Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Matt Berry would have made a pretty good Reyn thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you a single thing Rufus Jones has been in, pretty famous is very generous.

Seems like he hates Boris Johnson so by my reckoning he's pretty dam cool

Always a good sign, yeah

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alxprit posted:

That's Dunban Over There has been somewhat regular on NoA twitter since the release of the game. I don't know why they latched onto it but I find it funny regardless, just because

Oh ok he’s wearing a different outfit each time, that is kinda funny

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1344689831851552770?s=21

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s an NPC* you can trade for Night Vision V gems after the Mechonis Core and subsequent events and they are very good. I was killing big enemies 6-8 levels higher than me. My characters are all lv 90-91 and I knocked off a lv 98 Deinos Sauros. It also helps to have Monado Shield at lv 10 to block their talent art.

I don’t think I’m ready for the lv 99 dragon attacking the farm at Colony 6 but probably soon. And if I get his rare drop I can make the final Replica Monado :getin:

*if you’re wondering, it’s Scarlen, who moves to the Sororal Statues and shows up during the day.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

There’s an NPC* you can trade for Night Vision V gems after the Mechonis Core and subsequent events and they are very good. I was killing big enemies 6-8 levels higher than me. My characters are all lv 90-91 and I knocked off a lv 98 Deinos Sauros. It also helps to have Monado Shield at lv 10 to block their talent art.

I don’t think I’m ready for the lv 99 dragon attacking the farm at Colony 6 but probably soon. And if I get his rare drop I can make the final Replica Monado :getin:

*if you’re wondering, it’s Scarlen, who moves to the Sororal Statues and shows up during the day.

Just steal the drop with Riki's Yoink!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alxprit posted:

Just steal the drop with Riki's Yoink!

Oh yeah I forgot you can steal and then run away and still get the item... but can you steal Veritas Glyphs? That would be way too good if true.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So I tried using Sharla as party leader and while I can see being able to heal everyone kinda makes it better but I can't believe how lame her main ability is. You get to sit still and do nothing with no upside, I mean I guess thats because if not you'd be able to just pop off healing arts constantly but there could've been at least some sort of buff or something for doing it.

Melia is definitely more interesting to play with either holding the summons as a buff or then releasing them to hit the enemy with. But I'm a bit confused about what the difference is when you release the summons and her main ability isn't fully charged.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When she goes into element burst, the damage from elemental discharge is doubled but there’s a chance it will end every time you discharge an elemental. It also lets you use Burst End (which isn’t very good) and Mind Blast (one of the best arts in the game).

Apparently it counts as an Aura which makes a lot of sense, she has a bunch of skills that trigger with auras but her only aura art is the lovely one that extends the range of her buffs from elementals. So does Aura Heal trigger with element burst?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Oh yeah I forgot you can steal and then run away and still get the item... but can you steal Veritas Glyphs? That would be way too good if true.

Stealing can get ANYTHING the monster can drop. Though it's pretty drat rare you'll get anything except the trash loot, odds are not in your favor.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Beat the lv 99 dragon at lv 92 with Melia, Shulk & Riki :getin: Night Vision is cool and good

I think I’ll beat the game then work on the super bosses... I still have a couple of quests left but they mostly involve fighting high-level unique monsters (the one against two UE’s in the Arachno nest is... something) and I’d rather beat the game now before prepping for those fights.

Ironically, the only person in my party Fiora doesn’t have max affinity with is Shulk. I need to grind out max party affinity and then... get a bunch of the remaining achievement thingies? Because why not.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Trip report: trying to steal Veritas Glyphs from superbosses is really dumb, don’t try it. The odds are very low that you’ll even be able to use Yoink! before dying, and even then it won’t trigger taking an item. I tried like 30 times on the giant mechon on the beach and I didn’t get an item even once.

I did steal an arts book from a high-level unique enemy though and that ruled.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
There's two quests in Colony 9 called 'a big/little brothers fight' where you have a choice of giving something to either of the brothers for different outcomes. Is there a must choose option?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You’ll come across lots of quests like that. Pick whichever one you want tbh the difference is whether the younger brother stays or goes and only changes one quest later on.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So, I played XBC2 before XBC1 and when I got to the Nopon Rainforest I noticed something particular about Alvis.

Is he Malos and Mythra's missing sibling, judging from the necklace?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Yup and the sword that he also is

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They added that necklace for the Definitive Edition.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Holy crap is Sharla awful. I think I'll just shove billions of gifts at her to level affinity. Playing her is just sad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Still can't believe Sharla heard him say "Reynbow" and was like "yeah, I want sommadat"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Reyn has a good heart and maybe she likes them dumb

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Reyn is brave, at least, she isn’t brave guys I guess.

I dropped my characters’ levels to 90 and have been killing lv 96-97 enemies with them to reap massive amounts of AP. I’m determined to max out all of Shulk’s Arts... I was trying to do the Skill Trees, too, but Seven’s fifth tree unlocks after literally the hardest side quest so you’re already like lv 99 with no places left to find so SP is very rare. I’m getting 15-20 per enemy killed which is very low.

If I roll with a couple of lv 99 characters and drop my third down to something absurdly low, will I get a totally insane amount of AP/SP? Because I might do that if so.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MechaX posted:

Reyn has a good heart and maybe she likes them dumb

Reyn has big himbo energy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

Still can't believe Sharla heard him say "Reynbow" and was like "yeah, I want sommadat"

At the very least it's a nice change from the usual RPG tradition of literally everyone wanting into the protagonist's pants.

Xenoblade actually does relationships pretty well all things considered rather than just making them checkboxes on side-content, with Melia getting closer to Shulk as he mourns and then, well, stuff happens :ohdear:.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

XC2 IMO takes a big step back in that regard, where not one, not two, or even three, but TECHNICALLY FOUR main party girls all want a piece of the walking talking trope of a spunky 15 year old boy main character action.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

XC2 IMO takes a big step back in that regard, where not one, not two, or even three, but TECHNICALLY FOUR main party girls all want a piece of the walking talking trope of a spunky 15 year old boy main character action.

Who is the fourth here

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Yeah but 3? of those are all the same person if the fourth one is who I think it is.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

chumbler posted:

Yeah but 3? of those are all the same person if the fourth one is who I think it is.

Two are, the third is Welsh. IDK who the fourth is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainPsyko posted:

Two are, the third is Welsh. IDK who the fourth is.

Probably Pneuma.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Yup. Three of them are technically the same person in 3 different versions but they're treated as different characters, and the game ends with two of them in independent bodies, so uh, props to XC2 for being the first game with a poly MC?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Is she really hot for ol' Rex though?

She struck me as kind of just devoid of personality, unlike his actual twin spirit girlfriends/welsh thirdfourth wheel.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It didn't seem like Pnumera was a different personality, it was more like Super Saiyan Mythra/Pyra.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

doesn't matter if it's 2, 3, or 4 girls that are hot for Rex, it's still 2, 3, or 4 too many

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just looked up the final Noponsage Time Attack challenge and uh, has anyone actually beaten that? I mean, I assume they have but who the hell thought multiple lv 100+ bosses would be a cool and good challenge?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

CaptainPsyko posted:

Is she really hot for ol' Rex though?

She struck me as kind of just devoid of personality, unlike his actual twin spirit girlfriends/welsh thirdfourth wheel.

Nia deserved better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Nia deserved better.

Who's to say she wasn't also included in the end?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Silver Falcon posted:

Nia deserved better.

I came away from that whole thing thinking the writers just hated the Welsh :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

chumbler posted:

Who's to say she wasn't also included in the end?

Oh no she deserved better than that too. She deserved better than Rex. :colbert:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just looked up the final Noponsage Time Attack challenge and uh, has anyone actually beaten that? I mean, I assume they have but who the hell thought multiple lv 100+ bosses would be a cool and good challenge?

Once you’ve broken the game hard enough over your knee, it’s actually shockingly simple.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh no she deserved better than that too. She deserved better than Rex. :colbert:

I've only played it with the English VA's but It felt like the original intent of the whole parallel-universe bit where Nia's breaking down and confessing while attacking Rex was meant to be a little off-kilter or crazed. Instead that Welsh VA just turns it into something just utterly heart-breaking and earnest.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
They could have made everything so much less uncomfortable by just making Rex like 3 years older. Wouldn't even have needed to change anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Teratrain posted:

They could have made everything so much less uncomfortable by just making Rex like 3 years older. Wouldn't even have needed to change anything else.

I'd have liked him to be less willing to forgive literal attempted genocide.