Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has anyone figured out why ratings for all the major sports this past season have been significantly down now that we see that the Super Bowl was too?

At least with baseball I just know fewer and fewer people who actually keep up with it outside of occasional check ins.

I have often wondered with a sport where someone like Brady and Lebron are constantly in the finals it drives down more causal fans, who seem to not want to watch the same thing again and want more variety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope that my continued presence here can be a sign to lurkers that you can be a useless idiot with nothing meaningful to say and it's fine.

On that note, in Captain America they say that the super soldier serum quadrupled his metabolism so he can't get drunk but shouldn't he also be just constantly making GBS threads all the time?

Wouldn't he have little poo poo cuz his body is good at absorbing everything?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok, since we just had a big dip consuming day. What is your favorite dipping medium? Tortilla chip, potato chip, or cracker? I’m leaving veggies out, since not all dips are right for veggies.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

Rare peek inside the Spoenk household

Does not have brother in law sleeping on couch not accurate

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

That guy definitely looks like he's had his spirit broken by being dunked on, though

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Whoa delayed double post.

Also my first double post. What a day.

The Juggernaut fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 11, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has anyone figured out why ratings for all the major sports this past season have been significantly down now that we see that the Super Bowl was too?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just because a lot of people were having to work nights and didn’t have time for sports. I know a few people that essentially do half their work after their kids go to sleep.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Quiet Feet posted:

I hope that my continued presence here can be a sign to lurkers that you can be a useless idiot with nothing meaningful to say and it's fine.

On that note, in Captain America they say that the super soldier serum quadrupled his metabolism so he can't get drunk but shouldn't he also be just constantly making GBS threads all the time?

Ant-Man cleans his pipes for him every once in a while to Cap stay regular. That's why Ant-Man is all "America's rear end!" in Endgame. It's an Easter egg from the comics.

e: relevant https://twitter.com/mrarielspov/status/1359057670351691778?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

on the bored wop posted:

That guy definitely looks like he's had his spirit broken by being dunked on, though

My spirit remains unbroken though I live in the shadow of the dunk zone

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Literal hero:

quote:

Many of the videos used as evidence by the impeachment managers this week were originally posted to Parler, a social media platform that was popular among Trump supporters at the time of the insurrection.

Parler was taken offline after Amazon Web Services pulled hosting support for the site in the days after the insurrection.

An anonymous computer programmer who uses the online name “Crash override” and the Twitter handle @donk_enby realized that the social media platform was full of videos that could be used as potential evidence to identify insurrectionists.

The programmer sprang into action and began downloading videos from Parler before the site was taken fully offline. "I had an efficient way to download it all. I knew what was there, but it seemed that nobody else could see the value,” she told CNN on Wednesday. In total she gathered 30 terabytes – that’s 30,000 gigabytes – of video, she said.

Seeing so much of the material being used as evidence in this week’s impeachment trials, she told CNN:

“I hope it inspires more people with similar skills to mine to use those skills for good.”
She told CNN she is not based in the United States and describes herself as a “hacktivist” – she states in her Twitter bio she uses she/her pronouns. Although she describes herself as a “hacktivist,” she clarified that “everything I archived was publicly accessible.”

ProPublica posted hundreds of the videos gathered by @donk_enby to a database on its website. Parler videos being used by the House impeachment managers were downloaded from this ProPublica database.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Juggernaut posted:

Whoa delayed double post.

Also my first double post. What a day.

Whats it like to hate joy?

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

If you still don't read ProPublica get with it. They are loving awesome and please give them money.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Literal hero:
“Crash override”

Outstanding

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Lol crash_override, that rules

Hack the planet Nazis!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh god they made it worse

https://twitter.com/MsRebeccaBlack/status/1359550142983008256

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Its Rinaldo posted:

I need a new avatar my Shew one is getting stale hit me up Athanatos just can I keep my RunNFCWest tag?

Do you want to pick it or want a random Trubes?

Silly Burrito posted:

Behold......the Seattle Seatoxx.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411101&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Athanatos, can you please add this to the memorable threads?

Oh, good idea.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

They hate us cuz they ain't us

In a meta twist I just sent this to my wife
sorry about your impending divorce

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quiet Feet posted:

Maybe, but outside of someone getting attacked in there, how often do you see a character go to the bathroom on screen?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Maybe, but outside of someone getting attacked in there, how often do you see a character go to the bathroom on screen?

Only other time is to show theyre super busy and talk on the phone while pissing.

Or for someone to overhear someone being a meanie.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok, since we just had a big dip consuming day. What is your favorite dipping medium? Tortilla chip, potato chip, or cracker? I’m leaving veggies out, since not all dips are right for veggies.

I like all kinds but a good cracker into crab dip is the one that keeps me up at night jerkin off

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobjr posted:

At least with baseball I just know fewer and fewer people who actually keep up with it outside of occasional check ins.

I have often wondered with a sport where someone like Brady and Lebron are constantly in the finals it drives down more causal fans, who seem to not want to watch the same thing again and want more variety.

Yeah, that's why Michael Jordan really drove down the popularity of the NBA.

If anything Brady and Lebron drive up viewership among casual fans, at least in the games they're playing in. Remember when people were getting pissed at the Cavs and Warriors resting Lebron or Curry during the occasional away game, because some kid in whatever city they were playing against was excited to see King James play, only to get to the stadium and find out he was gonna sit on the bench the entire time?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Quiet Feet posted:

At the very least, you'd think he'd be eating all the time. You can't have a metabolism that fast without being super hungry all the time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Skwirl posted:

The elevator scene in Captain America 2 should have taken place in a bathroom stall.

Braksgirl posted:

At the very least, you'd think he'd be eating all the time. You can't have a metabolism that fast without being super hungry all the time.

This too!

And the best thing to dip depends on the dip. Fritos scoops for queso. Regular potato chips for a sour cream based dip. Unless it's dill, in which case veggies or a nice pumpernickel bread is key.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that's why Michael Jordan really drove down the popularity of the NBA.

If anything Brady and Lebron drive up viewership among casual fans, at least in the games they're playing in. Remember when people were getting pissed at the Cavs and Warriors resting Lebron or Curry during the occasional away game, because some kid in whatever city they were playing against was excited to see King James play, only to get to the stadium and find out he was gonna sit on the bench the entire time?

That’s true, I’ve seen a few “baseball needs more marketable stars” type articles, but I don’t think even that would help it that much.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Athanatos posted:

Do you want to pick it or want a random Trubes?

Spin the wheel. I am not afraid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

The elevator scene in Captain America 2 should have taken place in a bathroom stall.

Oh god, he's pissing like Austin Powers while SHIELD thugs slowly fill in the urinals next to him, just before he makes his move he says "Anybody need to shake before we do this?"

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1359662572648202242

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Its Rinaldo posted:

'Tis done.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

sees spinner whirl past.... complete dysfunction.....tweetstorm.... pandemic 2.....trains...

come on trains!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Athanatos posted:

'Tis done.

Not a lurker, and not TFF-related, but any chance I could get my Hack Frauds gang tag back? My requests in GBS have fallen on deaf ears. If you need the link I’ll post it when I get home. (I didn’t know how to keep it when I got my new av)

General Dog fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 11, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oops, all 'Bisky's

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Its Rinaldo posted:

MITCH

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

swickles posted:

Whats it like to hate joy?

Its an eye opening experience. I've been here almost 15 years and I never knew how it happened. I'm a true posting vet now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There was a study done maybe three or four years ago that indicated a substantial majority of the Super Bowl's audience comprises people who are only tuned in for the commercials, and about 90 percent of them are posted online in the week leading up to the game. That can't possibly help viewership. The only ads that generally don't wind up online are movie trailers, and almost no one bought trailer time outside of the ad for Falcon and Winter Soldier because no studio was willing to blow millions of dollars on 30-second spots for movies with no firm release date.

With sports like MLB and the NHL, it doesn't help that it's basically impossible to watch postseason games without an expanded cable subscription, ESPECIALLY the NHL, and it's going that way with regular season games, too, since almost every team has its own goddamn RSN.

That they do a terrible job of marketing themselves--more kids recognize Derek Jeter and Ken Griffey Jr. than they do Mike Trout, for example--is also a concern, but overall visibility is their big problem.

Timby fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 11, 2021

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel as though I've been assaulted in some small way. Like hit in the head with a nerf gun but somehow it fired way harder than they normally do.

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1359670178074816512

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
drat, I had a $50 gift card to Basin Burger House and it turns out it closed 6 months ago :negative:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Well, I wasn't particularly looking for photo evidence someone had a worse decade than me, but here it is anyways.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The Juggernaut posted:

Its an eye opening experience. I've been here almost 15 years and I never knew how it happened. I'm a true posting vet now.

Dooming myself with this, but no double posts and no quote != edits in my posting career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I'm glad she had fun at Katy Perry's garage sale