Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Crafty posted:

I bought GTA 4 too, looking forward to giving that a go again. Was the division 2 any good? I remember loving division one for a short while.

Haven't played either one, but I seem to remember reviews being mostly "D1 but new."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ubisoft should unlock the framerate in The Division 1 (because the winter setting is much better.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Crafty posted:

I bought GTA 4 too, looking forward to giving that a go again. Was the division 2 any good? I remember loving division one for a short while.

AFAIK everyone said that 2 was great and had good multiplayer.

Are those screen shots from an enhanced version or just the base version on a new console?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's the next gen patch for the current version. I don't think there's any plans for a proper next gen version.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

It's the next gen patch for the current version. I don't think there's any plans for a proper next gen version.

Ok cool so next gen lite.

I might have to pick it up if it goes on sale then.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

somebody posted that the xbox button on their elite controller sucked and had to pushed a couple times in different spots and ever since reading that mine is worse than ever and it takes me five tries to turn the thing on. thanks a lot!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

Division 2 was so boring that UBISoft released a paid expansion that made you go back to New York City.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Super No Vacancy posted:

somebody posted that the xbox button on their elite controller sucked and had to pushed a couple times in different spots and ever since reading that mine is worse than ever and it takes me five tries to turn the thing on. thanks a lot!!

My lb elite button is recently busted, sekiro defeated it. It came out of its holding but I put it back in and it semi works again, feels a bit dodgy tho.

Not sure ill to get another elite controller, I rarely ever used the extra paddles except for halo. Does anyone have all 4 of those things on? It’s like learning a new language, I only ever kept one attached.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I dled GTA 4 cause of the sale.... wow this game looks awful, it's like 140p. I don't think I could get used to this gonna refund.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 10, 2021

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
There was a leaked Amazon listing from a few months ago that suggested they were going to release a current-gen remaster of gta4 this year so you might just want to wait and see if that pans out

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crafty posted:

My lb elite button is recently busted, sekiro defeated it. It came out of its holding but I put it back in and it semi works again, feels a bit dodgy tho.

Not sure ill to get another elite controller, I rarely ever used the extra paddles except for halo. Does anyone have all 4 of those things on? It’s like learning a new language, I only ever kept one attached.

I bought an elite that had a busted lb button and set lb and rb to back triggers instead, it rules.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I bought an elite that had a busted lb button and set lb and rb to back triggers instead, it rules.

I replaced the left bumper on mine after dropping it on a tile a few times. Kit was cheap from Amazon and pretty easy to do.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My elite S1 guide button sucked but the S2 is fine.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ixnay posted:

There was a leaked Amazon listing from a few months ago that suggested they were going to release a current-gen remaster of gta4 this year so you might just want to wait and see if that pans out

lol rockstar is never ever going to release a standalone gta game ever again, not even a remaster

gtao prints more money for them for way less expense and effort than they could ever have imagined while they were releasing quarter-billion dollar blockbuster games every four years

if they do come out with a remaster, expect a Blizzard-style remaster (ie one that's broken and sucks) since Rockstar has decided to turn themselves into a Blizzard-style company. look to the iPad GTA remasters for precedent

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Legit serious question: I have never looked at Kinect, but I'd like at some point to try Rise of Nightmares, just because I'm a Sega completionist. How'd I go about that? This is confusing between the Xbone dropping the Kinect port at some point, there being two versions of Kinect which I'm not sure if they are compatible, and not being sure if Kinect games are even backwards compatible (but I suspect they aren't). Is the only possibility to do it on a X360 with the original Kinect? What about Xenia?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure you're gonna need a 360 and original kinect. I think Xbox One kinect was dead by the time 360 BC came around and there was no way they were gonna make those games work on newer consoles.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crafty posted:

Div2 is pretty good, it's the only one of the recent ~live service games~ to hold my interest for more than a couple hours. I think it's because under the tacticool milsim veneer it's actually just Diablo 3 with cover shooting and some pretty neat mission design.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm pretty sure you're gonna need a 360 and original kinect. I think Xbox One kinect was dead by the time 360 BC came around and there was no way they were gonna make those games work on newer consoles.

Well, the good news is that an original Kinect seems cheap. The bad news is that I'm seeing some eBay listings with just the device and others with the device and a power supply. One of the listings claim not all X360 models require the Kinect power supply. I'm going to assume I should play safe and get one with the power supply just in case it's required because I have no idea how to identify if my old X360 needs one or not. Most listings do not have a power supply, interestingly enough, so it's not just the case of people losing theirs.

Yes, there is someone legit interested in the loving Kinect in the futuristic dystopian year of 2021.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a person who played a lot of Rise of Nightmares, please don't. It is not good and the kinect adds nothing but frustration. Please purchase only if you plan to play the other actually fun games that use the kinect as well.

On a relatedish note apprently more 360 and OG Xbox titles are coming this year to back compatibility.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Barudak posted:

As a person who played a lot of Rise of Nightmares, please don't. It is not good and the kinect adds nothing but frustration. Please purchase only if you plan to play the other actually fun games that use the kinect as well.

Well, if I'm buying the stupid thing I may well grab whatever exists that is fun. What are your recommended titles?

Barudak posted:

On a relatedish note apprently more 360 and OG Xbox titles are coming this year to back compatibility.

That would be good news, honestly. Yes, I barely play most of the old games that are currently compatible, but I love knowing the option is there.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Div2 is pretty good, it's the only one of the recent ~live service games~ to hold my interest for more than a couple hours. I think it's because under the tacticool milsim veneer it's actually just Diablo 3 with cover shooting and some pretty neat mission design.

Yeah this is spot on. The gear system was kind of a mess at launch but it's in a very good place now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
If you're going to buy a Kinect at least play Steel Battalion or something stupid like that, what the gently caress.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Well, if I'm buying the stupid thing I may well grab whatever exists that is fun. What are your recommended titles?

Kinect Star Wars

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Well, the good news is that an original Kinect seems cheap. The bad news is that I'm seeing some eBay listings with just the device and others with the device and a power supply. One of the listings claim not all X360 models require the Kinect power supply. I'm going to assume I should play safe and get one with the power supply just in case it's required because I have no idea how to identify if my old X360 needs one or not. Most listings do not have a power supply, interestingly enough, so it's not just the case of people losing theirs.

Yes, there is someone legit interested in the loving Kinect in the futuristic dystopian year of 2021.

The original fat 360 of RRoD fame needs the power supply. The Slim and Elite 360 do not (so it makes sense if someone bought a Slim-with-Kinect bundle that it wouldn't include one).

The Slim and Elite 360 consoles have a special proprietary connector, usually with a red or orange line sticker next to them. If your 360 has this, you do not need a power supply.

If you only have normal USB ports, then you do (the adapter basically has this special port on it that you plug the Kinect into, splices in power, and then goes to normal USB).

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports are fine for what they are, and I had fun with Wreckateer and The Gunslinger, but other than the Dance Central series (which are legitimately great dance games) I don't think there's too many standout Kinect titles that I can unequivocally recommend.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Crafty posted:

My left bumper gave up the ghost thanks to three dark souls games.

The paddles are great for shifting in racing games, and for slide/jump shooting in CoD without having to take your right thumb off the stick. That's about it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Seltzer posted:

I dled GTA 4 cause of the sale.... wow this game looks awful, it's like 140p. I don't think I could get used to this gonna refund.

I think it looks pretty nice tbh. The streets of not-NYC are very pretty at night and I enjoy the gritty atmosphere of the bad neighborhoods in the game.
Also have you tried taking a helicopter to some roof, getting out and watching the sun come up? It's very nice.

The more I play GTA4, the more I prefer it over GTA5. It does everything well (except for the lack of mission checkpoints).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Actually Good:
Dance Central 1/2/3 if you like dancing games at all
Fruit Ninja
Kinect Adventures
Fru (seriously, its an interesting and brief puzzler that cleverly uses the Kinect aka like the only actual game that necessitated this thing. If you prefer a less good version Leedmees is also available on the system)

Bad but fun if cheap:
Kinect Star Wars
Dragon Ball Z: Kinect
Wreckateer

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Crafty posted:

I recently picked up a couple of broken elite s2’s to fix up. I got one of them working in a matter of minutes* and started using it almost exclusively. I haven’t really found a solid use for more than two paddles in the games I tend to play, but it’s really nice option to have. Also, the battery life is great and the heft of the controller is A+.

Also, that specific one came with a literally defective paddle. No idea how that happened.

*I had to pop it open and clean it after solving the “Won’t charge” issue by using a different USB C cable. I’m trying to figure out how in the flying gently caress the inside of the controller had half a bag of chip crumbs and mucous poo poo inside. It cleaned up really nicely at least.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

Fru (seriously, its an interesting and brief puzzler that cleverly uses the Kinect aka like the only actual game that necessitated this thing. If you prefer a less good version Leedmees is also available on the system)

I forgot about Fru! Fru is wonderful.

Edit: it was an Xbox One game, however. Not on 360.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Double Fine Happy Action Theater was a cool Kinect thing also. It had like an ambient mode where you could just leave it running and it would cycle through scenes. I left it running a couple of times during a party and people would just walk past the TV and see themselves throwing balloons up in the air and stop and interact with it for a while, it was neat.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Best thing about Kinect was yelling QUICKSAVE every 10 seconds while playing Skyrim.

Also, Your Shape - Fitness Evolved was very good.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

John F Bennett posted:

I think it looks pretty nice tbh. The streets of not-NYC are very pretty at night and I enjoy the gritty atmosphere of the bad neighborhoods in the game.
Also have you tried taking a helicopter to some roof, getting out and watching the sun come up? It's very nice.

The more I play GTA4, the more I prefer it over GTA5. It does everything well (except for the lack of mission checkpoints).

gta 5 is a better sandbox, but gta 4 is a better game and liberty city being smaller kind of works in its favor because theres no giant empty zone to pad out the map like in 5 and SA. also i really love the cars being so weighty, you just drift around everywhere lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Episodes From Liberty City is and always will be peak GTA to me. V didn't really do it for me but we'll see how 6 is when it gets closer

boz
Oct 16, 2005
If anyone was looking at an Elite Controller but the price tag is scaring you off, I have to recommend the PowerA version.

https://www.powera.com/product/fusion-pro-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-white/
I had a Series 1 Elite controller for a long time and finally had to replace it so I bought one of these.

Everything about it feels great, and it only runs for $80. Only caveat is that it is wired.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Saoshyant posted:

Do you live in the UK? If so I still have my Kinect and a few games in not using. You are welcome to mine.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

barnold posted:

Episodes From Liberty City is and always will be peak GTA to me. V didn't really do it for me but we'll see how 6 is when it gets closer

yeah the two expansions are really good. gta 5 was fun enough but 2 of the 3 characters were insanely uninteresting and unlikeable to me, while all 3 of the gta 4 characters have stuff g oing on and feel like real characters.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
we need new Vice City games. If I can dream one set in the 80s and one set in modern day

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One of my favorite things to do in IV was to hijack the biggest truck I could find and then just drive backwards on the freeway and send all the cars flying through the air. Good car physics in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll actually get one of those dancing games just for the novelty of trying it out.

Tsietisin posted:

Do you live in the UK? If so I still have my Kinect and a few games in not using. You are welcome to mine.

I live close, thanks for offering. Sadly, we don't have open borders/market anymore, so anything sent between nations is now taxed heavily.

univbee posted:

The original fat 360 of RRoD fame needs the power supply. The Slim and Elite 360 do not (so it makes sense if someone bought a Slim-with-Kinect bundle that it wouldn't include one).

The Slim and Elite 360 consoles have a special proprietary connector, usually with a red or orange line sticker next to them. If your 360 has this, you do not need a power supply.

If you only have normal USB ports, then you do (the adapter basically has this special port on it that you plug the Kinect into, splices in power, and then goes to normal USB).

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's not amusing how hard it is to find proper info about this stuff, considering everything is Xbox in the name and there's two Kinects and none of those things ever became popular enough.

Mine is one of the original 360's. Surprised it's still working *knock on wood* more than a decade later. I remember the time we had to know what motherboard revision they came in to figure how easy they would get the RRoD. If I remember any of this stuff, I think it was the Jasper that was the best one, while I have a Falcon, which was "acceptable" but still in the dangerous zone. Who knows how much of that stuff was factual and not just hocus pocus of speculation.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 10, 2021