Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

silentsnack posted:

Yet the rights-holders aren't going after the cops for unlicensed public performance of copyrighted media? :thunk:

That part's accurate, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I would have gone with Disney music cause you know they definetly would sue to get that taken down

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
disney won't even stop them from using punisher skulls lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

I love brands™ :geno:

imagine just being tyhe humble target pr account man and three facebook accounts start having an orgy in your replies

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

god drat i loving hate copyright

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

god drat i loving hate cop, right

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/RaytheonDefense/status/1358113236743299073?s=20

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1359413852161605636
:chloe:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/848982344111280130?s=20

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Just the entire concept of the pillow wars is dumb as poo poo because the Venn diagram of customers of chud pillows and Hogg resistance pillows are 2 circles on opposite ends of the earth. They are not competing for any customers and normal people just buy whatever pillow is cheapest at bb&b

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
It would be like if someone had a beef with the inventor of Trumpy bear and wanted to steal his business by selling Biden Bear (or probably Kamala Koala would sell better)

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Begun the Pillow Wars have.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

The Nastier Nate posted:

It would be like if someone had a beef with the inventor of Trumpy bear and wanted to steal his business by selling Biden Bear (or probably Kamala Koala would sell better)

koala harris, surely

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
add "david hogg" to the SA word filter, replace it with "emma gonzalez" imo

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Does wanting whatever pillow I pick out of a bin at BB&B or similar make me a centrist?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mameluke posted:

add "david hogg" to the SA word filter, replace it with "emma gonzalez" imo

Where's the funny? Wordfilters are supposed to be funny.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
in a shocking twist, the Hogg pillow company's first product will be Daisy Hogg body pillows.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

Daisy Hogg body pillows.

for those who mercifully forgot about Daisy Hogg:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

redleader posted:

koala harris, surely

cspam better trademark this grift before someone else gets in on it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:fsmug:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

Just the entire concept of the pillow wars is dumb as poo poo because the Venn diagram of customers of chud pillows and Hogg resistance pillows are 2 circles on opposite ends of the earth. They are not competing for any customers and normal people just buy whatever pillow is cheapest at bb&b

Or an actually good pillow not from a direct marketing company.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
if you go home with someone and they don’t have hogg pillows, don’t gently caress them

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
heh, you could say I'm a real Thiel Fellow

*gets hooked up to the blood harvesting machine*

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i love the hogg pillow now its so fuckin stupid

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Remember that Florida water treatment plant that was hacked and someone tried to add lye to the drinking water?

Turns out they were running Windows 7 (:lol:), no firewall (:lol:), and all of the employees were sharing one Teamviewer password for remote access to the SCADA system (:lol:).

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/02/breached-water-plant-employees-used-the-same-teamviewer-password-and-no-firewall/

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

withak posted:

Remember that Florida water treatment plant that was hacked and someone tried to add lye to the drinking water?

Turns out they were running Windows 7 (:lol:), no firewall (:lol:), and all of the employees were sharing one Teamviewer password for remote access to the SCADA system (:lol:).

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/02/breached-water-plant-employees-used-the-same-teamviewer-password-and-no-firewall/

welp better cut their funding then

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Or maybe just the remote access????

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

withak posted:

This is like standard issue for a LOT of infrastructure crap. I'm impressed they were even using team viewer with A Password At All. Used to be just windows remote desktop completely open to anyone, just had to know the address.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The Nastier Nate posted:

It's a pillow fight.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Good, bad, I'm the man with the pillow.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

MRC48B posted:

This is like standard issue for a LOT of infrastructure crap. I'm impressed they were even using team viewer with A Password At All. Used to be just windows remote desktop completely open to anyone, just had to know the address.

Not even, you can just use nmap to iterate through every possible address on the subnet and stuff like VNC and teamviewer is very obvious if it’s set up on a device. Probably you could identify that the network has port forwarding set up through the web by randomly scanning for vulnerable networks but I’m not sure how that part works since I’ve only learned how exploit stuff on my network.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Not even, you can just use nmap to iterate through every possible address on the subnet and stuff like VNC and teamviewer is very obvious if it’s set up on a device. Probably you could identify that the network has port forwarding set up through the web by randomly scanning for vulnerable networks but I’m not sure how that part works since I’ve only learned how exploit stuff on my network.

Oh I know it's a security nightmare. I used nmap today when someone forgot what IP the building automation stuff got set to.

I'm just saying that for normal Infrastructure IT practice, this is a step up, because someone had to click their way through a teamviewer install and show people how that program works.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1359864927444496388?s=19

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:ssh:
its no one

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Hell yeah, they can't even let you ignore zoom meeting in peace, here comes the "engagement" AI to scold everyone involved.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

quote:

The AI, named AffectiveSpotlight, identifies participants’ faces and uses a neural network to classify their expressions into emotions such as sadness, happiness and surprise, and spot movements like head shaking and nodding. It also uses an eyebrow detection system to spot confusion, in the form of a furrowed brow.

Each expression is rated between 0 and 1, with positive responses scoring higher. Every 15 seconds, the AI highlights the person with the highest score in that time period to the presenter.

A Microsoft Research spokesperson told New Scientist that “spotlighting audience responses makes the presenter more aware of their audience and achieves a communicative feedback loop”. The research team declined an interview.

is this tool meant for a video meeting or a stand-up comedy gig

think i'll point my camera at one of those drinking birds so my boss thinks i'm loving his poo poo

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

silentsnack posted:

Yet the rights-holders aren't going after the cops for unlicensed public performance of copyrighted media? :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE9tN-mmDYw&t=8s

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

It’s me cause I’m shitposting during the meeting

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Oh look, another agendaless meeting, gonna be fully engaged on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jackfitzdc/status/1359592071376609280