Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the plumdog millionaire will make you pay for your crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
"Trust The Process" - Eric bledsoe

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dutchy posted:

i'm not asking him to do too much. he got to showcase for any other owner in the future that might have a free spot and a phone notification saying "Anthony Davis ruled out." at the end of the year, when kelly oubre and buddy hield are lifting the trophy, having combined with another random pick-up to equal 1.2 lebrons, he'll be able to watch and know that he was technically on the team for 24 hours too, and approximately .4 of a lebron

I dropped him from my Yahoo team a while back. I think I replaced him with DORT.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m a broken record but ugh if I had PG and CJ I would be ahead of everyone by 1000. I literally picked CJ because he’s an Ironman lol. His last 5 seasons are 80, 80, 81, 70, 70. 11 games missed this season so far so it’s over for you hoes once he’s back.
Forget it Jake it’s Fantasy town

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm drowning in injuries

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a 200 pt lead evaporated cause i put my faith in the plumdog and he just decided not to suit up a single millisecond before the game. also cause clint capela and andre drummond combined for less than 1 kyle kuzma game rip

honestly tho dutchys team is scary good and the fact that dame, lonzo tall and joel embiid keep playing on the same nights and are like guaranteed to combine for like 180ish points is real rude, to me

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
My team was inspired by Kuzma and his professionalism and understanding in the face of adversity (ruthlessly cut within 24 hours)

It was fun making up a 200 point deficit but the downside to leaning so heavy on the philly guys is when they only play on saturday and your opponent has a bunch of people playing FRI/SUN and the matchup is really close..... gonna need some really Oubre + Kuzma = Lebron style arithmetic out of, yknow, the Pelican backcourt or something. OR Dame has to light the Mavs up so badly they contract the franchise, which is possible.

I'm happy with how my team's holding up though, I was banking a lot on the possibilities of post-Harden Christian Wood and his ankle turned to dust like the instant I drafted him

One of us has to lose though. In the interest of fairness I think it should be Pop Dog

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
On the one hand Mitch Robinson getting hurt halfway through his first good game this season after I brought him back was bad because I chose him over Kelly O because I wanted predictable points today and tomorrow, but, 45 points is one more point than I expected to get over these two days.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
drat I slacked today, up 100 or so, and now I’m down 35 heading into tomorrow’s full roster play day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really hate the way that the rosters take hours to unlock to the point I was considering not having them lock at all. But this is a setting that you cannot edit in anyway.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I can still edit the next day's roster, even if some players are locked. Or is that not the problem?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

I can still edit the next day's roster, even if some players are locked. Or is that not the problem?

It is, I am talking about the ability to drop and add players basically after the last game ends until 6:00 AM everything gets locked but that is unfortunately one of the primary times I am awake on the weekend.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I could have sworn I did just that the other night, going to the next day’s lineup, adding a player, and dropping Batum I think it was. But maybe Batum hadn’t played that night.

Fuckin Hayward spent too much time bootlicking and got lower back tightness, basically wrecking my chances today. Kawhi was even so kind as to sit out and keep PG company.

Oh well let’s go Kings, Barnes is sure to put up 30/10/10 and save the day

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

I could have sworn I did just that the other night, going to the next day’s lineup, adding a player, and dropping Batum I think it was. But maybe Batum hadn’t played that night.

Fuckin Hayward spent too much time bootlicking and got lower back tightness, basically wrecking my chances today. Kawhi was even so kind as to sit out and keep PG company.

Oh well let’s go Kings, Barnes is sure to put up 30/10/10 and save the day

I actually saw that and thought it was weird because the night before I had been sitting around waiting to add a player.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
:shrug: I think I did move the date to the next day before I went to look at available players, and it let me swap. Dunno how or why that would make a difference but it worked. Maybe it’s bc I swapped him for Patty Mills and neither guy played the night before

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I betrayed Kyle Kuzma and have been punished accordingly

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all i needed to win was have lebron go to OT in every single game but one or something

i hope next week the person im playing does Not have the second most points in the league, especially since im playing dejan and he doesnt even set his rosters(do not message him to tell him to set his rosters)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol I was going to at least move Towns into the starting lineup but I guess I will not now.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Bjelica!!!!

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Probably shouldn't count my chickens on Friday afternoon but after a couple of tough break losses I have apparently caught the biggest break, which is freak weather making sure Luka Doncic doesn't play at all this week

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wish they marked those guys as out or something on those days.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dutchy posted:

Probably shouldn't count my chickens on Friday afternoon but after a couple of tough break losses I have apparently caught the biggest break, which is freak weather making sure Luka Doncic doesn't play at all this week

Ha yeah I'm getting absolutely smashed - seems like every day I have fewer people playing.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Well, I’m out of moves and Curry had a widdle tummy ache yesterday, so gg

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

So Saruman and Morgoth are the only undefeated left? Figures!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I kept my opponent below 2000 points last week so I’m counting that as a victory.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Man as a first-time fantasy-NBAer I am getting repeatedly cccclowned, I keep forgetting to update my roster and losing my top two guys (KD/AD) absolutely saps my will to live. I swear I'm gonna update the poo poo out of everything going forward and spoil the gently caress out of everybody's aspirations down the stretch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

So Saruman and Morgoth are the only undefeated left? Figures!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

rivetz posted:

Man as a first-time fantasy-NBAer I am getting repeatedly cccclowned, I keep forgetting to update my roster and losing my top two guys (KD/AD) absolutely saps my will to live. I swear I'm gonna update the poo poo out of everything going forward and spoil the gently caress out of everybody's aspirations down the stretch.

The other game I play I have been the one being blown out due to having AD and Spurs on my team so I feel the pain.

For matchups, I try to set my roster forward for the matchup at the start of the week at the very least. You still gotta check on it here and there, especially if you like to cycle guys in and out of your IR but usually the worst thing that happens is you forget one guy instead of all your guys.

(I am weird and enjoy setting rosters though, I find it relaxing and good TV watching activity so I usually set my rosters all the way forward fairly early in the season. I don't recommend this though unless you like it, because you end up spending time having to set it up once a week anyway)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im pretty sure im gonna lose this week since andre drummond will apparently never play again and i have like 3 other injuries. I should probably just cut dillon brooks since hes close enough to league average but idk, remorseless chuckers has been my theme and i cant abandon the orcs who brung me

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Well I’ve used up most of my moves for the week already. Gotta cobble poo poo together when you’re alternately missing at least 2 of your 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th picks due to injury.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Anyone else play Yahoo fantasy? I'm confused by their rankings - there seems to be different rankings for the same player on different screens.

For example, on the Available Player page it says Justin Holiday is currently ranked 73. But if you click on the little note icon next to his name the pop-up says he is ranked 59. It seems to be off for everyone - some with a bigger difference than others. Why is that?

Really confusing for a first time player.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I haven't used Yahoo but I think it might be there is a general ranking for "standard" rankings and then rankings based on your league's scoring. ESPN also has system where they show the rankings of players based on an amalgamation of their stats, but another rank based on order typically drafted.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lamarcus has let me down for the final time, the second time

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 3, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

lamarcus has let me down for the final time, the second time

Yeah in Dejan's league I drafted him, he let me down, I added him back yesterday and noticed maybe 5 minutes before it was too late that he was announced out for the day.

This is a weird week for sure, most leagues combine this week with next because it ends up being like one more day than normal, it's a lot less random than separating this into two different matchups.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've been having fun with this, I would probably want to do it next year too. So I turned on a single keeper. Might be a reason to trade some picks if you want someone's keepers.

No pressure if anyone doesn't want to play next time.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

morgoth sent to the void by lamarcus aldridge, manwe incarnate

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

I've been having fun with this, I would probably want to do it next year too. So I turned on a single keeper. Might be a reason to trade some picks if you want someone's keepers.

No pressure if anyone doesn't want to play next time.

What's a keeper? But yeah this has been fun.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Sounds great Rick! Even though I haven’t won a game it’s still fun.

Doesn’t help that apparently Paul George sat out last night because he was too dizzy. What the gently caress? And Curry had to rest to make sure he had enough energy for the all star game. What the gently caress?

Cursed rear end roster.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

What's a keeper? But yeah this has been fun.

On your team settings page you can set a player to keep for next time. You get an extra draft pick if you don’t keep anyone but it is not with it in a league this big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Sounds great Rick! Even though I haven’t won a game it’s still fun.

Doesn’t help that apparently Paul George sat out last night because he was too dizzy. What the gently caress? And Curry had to rest to make sure he had enough energy for the all star game. What the gently caress?

Cursed rear end roster.

I spent five minutes trying to figure out why your roster hasn't won a game yet and the ultimate determination was "incredibly bad luck."