Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

NienNunb posted:

I love Earthbound a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the earthbound clay models ftw. there were even different ones in the U.S. handbook to make them look slightly 'cooler' lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I had the strategy guide with the scratch and sniff barf and honestly it kinda put me off on the monster designs because of just how gross it was.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Fangamer Earthbound guide is very good as well, love it. I've never played Mother 3, maybe I should...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mother 3 is a fantastic game and the fan translation is great. just a tightly designed jrpg with a good challenge, tons of gameplay improvements from EB but with all the same charm

it really is a travesty it never got released officially over here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mother 3 kicks rear end but be prepared that its definitely a very different feel from earthbound. really sweet, cool game though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've played more Mother 3 than Earthbound at this point. It's very good.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bouillon Rube posted:

in game vs manual artwork

Holy poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress yeah!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I imagine all the enemies and monsters that have been posted so far as being at a big party for Bad Guys. They're all hanging out, drinking, plotting.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Based off a real dog that tried to kill Miyamoto

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

King Bills are a species of Bullet Bill that first appeared in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The King Bill is invincible and cannot be defeated by any power-up, not even a Starman. These enemies are extremely tough, they can brake through any kind of block imagiable. The only way to stop this enemy from harming Mario is to reach the flagpole at the end of a level.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ds3 has some sick enemies

OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

patapon was such a cool looking game

OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

lol hell yeah

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

extremebuff posted:

mother 3 is a fantastic game and the fan translation is great. just a tightly designed jrpg with a good challenge, tons of gameplay improvements from EB but with all the same charm

it really is a travesty it never got released officially over here

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you play the Mother 3 fan translation,
it's really good,

but, in Earthbound it often makes sense to avoid random battles, because they will beat the poo poo out of you as you go from point a to point b and you can end up wasting a lot of time if you get wiped out (probably in Peaceful Rest Valley) so you learn to pick your battles and conserve resources

in Mother 3 it's kind of the complete opposite, and if you try to conserve hp you'll probably just end up underleveled for a boss fight (probably the Resconstructed Caribou)

it's not a deal-breaker but it's one of those things I wish I knew my first time playing

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i like the old style of level design where everything is slime and the walls have mean grimacing monster faces on them

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I imagine all the enemies and monsters that have been posted so far as being at a big party for Bad Guys. They're all hanging out, drinking, plotting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just went to the super mario wiki to see if they ever brought wart back and i forgot that he can kill you with his death animation. it makes sense because he is the most badass of the mario villains, who can gently caress up your dreams.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
He's not even real. He's a pussy that's confined to another dimension. Oh there's Wart? Guess I'll just wake up and be completely safe. Bye bitch!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

He's not even real. He's a pussy that's confined to another dimension. Oh there's Wart? Guess I'll just wake up and be completely safe. Bye bitch!

This guy is going to get pwnd by freddy kruger.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This is the last forum that you should doubt the power of dreams in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not surprising that Bicyclops thinks the dream guy is the most badass villain in history.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

yeah, good luck. looking forward to you repeatedly trying to wake up and finding yourself in harder and harder platforming levels, desperately trying to wake up the wind fish. ever hear of sleep paralysis? its other name is wart.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mouser is scarier than Wart because he has bombs.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

100%

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/oibpOCHEPY0

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

American McGay posted:

cant stay awake forever. eventually you will have to sleep and he'll be there waiting

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

cant stay awake forever. eventually you will have to sleep and he'll be there waiting
:stare:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it has taken me this long to notice that niennub's avatar is link's uncle

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Adbot