis, this is a very good Cat. Shoulder cats are top tier. :kimchi:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

POV: you're a neat rock on the ground and i'm about to put you in my pocket

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I hope you don't mind a neat rock telling you your hair is great!!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

InediblePenguin posted:

pov: you're stoned

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Elviscat posted:

It's good that you're doing better, and that you realize it.

Man you have some photogenic babies.

I still have Cat.

Thanks, they somehow both got our best features (and left us with the rest)

I like that you have a shoulder cat, I've always wanted a shoulder cat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

I am a good shape and contour for skipping on ponds

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Went looking for winter hats in the hat box in the wardrobe, found this venerable item right at the bottom.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Elvis, this is a very good Cat. Shoulder cats are top tier. :kimchi:

Brawnfire posted:

Thanks, they somehow both got our best features (and left us with the rest)

I like that you have a shoulder cat, I've always wanted a shoulder cat

Not to say you're not fine looking yourself!

Jules is the best, I caught him tearing open a bag of cheap bread I was using to extract a bearing and had left on the ground.

For a month I put out food for him and he'd run away or attack me if I got within 10'.

Then one day I put out his food and sat down 15' away, as was custom, and after he ate he ran up and was like "your shoulders and lap are my home now fucker" and he's been living on my deck ever since.

He only loves me, if my Mom or GF are over he'll stay in his house, but not come any closer.

If more than 1 person is over he runs away, then the second they're gone he comes back for food and shoulder time :kimchi:

He's the 3rd in a line of wonderful, adoptable and cuddly kitties that have moved into my crawlspace, and the first that'll be my cat and I'll have forever (other two are also in great homes)

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

<3

I love how cats just wander into your life and decide that you're theirs. It's absolutely adorable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This big boy showed up just after thanksgiving. Here it's stalking Little Dog. So far it only seems to want to sneak up and boop Little Dog on the butt and then bolt across the yard, but I keep an eye out when the dog is in the yard to make sure there's no escalations.

I put out a heated water bowl and daily kibble after getting hit full blast by the guilt rays it was shooting at me through the sliding glass doors. When it got colder out I got shelter and lined it with a bunch of straw.

I've been calling it Mr Kitty (but am unsure as to the sex right now). Now that there's a LOT more snow than in the picture, it pretty much stays in the shelter+straw I made for it, only coming out to drink out of the heated water bowl or eat the kibble I put out. When it warms up a bit, I'm going to get the TNR group out here so I can make sure it's fixed and gets a round of shots (and also scanned for a chip).

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I am currently working late because people are bastards, and listening to metal, The Anime of Music, to get me through it. It will be TEN YEARS next month that I saw Turisas live, wearing pinstripe trousers, a white shirt, braces, a tie, and warpaint. Like a viking that works in accounts. This is me post gig and post sweat. Ten years. Good god.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Very cool.

I've been listening to Babymetal, the anime of metal which is also anime, for a month straight because work has been lovely and it's the only thing that is goofy enough to make me happy.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i live in a cat society

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

Omg that disgraceful little tart next to you. My heart.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

new wig, happy.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Flint_Paper posted:

I am currently working late because people are bastards, and listening to metal, The Anime of Music, to get me through it. It will be TEN YEARS next month that I saw Turisas live, wearing pinstripe trousers, a white shirt, braces, a tie, and warpaint. Like a viking that works in accounts. This is me post gig and post sweat. Ten years. Good god.

feral hugh laurie?

e: Teagan that's a sweet wig it looks great

i did a crafts project today

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Feb 11, 2021

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

InediblePenguin posted:

feral hugh laurie?

Strong Orville Peck vibes here. I like it!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Three years!

Ellie Crabcakes has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Feb 13, 2021

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Went looking for winter hats in the hat box in the wardrobe, found this venerable item right at the bottom.

Nice goon swag.

Teagan posted:

new wig, happy.

Nice new wig. You do look happy!

InediblePenguin posted:

feral hugh laurie?

e: Teagan that's a sweet wig it looks great

Nice mask! I would get those tangled up in about 2 minutes.

Looking good FC!

LAB I'm glad you're feeling happier these days, I know finding happiness is a rough journey, I wish I could get out of my own sad brain a lot.

There's a lot of great cats on this page! Coincidentally I took this cat selfie around 2:30am while drinking my sad brain to sleep.

Unfortunately Sweetleaf got a mass growing on her throat that the vet confirmed to be cancer. Inoperable. We were given painkillers, and an appetite stimulant, we're trying to spoil her and give her lots of snacks and love until the tumor inhibits her eating or breathing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Awesome, and drat I want those boots but I could never pull them off but maybe that's just the more reason to wear them

Babby Satan
Aug 7, 2020

First, this is a beautiful picture and you are beautiful (I mean this is the least creepy way possible, for the record).
Secondly, I can't say how glad I am to hear that you're happier than you used to be. Even if you think that is a small accomplishment in itself, I can assure you it is not and you deserve to recognize that in yourself.
Thirdly, and not to trot out my own bullshit, but I can 100% relate to not realising how unhappy you are, so in that vein I am all the happier that you realised it and that you are doing better now.
Be well and be safe, Birb lady :)

Also, since this is the selfie thread. Here is a very old not-a-selfie

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

That looks more like Tween Satan 🤷🏻‍♀️

Babby Satan
Aug 7, 2020
I mean... Satan had to grow up too, right? :D

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I am also v happy that Borb came back!

This is me, preparing to record a hot take in my work car

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Working from home (heh).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

rear end-penny posted:

There's a lot of great cats on this page! Coincidentally I took this cat selfie around 2:30am while drinking my sad brain to sleep.

Unfortunately Sweetleaf got a mass growing on her throat that the vet confirmed to be cancer. Inoperable. We were given painkillers, and an appetite stimulant, we're trying to spoil her and give her lots of snacks and love until the tumor inhibits her eating or breathing.

Oh AP I'm so sorry :( Sweetleaf is so gorgeous. If it is at all possible to fit some extra love on top of the heaps and piles you are giving her already, please add some from me.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Babby Satan posted:

First, this is a beautiful picture and you are beautiful (I mean this is the least creepy way possible, for the record).
Secondly, I can't say how glad I am to hear that you're happier than you used to be. Even if you think that is a small accomplishment in itself, I can assure you it is not and you deserve to recognize that in yourself.
Thirdly, and not to trot out my own bullshit, but I can 100% relate to not realising how unhappy you are, so in that vein I am all the happier that you realised it and that you are doing better now.
Be well and be safe, Birb lady :)

Also, since this is the selfie thread. Here is a very old not-a-selfie

:glomp: Thank you for these kind words, they (and you!) are immensely thoughtful. It sounds as though you too are doing better than you once were, and I'm glad for that and hope you stay that way or, even better, continue to improve. All the best to you as well.

Also, cute bike. :3:

Babby Satan
Aug 7, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:glomp: Thank you for these kind words, they (and you!) are immensely thoughtful. It sounds as though you too are doing better than you once were, and I'm glad for that and hope you stay that way or, even better, continue to improve. All the best to you as well.

Also, cute bike. :3:

Thank you! :) it's a work in progress and I'm not there yet but putting in the effort does help a lot, and yeah, however wobbly I still get I'm doing heaps better than I was doing only a year ago.
All the best to you and your crew :)

Also AP, I'm so sorry about your catte. She looks like a wonderful girl so I'm going to second LAB's request and ask for extra cuddles to be given to her from me if that's okay.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Thanks for the kind words, friends. Unfortunately last week her health declined rapidly. After she failed to eat any food or do much of anything besides sleep Thursday, my roommate told me he was taking her in for a quality of life check and his veterinarian partner had warned him these checks frequently end in putting the animal down. Before he left for the check i lay on the floor next to her and gave her lots of scritches, I got her purring but she was sort of gasping for breath while she did. She did not come back home that day. That picture was the last I took of her, and the last time she felt herself enough to come seek attention and snuggles. It is a loss I'm still processing.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh honey I am so, so sorry. It's obvious you were a wonderful friend to her, and through your love and companionship you made her life a happy one. She loved you just as much and just as deeply as you love her. Wherever she is now, she still does.

Babby Satan
Aug 7, 2020
rear end Penny, I'm so sorry for your loss. You did what you could and you gave her the best life she could have. It doesn't make the pain go away but in your own way, you did help make the world a small amount better.
Take some time for yourself and be well as much as you can.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

rear end-penny posted:

Thanks for the kind words, friends. Unfortunately last week her health declined rapidly. After she failed to eat any food or do much of anything besides sleep Thursday, my roommate told me he was taking her in for a quality of life check and his veterinarian partner had warned him these checks frequently end in putting the animal down. Before he left for the check i lay on the floor next to her and gave her lots of scritches, I got her purring but she was sort of gasping for breath while she did. She did not come back home that day. That picture was the last I took of her, and the last time she felt herself enough to come seek attention and snuggles. It is a loss I'm still processing.

Sorry friend. I had to bring in my dog to be put down half a year ago. He was having seizures and the beginnings of bone cancer. It's not easy, and I feel for you.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Whoops. I don't know what I did here, sorry

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bye

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 17:09 on Jun 5, 2022

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fat sailor overseas in Croatia waiting for food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mask selfie.