Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quotey posted:

don't read Marauders.

What The gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I have to point out that unless I'm misremembering, the Eternity Watch also included Black Panther, using the tamed power of the White Tiger's patron deity.

Nope, you're right and it ruled.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Quotey posted:

In Giant Size X-Men: Magneto Emma Frost buys a Faroe Island from Namor and Magneto builds a fancy building. It ends with Emma saying she's going to send out invites, but IDK if it's been followed up on, don't read Marauders.

She’s going to host the Hellfire Gala there. They’re going to invite a bunch of humans, friend and enemy alike, for a big party. They’re also going to reveal the first elected X-Men team of the Krakoa era. This is all going down in June.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

BrianWilly posted:

I was actually rereading House of X the other day, and there was a lot of focus on how "Krakoa" encompassed a whole lot of places around the world all at once, and Storm also brought up how they'd want to eventually own property out there in the world instead of just being on this one island all the time. And the notion has...kind of been forgotten, at this point? And they're all kinda just staying on this one island all the time?

One of the members is Sebastian Shaw. You better believe a landlord like him is buying up properties.

I wonder if we can developed a cosmic guillotine?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Quotey posted:

don't read Marauders.

If you like X-Men read Marauders. If you like comic books read Marauders.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Dawgstar posted:

I like his history could very well boil to 'Ego doesn't actually know but he's billions of years old and powerful beyond belief so he's not going to actually admit it.'
The entire Marvel Cosmology is chock full of characters who have lived for millions/billions of years and also really enjoy deceitful master plans, mysteries, and just plain bullshitting. Pretty much anyone who isn't a Watcher or Galactus seems to have multiple "oh that other story I told before? I was just messin' with you!" retcons, whether it's Loki or Mephisto or the Stranger or any of the Elders of the Universe or etc.

I guess that's just something comics writers like to lean on in general -- how many TWISTS have involved just normal long-lived characters on Earth triple-crossing people with fake backstories? (Sinister, Romulus, the Kang Gang, Shadow King) But it's funnier when it's a Living Planet who has a lot of mood swings and might just be embarrassed about forgetting, not playing out a long con.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Galactus’ old universe origin wasn’t the one that Kirby and Lee wrote in Thor. Though I guess maybe the later origin was tacked onto the “dying of a space disease, and flying into a giant star” one. I’m not sure.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Skwirl posted:

What The gently caress?

rantmo posted:

If you like X-Men read Marauders. If you like comic books read Marauders.

Haha, I just find the whole Hellfire Company stuff really tedious and never got hooked on the antics of Kate/Bobby/whoever. I didn't actually read any (non Ult) X-Men stuff until HoX/PoX at all really, never caught my fancy. Especially with wolverine appearance sickness.

I read the first 2 or 3 Dawn trades and only kept up with X-Men and X-Force really. Maybe I'll give it another go.

And I do see Reis is back doing art on New Mutants!!

Aside from X-Men, I was reading the current Doctor Doom series and Kang is great. What are the good Kang stories? I'm cool with stupid timeline stuff, straight or non serious.

Actually, the Kang timeline must be so stupid I'm kinda tempted to do one of those chronological reading order things...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Between Power Pack, Thunderbolts and his own comic, this is now the week of Task Master.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Quotey posted:

Aside from X-Men, I was reading the current Doctor Doom series and Kang is great. What are the best Kang stories? I'm cool with stupid timeline stuff, straight or non serious.

Avengers Forever is a twelve issue Kang story with some Avengers in it, if you like dumb timeline nonsense and like Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe entries it absolutely rules

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karma Tornado posted:

Avengers Forever is a twelve issue Kang story with some Avengers in it, if you like dumb timeline nonsense and like Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe entries it absolutely rules

You know it took a friggin decade but it's pretty satisfying that BSS has come around on AF. I swear I was the only fan of it back in the early days.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

You know it took a friggin decade but it's pretty satisfying that BSS has come around on AF. I swear I was the only fan of it back in the early days.

Aw, if only I'd come to the forums sooner. I thought AF was great from the jump.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

excuse me

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

cant cook creole bream posted:

Between Power Pack, Thunderbolts and his own comic, this is now the week of Task Master.

As every week should be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't recall ever hearing a negative thing about Avengers Forever on here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A lot of the guys who have moved on talked alliance of poo poo about it. I think the only time I really ever disagreed with d00gz was over AF.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

A lot of the guys who have moved on talked alliance of poo poo about it. I think the only time I really ever disagreed with d00gz was over AF.

A lot of the people who stopped posting here were toxic as poo poo though, so gently caress 'em

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I for one am a big fan of any Busiek Avengers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

I for one am a big fan of any Busiek Avengers.

Also making GBS threads all over the crossing. It also gave us more songbird and the genesis of the Peter David Captain marvel series

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Taskmaster is good

site fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 10, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

I'll take your word for it but it's hard to imagine anyone being negative about Avengers Forever. It's so dang good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

As every week should be.

I heard he has a film coming up in May.
I really like his character. "Boastful but skilled rear end in a top hat who continuously fights above their weight class" describes some of my favorite heroes.

Also, good job on the little fighting montage. Those are great names for those combat moves. I just had to imagine how he inwardly screamed those with pure passion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was secretly trolling Rhyno about Avengers Forever for the past decade. Mea Culpa

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I only recently read AF and it was fine I guess.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

A lot of the people who stopped posting here were toxic as poo poo though, so gently caress 'em

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Avengers Forever if I'm remembering correctly brought about Genis Vel didn't it?

Also I barely post here as much as I used to, mainly due to the pandemic and life just being a massive adulting bitch. I really need to catch up on Hickman's stuff on X-Men, and everything Aaron has been doing, same with Ewing.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

So I guess I should read Avengers Forever huh?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jiro posted:

Avengers Forever if I'm remembering correctly brought about Genis Vel didn't it?

Also I barely post here as much as I used to, mainly due to the pandemic and life just being a massive adulting bitch. I really need to catch up on Hickman's stuff on X-Men, and everything Aaron has been doing, same with Ewing.

It gets derailed a couple times by crossovers, but Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men is really good.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Adnor posted:

So I guess I should read Avengers Forever huh?

I highly recommend it!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JordanKai posted:

I highly recommend it!

Really? I've been hearing from everyone on this forum that it's terrible.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Skwirl posted:

It gets derailed a couple times by crossovers, but Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men is really good.

Absolutely my favorite X-men run. I am a huge X-men fan and this book has all my favorite elements. Big interesting cast of characters. Fun cameos of obscure mutants that don't headline titles normally. Conflict with groups with very similar goals. Husk gets to appear (and actually has a very good romance subplot). Wolverine acknowledging he is a bad choice for principal.

Mostly the book is just a really fun time. Aaron is just throwing all these wild ideas at the wall and seeing how it all shakes out. He gave an interview where he was asked why the book was so weird and he just replied he is writing the X-men book he would want to read.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Oh I already read all of that I petered off from comics when most of the pandemic started. I had already been keeping up with HoX/PoX before they splintered off into their own books.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Really? I've been hearing from everyone on this forum that it's terrible.

Who listens to goons? Sounds silly if you ask me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Aaron's X-Men and Wolverine were just the right kind of material for him. Thor tends towards being too grandiose so you end up with All Black The Necrosword and Gorr The God Butcher and they're not (entirely) meant as jokes. But he made poo poo like Puck becoming king of hell work. (Puck's speech about that in Immortal Hulk is one of my favourite pieces of dialogue Ewing's done). And while there were missteps, that period of the X-Men was interesting in that it took what felt like a fresh take on Cyclops and Logan at the time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My favorite X-Men run is Spider-Man and the X-Men. Unfortunately it's a short run.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

X-O posted:

My favorite X-Men run is Spider-Man and the X-Men. Unfortunately it's a short run.

Stegron and Sauron teaming up was really loving funny.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

cant cook creole bream posted:

And I thought all three books were really, really good.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

site posted:

Taskmaster is good

No doubt Taskmaster now has a poster up in his office with a picture of Baron Zemo in his purple Magenta mask with the words "Do not accept cheques/gold bullion from this man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

No doubt Taskmaster now has a poster up in his office with a picture of Baron Zemo in his purple Magenta mask with the words "Do not accept cheques/gold bullion from this man."

Taskmaster fully embraced the gig economy, he doesn't have an office.