Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I'm kinda hungover and tired today. I'd loving destroy deep fried pizza right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dog nougat posted:

I'm kinda hungover and tired today. I'd loving destroy deep fried pizza right now.

I realized I had the ingredients on hand to make this just now https://www.caciqueinc.com/recipes/cotija-crusted-quesadilla/

I would post a photo but it was decidedly not this-thread material

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

I realized I had the ingredients on hand to make this just now https://www.caciqueinc.com/recipes/cotija-crusted-quesadilla/

Who cares.

But now I have an excuse to post the pansit my roommate convinced me to make over lunch, now she's mad because I did a good job

(I have never made this before)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/JordanHerald5/status/1359310066546049024?s=20

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Data Graham posted:

drat. That looks delicious.

Being trashy af and eating dominos.

Double pepperoni dipped in ranch. Need all the loving grease in my life

dog nougat has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Feb 10, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The giant brownie is where it's at. The pizza is just so you can pretend you're not ordering domino's only for the giant brownie.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same with that fuckin giant pizza-sliced chocolate chip cookie from Papa John's

God drat you for being you Papa John

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dog nougat posted:

Being trashy af and eating dominos.

Double pepperoni dipped in ranch. Need all the loving grease in my life

A couple of weeks ago I got Dominos. I ate a couple slices and hated it, something was just off. (More off than usual for Dominos.) Maybe it's cause the sauce tasted ketchuppy. But I put the rest in the fridge, still in the cardboard box, I let it sit for a couple days, and then reheated it in the oven on a baking sheet at 300 and it was actually pretty decent. The soggy crust had dried out and the baking sheet crisped it up, and I think the flavours had time to mingle and develop or something cause it wasn't ketchuppy at all.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Who cares.

But now I have an excuse to post the pansit my roommate convinced me to make over lunch, now she's mad because I did a good job

(I have never made this before)

Lumpia?

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
True connoisseurs know that Dominos is best dry aged three days.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's what I meant, gently caress if I know if I actually made it correctly.

She also talks about pansit a lot, so I got them mixed up

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fools Infinite posted:

True connoisseurs know that Dominos is best dry aged three days.

That's why my dinner tonight is Sunday's Domino's

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

For people who prefer their pizza mooing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Phy posted:

A couple of weeks ago I got Dominos. I ate a couple slices and hated it, something was just off. (More off than usual for Dominos.) Maybe it's cause the sauce tasted ketchuppy. But I put the rest in the fridge, still in the cardboard box, I let it sit for a couple days, and then reheated it in the oven on a baking sheet at 300 and it was actually pretty decent. The soggy crust had dried out and the baking sheet crisped it up, and I think the flavours had time to mingle and develop or something cause it wasn't ketchuppy at all.

i always crisp the bottom up in a pan before i eat that garbage. greatly improves the quality. pan fry with a little oil for a couple minutes, then dribble some water into the pan and cover it, steam it to melt the cheese a little. upgrade complete.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

uber_stoat posted:

i always crisp the bottom up in a pan before i eat that garbage. greatly improves the quality. pan fry with a little oil for a couple minutes, then dribble some water into the pan and cover it, steam it to melt the cheese a little. upgrade complete.
There are millions of ways to do this but I always liked throwing the slice down cheese first for the first few minutes. The cheese doesn't really melt it just gets a little toasty and then when you flip it you won't need oil!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you people are insane, the point of ordering pizza is so you dont have to cook

Dominos around here is p good though I guess it's just a lot of local variation in priorities, training, and equipment upkeep

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

you people are insane, the point of ordering pizza is so you dont have to cook

Dominos around here is p good though I guess it's just a lot of local variation in priorities, training, and equipment upkeep

I like to buy Take and Bake Pizzas from Aldi, that way it's still hot and fresh out of the oven (although not as good as delivery, nothing beats delivery for some reason)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Buttchocks posted:

For people who prefer their pizza mooing.

Apparently it's normally cooked pizza with cold cheese added afterwards, and is beloved in Ohio.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

gschmidl posted:

Apparently it's normally cooked pizza with cold cheese added afterwards, and is beloved in Ohio.

this is how they roll in Pittsburgh. well, in one specific spot in Pittsburgh. i've posted this bizarre poo poo in here before. i still can't comprehend it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

this is how they roll in Pittsburgh. well, in one specific spot in Pittsburgh. i've posted this bizarre poo poo in here before. i still can't comprehend it.

This. This is against pizza laws and regulations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I knew I'd seen that before, and I googled "Pittsburgh style pizza" but got nothing but the usual vague puffery about what sounds like a normal pizza. That's what I was thinking about though

NGL, it sounds tasty as heck, sometimes handfuls of cold shredded cheese is just what I want

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I'd try it. It's weird, but it's not like it's gonna be bad.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

uber_stoat posted:

It took me way too long to realize this is not a single picture.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Feb 10, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gschmidl posted:

I'm usually making GBS threads on Ohio food, but I have never seen this abomination in Ohio

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

I knew I'd seen that before, and I googled "Pittsburgh style pizza" but got nothing but the usual vague puffery about what sounds like a normal pizza. That's what I was thinking about though

NGL, it sounds tasty as heck, sometimes handfuls of cold shredded cheese is just what I want

place is called Beto's Pizza. and they seem to be well liked. maybe i just have a pizza blind spot.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

gschmidl posted:

From Ohio, have never heard of this bullshit.

Looks like Steubenville is on the east border and also having it in Pittsburgh means it's some weird regional thing over there in the middle of nowhere.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New goon project: Open a pizza restaurant that specializes in a disgusting pizza referred to as some lovely rear end city style and see how long it takes to catch on

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Since I invoked the pedophiles name I have donated $25 $24.01 to The Children's Assessment Center Foundation.

And will :toxx: $10 to any future emote costs.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Grand Fromage posted:

From Ohio, have never heard of this bullshit.

Looks like Steubenville is on the east border and also having it in Pittsburgh means it's some weird regional thing over there in the middle of nowhere.

I can only report what I've seen on https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/ohio-valley-style-pizza, otherwise :iiam:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I was waiting until we hit page 2020/2021 to make a new thread but yeah I think it's time for a refresh. If anyone has any particular favorites they want in the op post em otherwise I'll just grab whatever when I get around to it

That one about the chili escaping(with the exploded pressure cooker) still puts me in stitches, also our current thread title should be preserved in the new thread as well

Improperly cooked pizza toppings has to be one of the worst pizza crimes of all

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Iron Crowned posted:

I like to buy Take and Bake Pizzas from Aldi, that way it's still hot and fresh out of the oven (although not as good as delivery, nothing beats delivery for some reason)

Where I live now doesn't have them but I thought the food from the take and bake place papa murphy's was pretty decent.

My sister liked being able to buy tubs of cookie dough to eat raw.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

My humble idea

Natural Harvest bakery

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I mean, that specifically says it's a regional variant in eastern Ohio where barely anybody lives. Seems right to me, you just summarized it by changing the content. Incorrect!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fools Infinite posted:

Where I live now doesn't have them but I thought the food from the take and bake place papa murphy's was pretty decent.

My sister liked being able to buy tubs of cookie dough to eat raw.

Papa Murphy's rules, I used to hit them up quite a bit in Kansas. They don't have any near me, and the one by the game store I went to before COVID closed, so I'm sadly SOL on that front.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I think that style should be called "Pennsyltucky Style" thank you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
papa murphy's takes food stamps, the more you know.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

New goon project: Open a pizza restaurant that specializes in a disgusting pizza referred to as some lovely rear end city style and see how long it takes to catch on

I already live in Albany so I'm in to start the Steamed Ham Pizza Tradition

Plus, since it's Albany we'd have our pick of foreclosed/abandoned properties!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Pizza stipulations?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

uber_stoat posted:

I think this is specifically why their model is take and bake because the law says you can't buy hot food with food stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

I’m pretty sure a large part of why it’s “take and bake” was to sidestep around the regulations and make them eligible to take food stamps.

e:f,b