Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ben shapino posted:

bad drivers are bad drivers dude this isn't a class thing lmfao

stop with the performative leftist bullshit for like 5 seconds for gently caress's sake

What are you on about.

You think the dude is going through red litghts for fun instead of any logical reason.

This whole page has been hugely embarrassing for goons desperate to own some rando online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

small pastries? in a soup?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Laopooh posted:

Here's the best soup I've ever made! mmm

And how exactly is this going to fit throught the tubes? The eggs will get stuck!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

ben shapino posted:

running red lights literally makes the difference between making rent or not, and you're a corporate whore if you don't see that

I think this has to be the most blatant issue I see with a lot of people's line of logic on this. The idea that these drivers are literally making enough of a difference in their pay by shaving off a few seconds at red lights.

ben shapino posted:

bad drivers are bad drivers dude this isn't a class thing lmfao

stop with the performative leftist bullshit for like 5 seconds for gently caress's sake

I hate that I'm agreeing with Ben Shapiro on this one but seriously, this is the poo poo people mock the left for. Not everything is a moral battle between the evil corporatists and the saintly underclass. "Capitalism sucks so I'm just going to routinely break laws that endanger people" is some middle school logic.

CharlestheHammer posted:

You think the dude is going through red litghts for fun instead of any logical reason.

I like how we're completely skipping over the possibility that someone can just run a red light out of sheer negligence. The choices are not limited to "he ran it for fun" and "he ran it because he literally can't afford rent if he doesn't."

Grimdude has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Feb 10, 2021

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Once again I thought—even though I had read that post before—that it was like go-gurt, but slightly bigger. A novel way to package soup.

But no, it's essentially soup "taps" that are somehow supposed to have different flavors and the mind gets stuck trying to evaluate which of the massive, catastrophic problems with this idea should be brought up first. If that's a real post, this man is a complete idiot and I hope she left him.

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

hawowanlawow posted:

is that shredded meat? what are you trying to say buddy?

It's actually those really long and thin mushrooms! Who's the racist now?? :agesilaus:

e:

Rockman Reserve posted:

small pastries? in a soup?

lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grimdude posted:

I think this has to be the most blatant issue I see with a lot of people's line of logic on this. The idea that these drivers are literally making enough of a difference in their pay by shaving off a few seconds at red lights.

I hate that I'm agreeing with Ben Shapiro on this one but seriously, this is the poo poo people mock the left for. Not everything is a moral battle between the evil corporatists and the saintly underclass. "Capitalism sucks so I'm just going to routinely break laws that endanger people" is some middle school logic.

I mean that’s what right wingers mock the left for for sure but if you prefer to stuck your head in the sand because you are that desperate to own some guy you never meet online you do you

Hopefully one day you have your am I the baddie moment tho

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cloacamazing! posted:

And how exactly is this going to fit throught the tubes? The eggs will get stuck!

You put the eggs in raw and they will find and plug the leaks in the tubes

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

captainOrbital posted:

Once again I thought—even though I had read that post before—that it was like go-gurt, but slightly bigger. A novel way to package soup.

But no, it's essentially soup "taps" that are somehow supposed to have different flavors and the mind gets stuck trying to evaluate which of the massive, catastrophic problems with this idea should be brought up first. If that's a real post, this man is a complete idiot and I hope she left him.

That's exactly how I felt when I read it. There are so many nonstarters in this proposal I don't even know where to begin to refute it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Laopooh posted:

Here's the best soup I've ever made! mmm

I would invest in souptubes for this soup.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Soylent Pudding posted:

You clearly need a soup tube:

My (25F) boyfriend (25M) keeps asking me to invest in his "soup tube" business idea, and I am not sure how to deal with it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/insaneppltweets/status/1359584435847393283

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

What are you on about.

This whole page has been hugely embarrassing for goons desperate to own some rando online

i didn't say for fun, what are YOU on about?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ben shapino posted:

i didn't say for fun, what are YOU on about?

Then why do you think they do it.

Do you seriously believe that in a company where you get payed by commission there is no reason to cut corners to squeeze in an extra fare?

Like that’s just completely unrealistic to you?

If so I just can’t understand that mindset

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do you seriously believe that in a company where you get payed by commission there is no reason to cut corners to squeeze in an extra fare?

you are insanely bad at reading, holy poo poo

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i think my favorite thing about regular iosm thread arguments is that everyone assumes the absolute worst of their fellow goons from the word go

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do you believe nobody ever runs a red light just because they’re a lovely driver/inconsiderate rear end in a top hat?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

china bot posted:

i think my favorite thing about regular iosm thread arguments is that everyone assumes the absolute worst of their fellow goons from the word go

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah because they come up with weird poo poo like this where you have to practically ignore the actual conversation and/or resort to calling people chuds because they aren't "true leftist" or whatever.

Grimdude has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Feb 10, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grimdude posted:

Literally nobody is saying this. Everyone agrees that reckless driving is a bad thing that endangers lives. What they're saying is that being a snitch for your driver's boss isn't going to change anything except get that individual driver fired.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Literally nobody is saying this. Everyone agrees that reckless driving is a bad thing that endangers lives. What they're saying is that being a snitch for your driver's boss isn't going to change anything except get that individual driver fired.

This is a very charitable interpretation of the conversation.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ben shapino posted:

you are insanely bad at reading, holy poo poo

He's right though. If poor pay incentizes risky/illegal behavior so that a driver can make a little extra money, they'll go for it. I've "run red lights" before as well, but usually when I'm hitting the yellow and am too close to the intersection to slow down. I don't imagine it's much different here.

It's likely a problem that will never be addressed because most rideshare drivers are probably on the line of poverty and rideshare companies are legendarily terrible at providing for their workforce.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grimdude posted:

Well, yeah, I try to not assume the worst in people. Which is kinda what you're doing right now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

captainOrbital posted:

I tried imaging a smaller starter program, like a new-build condo development where to pipes could be built in from the beginning with the soup vats in the same building. It still doesn't work. There's no way you don't get chunks rotting in the pipes.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Oh god what is that SMELL

oh sorry you have to run the tap for a bit to get the rotting minestrone out before you get to the clam chowder haha

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Grimdude posted:

While yours was unhinged and trying to make some "this is why leftists are dumb!1" point

many sides, many sides

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Uber/Lyft incentivize risky driving by creating a system that rewards it, and then try and dodge any responsibility for that by going after the bad drivers when customers complain. This does put customers in an uncomfortable moral position- choosing between solidarity with working people forced into a position where breaking rules might be necessary to make enough money that night, or with the society's need for people to follow the rules because they keep the public safe.

The answer is already in the tweet, allow gigworkers to unionize/get the leverage to pushback against lovely corporate demands so its not on us as customers to fret over their needs as workers.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

captainOrbital posted:

Oh god what is that SMELL

oh sorry you have to run the tap for a bit to get the rotting minestrone out before you get to the clam chowder haha

gotta suck out any clogs in the line

reminds me of the time my grandpa sucked the condensation line on his AC unit to get it flowing about 10 seconds before my dad found the dead rat in the overflow tray

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
People who drive dangerously and put themselves and others at risk should not be driving. Capitalism incentivizes bad behavior both on the part of ride-sharing companies and through economic pressure on the drivers who are tempted to cut corners in order to earn a living. Some of these people may otherwise be upstanding individuals, some of them would possibly be terrible drivers regardless. Dealing with the external factors that push people to drive dangerously for financial gain would cut out the former category and that would just leave the innately dangerous drivers to be carefully herded through a series of wonton-like barriers into a lake of chicken soup where they could be safely drowned far from the prying eyes of... uh, people who think Cyberpunk 2077 is/isn't Cyberpunk. Yeah.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I googled the soup tube thing and stumbled across this amazing illustration:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That soup better have appropriately sized chunks of chicken.

Unironically would love a curry tap in my house. Yes I am ignoring all of the problems with it.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

While yours was unhinged and trying to make some "this is why leftists are dumb!1" point

many sides, many sides

Again, poo poo like this is why I don't assume the best. Intentional misinterpretations like "this is why leftists are dumb!1" instead of "people mock leftists when they try to make everything about the class war."

But hey since you said it was unhinged it must have been.

Grimdude has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Feb 10, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Grimdude posted:

Again, poo poo like this is why I don't assume the best. Intentional misinterpretations like "this is why leftists are dumb!1" instead of "people mock leftists when they try to make everything about the class war."

Oh, so you were implying that only smart people do that? okay then

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Grimdude posted:

America is the largest carceral state in the world because certain expressions of poverty are outlawed and then particular groups are forced into those expressions. It is very much all connected.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grimdude posted:

But hey since you said it was unhinged it must have been.

Why do you care if people make fun of leftists online? They're going to do that no matter what.

And yeah, one of the core tenets of leftism (or at least marxism) is that all conflict is rooted in class conflict. So they wouldn't be very good leftists if they believed otherwise.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

*blasting through an intersection as cars honk furiously behind me* capitalism made me do this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SimonChris posted:

I googled the soup tube thing and stumbled across this amazing illustration:

Is this not basically a real thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabbawala

e: holy poo poo though yeah, that drawing

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 21:57 on Feb 10, 2021

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dahir insaat before 3d rendering.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Thanks Unkempt

Thempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If you get hit by a car and killed you don't have to live in this shithole world anymore, so it's positives all around.