Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

What is the Milkshake Duck quotient on this one?

Like a 0.75?

I don't know man, it's pretty bad though. Click through and check out the thread if you didn't.

e: or read the article if you want the detailed version.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So is it basically impossible to find one of those 3080 graphics cards?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know man, it's pretty bad though. Click through and check out the thread if you didn't.

e: or read the article if you want the detailed version.

:stare:

I shouldn't be shocked though. My default setting is assuming people are awful.

It's prob dysfunctional but I'm still waiting on the universe to prove me wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

wandler20 posted:

I'm guessing it's related to this

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Hi TFF Chat. Occasional CFB poster here.

Over a decade ago there was a screenshot where the chyron was something like 'NFL Generic' and 'AAAAAAG' (some combination of A's and G's, no idea how many). I want to say it had Ben Roethlisberger in some state of dismay or incredulousness.

Can anyone post or link said screenshot? Thanks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Yes and no. Yes, impossible to find at retail price, no, just hit up https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=3080+rtx&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=3080 and please don't buy from those loving pieces of poo poo.

Skwirl posted:

I'm guessing it's related to this

Nah, the newer graphics cards are apparently not significantly better for their price then older ones for bitcoin mining (or weird dedicated math cards), it's primarily a everyone's stuck at home gaming, and the production facilities were shut down for months earlier this year due to covid.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Maxwells Demon posted:

Hi TFF Chat. Occasional CFB poster here.

Over a decade ago there was a screenshot where the chyron was something like 'NFL Generic' and 'AAAAAAG' (some combination of A's and G's, no idea how many). I want to say it had Ben Roethlisberger in some state of dismay or incredulousness.

Can anyone post or link said screenshot? Thanks.

I thought I had this saved but I do not :( However I'm 99% sure it was a picture of Jack Del Rio.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Turns out I had a really old one, don't recall it being so low res, but lol, it's so old, it probably was

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Thank you TFF. I don't know why I conjoined it with :psyberger:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Turns out I had a really old one, don't recall it being so low res, but lol, it's so old, it probably was

There was another one during an Eagles game but I can't remember what it was

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Both meatheads

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Maxwells Demon posted:

I think the photoshop thread that came after it had a :psyberger: edit put into it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, I think tonight's Jackbox struck gold in ways we've never dreamed of:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Maxwells Demon posted:

I distinctly remember a shot of that same chyron with Roethlisberger in it. I think it was from the same game.

E:

seiferguy posted:

I think the photoshop thread that came after it had a :psyberger: edit put into it.
Ah that's why I remember it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

Yes and no. Yes, impossible to find at retail price, no, just hit up https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=3080+rtx&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=3080 and please don't buy from those loving pieces of poo poo.

Nah, the newer graphics cards are apparently not significantly better for their price then older ones for bitcoin mining (or weird dedicated math cards), it's primarily a everyone's stuck at home gaming, and the production facilities were shut down for months earlier this year due to covid.

There's a chip shortage atm due to covid-19 but also miners are buying them up, but also scalpers.

It's gotten to the point that miners are buying up any laptops with 30 series in them too because of the desktop shortages.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

I have one. There’s a discord that will alert you when it’s in stock, along with consoles and other hard to find electronics.

https://discord.gg/atr

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

it's more likely connected to the crunch on global semiconductors that's also impacting automotive production. a bunch of the suppliers slowed down because of the pandemic, and those things are on the "ocean liner" side of the speed with which they can get spun back up.

PS5s and Xbox Serieses are also likely to be impacted too.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Yes. It took me about 3 months to get my 3080, and that was with me sitting in Discord servers that sent notifications as soon as stock dropped.

If you want a chance, head over to the NVidia thread in SH/SC and get the Discord links. Here is the one that seems to be best, but there are others:

https://discord.gg/zPEMSEM3

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does this kinda suck

401k matching posted:

Employees may contribute to the plan immediately.
Mission Health System provides a 50% match (of match
eligible compensation) up to the first 6% of your salary
deferrals after 1 year and 1,000 hours w orked.
Matching funds provided per pay period.
Matching funds are vested 100% after 3 years of
qualified service.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

6% is higher than I remember most employers offering in match, although 1 year before kicking in seems longer than I remember. Most jobs I had (that weren't straight "gently caress you here's your check") were around 3-4% and kicked in after six months.

lol oh wait, 50% match of your first 6%, what a goddamn laugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Does this kinda suck

Looks pretty common from my experience.

edit

https://www.investopedia.com/articl...nt%20of%203%25.

quote:

KEY TAKEAWAYS

The average matching contribution is 4.3% of the person's pay.

The most common match is 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% of the employee's pay.

Some employers match dollar for dollar up to a maximum amount of 3%.

Ehud fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 10, 2021

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

6% is higher than I remember most employers offering in match, although 1 year before kicking in seems longer than I remember. Most jobs I had (that weren't straight "gently caress you here's your check") were around 3-4% and kicked in after six months.

lol oh wait, 50% match of your first 6%, what a goddamn laugh

I may be exposing myself as a complete math fuckup here, but 100% of 3 vs 50% of 6 is the same company contribution, and the rule of thumb is save 10%, so if the goal is to get the equivalent of 10% into a retirement account, the employee contribution of that 10% is the same in 100% of 3 vs 50% of 6?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I am just thankful every day for my defined benefit plan that the state was unable to gently caress up in the recession so it'll probably be there when I need it so I personally don't have to care about the market. That's some comptrollers job.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Does this kinda suck

You work in healthcare and aren’t an MD. You’re lucky they aren’t spitting in your mouth while calling you a hero and docking your pay for the free drink.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

I may be exposing myself as a complete math fuckup here, but 100% of 3 vs 50% of 6 is the same company contribution, and the rule of thumb is save 10%, so if the goal is to get the equivalent of 10% into a retirement account, the employee contribution of that 10% is the same in 100% of 3 vs 50% of 6?

That's the joke. It's meant to look like six. But it's not. There's literally no reason to put it like that unless you want to make it seem better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

That's the joke. It's meant to look like six. But it's not. There's literally no reason to put it like that unless you want to make it seem better.

The reason is probably in hopes a certain amount of employees are not going to put 6% of their check away that would put in 3%.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That 401k is not great, but there are worse. Not vesting for 3 years, and not applying for the first year are the worst parts. My current job does 100% up to 4%, and my previous job was like 25% up to 8%, so actually just 2% matching. Just make sure to defer at least 6% to get the full match.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanna feel old?

https://twitter.com/MsRebeccaBlack/status/1359186161491603457?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Didn’t know what that was ten years ago and still don’t.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The guy who lives on Twitter hasn’t seen a video made huge on Twitter? Suspicious imo

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

The decoder ring episode on Friday was good

https://slate.com/podcasts/decoder-ring/2020/05/rebecca-blacks-friday-ark-music-factory-viral-youtube-pop

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_oK01DB15w

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you make it more than 6 seconds into that YouTube link then you are truly a warrior because *wow*

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you make it more than 6 seconds into that YouTube link then you are truly a warrior because *wow*

I have to congratulate them on capturing the static and tinniness of real player compression.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

Also, I think tonight's Jackbox struck gold in ways we've never dreamed of:

That Champ'd Up was pure synchronicity. Getting the Mallrats joke to land was :discourse:.

And of course a Fizfashizzle callback. :boom:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The weirdest part will always be the rap interlude by some random dude.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jesus christ I have no patience for business people who still can't figure out how to join a Zoom or Teams meeting in 2021.

GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jesus christ I have no patience for business people who still can't figure out how to join a Zoom or Teams meeting in 2021.

GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

lol

I hear ya bud. I've been fielding calls and emails all morning about an email I sent out yesterday. It had literally 5 steps, all with screenshots and big red arrows directing the user on what to click on.

Still too complicated :sigh:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

lol

I hear ya bud. I've been fielding calls and emails all morning about an email I sent out yesterday. It had literally 5 steps, all with screenshots and big red arrows directing the user on what to click on.

Still too complicated :sigh:

100 people sitting in a meeting waiting for three reps from a vendor to figure out how to connect.

One connects and constantly keeps trying to talk without unmuting himself.

Another connects from both his computer and phone, with the phone on speaker, causing constant feedback for everyone.

The other just can't get her darn camera to work, bless her little heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I always enjoy seeing the Jackbox TFF injokes dropped here. Ya'll are some good artists, even the stick people.