Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Manager goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says game seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening game where what players ability is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great manager klopp is in town tonight with his team, Liverpool. Go and see him, learn his tactics. That should help you.' Manager bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor…I am klopp.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Manager goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says game seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening game where what players ability is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great manager klopp is in town tonight with his team, Liverpool. Go and see him, learn his tactics. That should help you.' Manager bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor…I am klopp.'

Die Leiden des Jungen Jurgens

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Joe Rodon's better than both these clowns at centre half.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I would expect Joe Hart to save a shot to his right

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I know when spurs are playing in a non-league game because I will get at text from my Liverpool supporter friend featuring the words:

"LOL"

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
M'dude Winksy, missing the field goal, slicing under the bar.

Intentional? You be the judge.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I know when spurs are playing in a non-league game because I will get at text from my Liverpool supporter friend featuring the words:

"LOL"

Did you send them a few hearty "LOL"s in return?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Blinkz0rz posted:

Did you send them a few hearty "LOL"s in return?

Nah, Spurs making GBS threads the bed is old-hat for me. I don't wanna rub his nose in cheap point drops. Esp when Liverpool eats Spur's rear end for lunch mid-week.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
e: misunderstood

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I know it's wycombe but ndombele was doing some sweet stuff again. Check out his pass right at the start of this move.

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1353839825129000961

Then this no look goal which the keeper doesn't even react to.

https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS/status/1353827456105533440

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Look forward to Mou throwing him under a literal moving bus when he makes a mistake leading to a goal

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
When did Ndombele go from being unable to run and being utter dogshit to being someone's favorite player ever??

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

sourdough posted:

When did Ndombele go from being unable to run and being utter dogshit to being someone's favorite player ever??

When he began running.

Even when he was in awful form, he did some wild stuff and made people look silly. He just didn't enough of a tank to play the full game and wasn't tracking back well.

His fitness has gotten so much better.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jippa posted:

Then this no look goal which the keeper doesn't even react to.

https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS/status/1353827456105533440

What about this makes it a "no look" goal? He's looking at the ball when he hits it, like most footballers do.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

tbf to Spurs fans I am struggling to recall a player since Modric to get excited about in their midfield

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sourdough posted:

About 3 months ago.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

sourdough posted:

He is fun to watch on the ball and rarely dispossessed. Like in the Chelsea game when he took on Kante and Thiago simultaneously and ended up with loads of free space.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Bundy posted:

tbf to Spurs fans I am struggling to recall a player since Modric to get excited about in their midfield

Dembele was tons of fun. Injuries really boned him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
@Sassassin, how has Latibeaudiere been for you guys? I remember he used to be in City's academy but never really had a shot at the first team

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

@Sassassin, how has Latibeaudiere been for you guys? I remember he used to be in City's academy but never really had a shot at the first team

Barely played, couple of injuries when he might have had a chance but he's down the pecking order currently. Looks small for a centre half and not quick either, think like Brewster he stopped growing after u17s.

Not quite the FA cup tie we had with City two years ago, this.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Bloody hell spurs. You should be 3-0 up and coasting, but somehow we're beating you 3-1 despite playing absolute dreck for 40 mins with every other pass going awry. It's not even like José was getting you to sit back on your lead. This is just harsh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Niric posted:

Bloody hell spurs. You should be 3-0 up and coasting, but somehow we're beating you 3-1 despite playing absolute dreck for 40 mins with every other pass going awry. It's not even like José was getting you to sit back on your lead. This is just harsh

Whoops

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Yeah I take all that back spurs deserve nothing from this game the bastards :mad:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I did warn people about Brewster.

Not Wilder though because I think he's a knob.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's ok, Spurs are bringing on their player.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And there it is.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Well poo poo. 3-3, Calvert-Lewin off, kane on, some weird as gently caress formation with 5 defenders and no strikers. Now I wish I hadn't opened my big stupid mouth

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That was a beautiful goal from Richarlison

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

That was a beautiful goal from Richarlison

Yeah, really well taken. This is the most dangerous he's looked all season.

This game is bonkers though. The commentator's right it could end 6-4 to either team

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Yer Everton have been really good value. I’d suggest that the right back might want to stop Son putting balls into the box though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
the magic of the cup, but only if spurs lose

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

Yer Everton have been really good value. I’d suggest that the right back might want to stop Son putting balls into the box though.

We've got both Coleman and Godfrey on the pitch and yet somehow it's Tom Davies who's filling in at right back (badly)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

gently caress off VAR

E: OK not this time.

What a goal

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I was literally just about to say that Bernard is poo poo and always loses the ball and I wish he'd left in January. My match posting has been very bad.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
jose is washed

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

There’s a red card coming from this tiring Spurs defence.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Niric posted:

This game is was bonkers

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Dumb. Goddamnit, supporting you is torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Leicester - man u is entertaining so far