Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Athanatos posted:

I got all these trubisky avatars stockpiled, gotta do something!

(TFF Lurkers can pick something they want, doesn't HAVE to be Trubes.)

I got these admin buttons, might as well use them for something.

No!

The forums need MORE MITCH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Spoeank posted:

I hit my dog in the face with a deadlift yesterday but it was entirely her fault

I constructed a temporary wall in our unfinished basement to keep the cats out of the weight room because my nightmare is one of them suddenly needing to walk around my legs while deadlifting.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Athanatos posted:

I got all these trubisky avatars stockpiled, gotta do something!

(TFF Lurkers can pick something they want, doesn't HAVE to be Trubes.)

I got these admin buttons, might as well use them for something.

I need a new avatar my Shew one is getting stale hit me up Athanatos just can I keep my RunNFCWest tag?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 10, 2021

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I constructed a temporary wall in our unfinished basement to keep the cats out of the weight room because my nightmare is one of them suddenly needing to walk around my legs while deadlifting.

Way less serious but I definitely crunched a cats tail under the gas pedal on my sim rig. Also had a dog ruin a race by smashing the brake.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Girlfriend is going with her best friend to Illinois Saturday and is going to pick me up some edibles. So I'll be trying that for the first time that night. I am pretty excited about it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SundayMoney posted:

Girlfriend is going with her best friend to Illinois Saturday and is going to pick me up some edibles. So I'll be trying that for the first time that night. I am pretty excited about it

I have never had an edible, but I know one thing:

Don't eat a portion of it, wait 15 mins and say, "Hmm, I don't even feel this!" and eat more.

It takes a little while to kick in. Be safe!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SundayMoney posted:

Wait 1.5 hours after eating to gauge potency. As ehud said above, it is easy to eat too much. Sometimes edibles can hit after 30 minutes or so, but your safest bet if you're unfamiliar is to wait.

If you smoke too much and get too high, it takes around 10 minutes or so to come down to a tolerable level.

If you eat too much, you start ramping up and just keep going until you hit a high point. You don't come down after 10 minutes, though. You very slowly come down over the next 6-8 hours.

Be careful eating weed. If you never have before, take up to 5mg at most and set a 1.5 hour timer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My lamest experience with an edible was eating a brownie about an hour before we were gonna go see Inside Out, then realizing she had not mixed it very well and passing out for 12 hours instead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ehud posted:

Don't eat a portion of it, wait 15 mins and say, "Hmm, I don't even feel this!" and eat more.

15 minutes is way too short to wait. At least half an hour, maybe even an hour.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SundayMoney posted:

Congrats, it is a magical time. This reminds me I have a bunch of gummies to pick up from a coworker who just got back from CA!

Ehud posted:

:hmmyes:

Also the mg of THC indicated on the package isn't nearly as exact a science as %alcohol, so if you're switching between brands maybe take it slow the first time. Alternatively eat four and very quickly realize one would have been sufficient, but I don't recommend the second option.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

You would bury your face in your hands if you knew how many 911 calls we run for people trying edibles for the first time.

It's very hard to stay professional when every atom in your body is rolling its eyes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

15 minutes is way too short to wait. At least half an hour, maybe even an hour.

yeah my understanding is it's like an 60-90 mins

I learned about this from Joe Buck of all people :psyberger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqp--1T44SE

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I just found out Katy Perry recorded a "cover" of last friday night for the sims, with the lyrics replaced with sims gibberish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkdrJWE-rqI

it's wild that just listening and not reading the lyrics your brain just drops in the real words

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 10, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ehud posted:

If you're having edibles, the dosage amounts aren't always that important. Like they're guidelines but 20mg can either knock someone flat or barely impact them, regardless of actual tolerance.

Take an edible and then immediately get into something that you'd do sober. It'll pass the time faster and you'll know when it hits. Waiting/relying solely on time is too exact!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

yeah my understanding is it's like an 60-90 mins

I learned about this from Joe Buck of all people :psyberger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqp--1T44SE

One of my favorite stories

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

hey that reminds me

intruder how are those ironmasters treating you

They kick rear end, highly recommended

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

What toxx was this? I was partial to the (I think) Tebow toxx that required Gonad to post in the King James Version.

Behold......the Seattle Seatoxx.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Athanatos, can you please add this to the memorable threads?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Qwijib0 posted:

I just found out Katy Perry recorded a "cover" of last friday night for the sims, with the lyrics replaced with sims gibberish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkdrJWE-rqI

it's wild that just listening and not reading the lyrics your brain just drops in the real words

This is just Tom Brady singing Last Friday Night after gronk hauled him off today.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

She came over and sniffed the bar when I went down between rep 3 and 4.

I don't know what she was expecting!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Every dig on Frank Gore ‘:hmmyes:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

Every dig on Frank Gore ‘:hmmyes:

I love the "Frank Gore wishes he could be the runner Marshawn Lynch is" lol

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wait 1.5 hours after eating to gauge potency. As ehud said above, it is easy to eat too much. Sometimes edibles can hit after 30 minutes or so, but your safest bet if you're unfamiliar is to wait.

If you smoke too much and get too high, it takes around 10 minutes or so to come down to a tolerable level.

If you eat too much, you start ramping up and just keep going until you hit a high point. You don't come down after 10 minutes, though. You very slowly come down over the next 6-8 hours.

Be careful eating weed. If you never have before, take up to 5mg at most and set a 1.5 hour timer.

Yeah, I popped a whole weed cookie once without knowing it had weed in it and then the next 10 hours were a haze of me sitting on the couch doing nothing but watching college football. At that point I had maybe smoked once or twice in my life. It’s no joke.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

:aaaaa:

This is beyond amazing lol.

Also, old TFF threads are always crazy to me because I recognize so many usernames that don't post here anymore :smith:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1359631490687008770

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He was somehow less creepy than Hugh Heffner.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RIP to a real one

Skwirl posted:

He was somehow less creepy than Hugh Heffner.

He did lovely things, but if you weigh the measure of a man by his enemies, then he was pretty drat great.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I'm here. I have nothing to add. Just know that I do read all (some) the posts.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

I assumed he had been dead for like a decade already

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The Juggernaut posted:

I'm here. I have nothing to add. Just know that I do read all (some) the posts.

:justpost:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

RIP to a real one

He did lovely things, but if you weigh the measure of a man by his enemies, then he was pretty drat great.

He was at least honest about who he was. Unlike Joss Whedon who it turns out it worse than we already thought.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There had been whispers about Whedon for many years. Finally the flood gates opened.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is this the foot fetish thing or is there something else

e: Well a simple google search would have found something

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blowjob Overtime posted:

There was a lot of mod resistance to a chat thread for a long time. I don't know when they came en vogue, but I remember N/V discussions turning to food chat, being chided for food chat, requesting a chat thread for food chat, and having the chat thread requests denied.
There was really only one mod who was not only against having a chat thread but also very against division threads. As soon as he stepped down, division threads came back, the first chat thread was born and TFF overall became a better place.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
78 seems pretty young for him I thought he'd be way older

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There had been whispers about Whedon for many years. Finally the flood gates opened.

Trachtenberg was vague, but talks of him being abusive, she was 15 when she started working on that show.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I finished season 2 of the mandalorian yesterday and holy poo poo that was awful. I'm meeting with some buddies this weekend to give it the MST3K treatment. Today, I cleansed my palate with some Frontline. Watching assassinations and starving children is always a reality check no matter how many times you see it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So has anyone figured out why ratings for all the major sports this past season have been significantly down now that we see that the Super Bowl was too?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Rare peek inside the Spoenk household

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Samadhi posted:

That’s the dream right there.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope that my continued presence here can be a sign to lurkers that you can be a useless idiot with nothing meaningful to say and it's fine.

On that note, in Captain America they say that the super soldier serum quadrupled his metabolism so he can't get drunk but shouldn't he also be just constantly making GBS threads all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Samadhi posted:

They hate us cuz they ain't us

In a meta twist I just sent this to my wife