Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Found this on tumblr, make your predictions now

I definitely would've put "Buttercup queerbait" on the free space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ill advised and even more inappropriate in subtext age gap relationship, is a terrible idea that springs to mind. Probably with Ace.

Punch line at the end after dumping him, her new date is Murdoc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think it would be Bubbles with the badly handled mental illness plot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I definitely would've put "Buttercup queerbait" on the free space.

Only thing that makes me hesitant to agree us I think there's even odds they just make her explicitly queer so they can have 2 unreasonably attractive female actors make out in the pilot and during sweeps.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

They already made the phone a smartphone in the 2014 reboot.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The_Doctor posted:

I think it would be Bubbles with the badly handled mental illness plot.

I always liked the underlying joke that Bubbles was the biggest badass. Right from Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins, solidified in Bubbles is Hardcore. She's very nice until you piss her off, then she's the one to be scared of. Buttercup doesn't take things as personally.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.ign.com/articles/hbo-max-new-adult-animated-shows-including-velma-dinkley-origin-story

Clone High is coming back as well as a Velma origin story.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Mr. Mayor is going to be revealed to be a total sleazebag, and one of the ongoing plots will be his attempts at re-election which must be stopped.

Also, HIM will be an attractive man that looks completely normal except maybe his suit is red. Possibly has a British accent.

One of the cast members from the original show will be murdered by the end of the first episode. Possibly their Kindergarten teacher.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I refuse to believe that anyone cares about the individual members of the Scooby gang enough that they warrant their own TV show

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't really understand the logic behind making an origin story series to explore the backstory of a teenager. Not much further back you can get.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't really understand the logic behind making an origin story series to explore the backstory of a teenager. Not much further back you can get.

It'll either be a grittier/more serious version of A Pup Named Scooby Doo or it'll be Young Sheldon but a procedural.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Macaluso posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone cares about the individual members of the Scooby gang enough that they warrant their own TV show

As a 5 year old, Velma was third on my list after Penny and Gadget Hackwrench.

Yes, my wife programmed an operating system from scratch, why do you ask?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I read this as one show, and was very confused.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Macaluso posted:

Somebody in charge of the Scooby Doo IP clearly really really likes Velma considering she got a live-action movie too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40-vFz3tc0

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Can't wait for them to make a Velma show aimed at adults and still not give her a girlfriend.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Can't wait for them to make a Velma show aimed at adults and still not give her a girlfriend.

Mystery Inc. tried okay.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Redwall has been commissioned as a Netflix movie with Patrick McHale, main creator of Over the Garden Wall, running it. They're also doing a series about the life of Martin the Warrior.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 10, 2021

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1359574818031620097

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

MikeJF posted:

Redwall has been commissioned as a Netflix movie with Patrick McHale, main creator of Over the Garden Wall, running it. They're also doing a series about the life of Martin the Warrior.

Eulalia!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

MikeJF posted:

Please include Mossflower in that series...

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I’m still curious about the ghost and Molly Mcgee.

edit: there is a song about Bat Mitzvahs.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 11, 2021

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Twibbit posted:

Please include Mossflower in that series...

They've said that the movie will cover the first book, so they may end up doing a series of movies one per book if this succeeds?

Patrick McHale seems like a great choice, I'm optimistic.

https://twitter.com/Patrick_McHale/status/1359608617935265813

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 11, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kind of surprised they kept the 'devil' part of DD's name.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Netflix made some Kid Cosmic shorts that they didn't put on their actual website for some reason. They're pretty decent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3mAFVewZgA

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BioEnchanted posted:

I always liked the underlying joke that Bubbles was the biggest badass. Right from Meat Fuzzy Lumpkins, solidified in Bubbles is Hardcore. She's very nice until you piss her off, then she's the one to be scared of. Buttercup doesn't take things as personally.

There was actually a whole episode about Buttercup getting reamed out for excessive force and finding a stereotypical martial arts sensei to teach her self-control. Difference is Buttercup is the one who likes fighting, while Bubbles is the stereotypical 'nice person who goes absolutely apeshit when you really piss them off'.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The art looks cute and different unlike all the bland Marvel poo poo they've put out for the past decade so I'm interested.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Kid Cosmic is pretty fun, but kinda shallow. I guess when I first saw it was only 10 episodes I was surprised, but then when it got going, I understood how it wasn't really working to elaborate all that much on these characters' daily lives. The running theme of Kid getting all his worldly knowledge from comic books was neat, but it does feel weird that they put so much weight on Kid having a stockpile of comics from a genre and era before I was born. I think it might've been from before my parents were born even.

I do really love all the aesthetics though. The colors are neat, the way so many of the scenes are framed is intriguing, and the music is wonderfully weird. It actually even reminded me of Genndy Tartakovsky's work from just how much went into the raw aesthetics of a scene.

Also the series showed how Netflix doesn't really have normal television S&P, because when the army shows up, they just plain have normal M-16s and they shoot things with them. Also some of the aliens get pretty badly maimed, even if it was never gory or anything.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Kid Cosmic is pretty fun, but kinda shallow. I guess when I first saw it was only 10 episodes I was surprised, but then when it got going, I understood how it wasn't really working to elaborate all that much on these characters' daily lives. The running theme of Kid getting all his worldly knowledge from comic books was neat, but it does feel weird that they put so much weight on Kid having a stockpile of comics from a genre and era before I was born. I think it might've been from before my parents were born even.

I do really love all the aesthetics though. The colors are neat, the way so many of the scenes are framed is intriguing, and the music is wonderfully weird. It actually even reminded me of Genndy Tartakovsky's work from just how much went into the raw aesthetics of a scene.

Also the series showed how Netflix doesn't really have normal television S&P, because when the army shows up, they just plain have normal M-16s and they shoot things with them. Also some of the aliens get pretty badly maimed, even if it was never gory or anything.

Craig has a natural talent for avoiding those, see how violent Powerpuff Girls got, and even Foster's and Wander had their moments

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hell, PPG has one of the villains getting a tooth knocked out with blood in the opening sequence.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Hell, PPG has one of the villains getting a tooth knocked out with blood in the opening sequence.

McCraken also wanted to name the show The Whoop-rear end Girls and fought to like the last possible second to keep the name before he relented and secured a greenlight for the series from Cartoon Network.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
featuring Blossom, Bubbles, and Shitstabber

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

Keep it straight with the Bs. Bonebreaker? Ballbuster? Bane?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

:allears:

E: Spoilering for content. Yes that's right, I'm spoilering Kid Cosmic (rated TV-Y7) because the imagery might be a bit too graphic for some.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 12, 2021

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
They got to say "drat" a couple times too which I was pretty surprised to hear from a kid's show.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tactless Ogre posted:

Second one works, see the name not only has to start with a B, it also needs a double consonant in it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

readingatwork posted:

:allears:

E: Spoilering for content. Yes that's right, I'm spoilering Kid Cosmic (rated TV-Y7) because the imagery might be a bit too graphic for some.

nothing too awful about that stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tactless Ogre posted:

"You merely adopted the sugar, I was born in it!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Belladonna, to be classy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MikeJF posted:

I will watch it, Redwall was series I read a lot in my childhood. Also Cluny the Scourge was a fun villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Just caught up with Amphibia. Main thought: I'm really impressed by how much of a step up season 2 has been so far. I started watching the show hot off the back of finishing Infinity Train and Owl House and was initially a little underwhelmed by Amphibia in comparison, but now I'm absolutely buzzing for it to come back in March.

Edit: any recommendations? Suddenly got a lot of time on my hands and looking for cool shows I might have missed. Serial plots, social progressiveness and good art styles are all a big plus.

Peanut Butter fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 13, 2021