Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

eke out posted:

frankly, this is probably the most effective i've ever seen the democratic party be two days in a row.

It's crazy...no emotion, just laying out the facts. If nothing else they're laying out a prosecutor's case on a silver platter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Echophonic posted:

"I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I did in 2020, but I think he should be found guilty" is certainly a high-level C-SPAN caller take.

Ehhh, I can kind of understand that a bit more than some others?
"I thought he was just an empty blowhard but the last four years made it clear he can walk the walk and not just talk the talk and is an earnest fascist who will work hard to punish minorities. But I'm also super into decorum and proper procedure so I strongly disapprove of him inciting a riot.'

This country has a lot of fascists who love the rules about as much as they hate minorities and so while they lust for and welcome fascism, they also want fascism to be tidy and neat and follow the rules. No shoveling Jews into ovens until the law has made arrangements for it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Medullah posted:

It's crazy...no emotion, just laying out the facts. If nothing else they're laying out a prosecutor's case on a silver platter.

They are the prosecutors. This is a political trial, its an impeachment.

Or do you mean for like, civil lawsuits?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

"I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I did in 2020, but I think he should be found guilty" is certainly a high-level C-SPAN caller take.

They're probably not one of the degenerates who splits their ballot because they believe a "balanced" government where different parties hold the different branches is better for the country. But this quote makes me think of those degenerates.

That Romney video is remarkable. Dude won't switch to an I, but he should.

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

They're terrified of losing power above all else.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

They are the prosecutors. This is a political trial, its an impeachment.

Or do you mean for like, civil lawsuits?

Yep, when the Republicans all vote against impeachment he's open for prosecution on the civilian side.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/nathanlgonzales/status/1359629360433680384

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

ArmyGroup303 posted:

They're terrified of losing power above all else.

Remember when Frisky Dingo had Xander, as a joke about what an insane sociopath he was, say that he'd 'rather be dead than poor.'

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

I wonder if Ted Cruz is swallowing a little harder now that Swalwell just showed footage to the rest of the senate and the whole loving country of the rioters going through his desk, finding his objection papers to the vote certification and going "He's on our side! HE'S ON OUR SIDE!"

How would he? Doesn't he feed through osmosis and breath through spiracles?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol kaitlin collins says the trump defense plans to argue that ACTUALLY democrats are the ones glorifying violence by showing you this

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Wow this lady on the phone now on CSpan is really defensive about trump being put on trial. "This is political theater. They should have made this into a documentary instead."

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

loving Braun. Can't believe that nauseating piece of poo poo won here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

At the very least the federal government has a very nice case all nicely laid out to charge him with criminally

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

At the very least the federal government has a very nice case all nicely laid out to charge him with criminally

it truly will never happen, not for incitement at a rally

it's one of very, very few things i think every single one of his SCOTUS appointees will rule in his favor on

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Velocity Raptor posted:

Wow this lady on the phone now on CSpan is really defensive about trump being put on trial. "This is political theater. They should have made this into a documentary instead."

I was laughing so hard when she was blaming the media for the Capitol security camera footage

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1359635964893818880

"I would (probably) vote to convict but not to bar him from running again" because Lisa Murkowski is wishy-washiness personified.

My guess is she votes "present" like she did with Kavanaugh. Yes I know that Alaska has ranked choice now, I don't think it makes a difference.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 11, 2021

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Angry_Ed posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1359635964893818880

"I would (probably) vote to convict but not to bar him from running again" because Lisa Murkowski is wishy-washiness personified.

My guess is she votes "present" like she did with Kavanaugh. Yes I know that Alaska has ranked choice now, I don't think it makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure what she's responding to is the fact that Trump won't be convicted. "Given that Trump won't be convicted, I can hardly see how he gets elected again regardless of what happens here." Not that she would vote to convict but not to bar.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

god i'd forgotten where that call happens in the timeline, that they were literally hiding at the moment

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Haha, they're playing videos of rioters chanting "Mike Pence is a bitch!"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
This is what ties the front to the back. Trump tweets a hundred times a day but while all of us were watching this unfold on 1/6, and while multiple people in multiple branches of government were calling on the president to tweet that people should leave, instead he was silent.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Framboise posted:

loving Braun. Can't believe that nauseating piece of poo poo won here.

We got lucky with Donnelly but he tried hard to cater to the GOP to retain his spot. It depressed a hell of a lot of people when I was door knocking. Hell he had ads in Nappanee area quoting Reagan for Gods sake.

Indiana can do better but drat are we gonna be dragging this state kicking and screaming somewhere other then far right dredges.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Senators... you've seen it... on January 6th President Trump... left everyone in this building for dead.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Terebus posted:

Haha, they're playing videos of rioters chanting "Mike Pence is a bitch!"

Those moments where the worst people you know make a great point.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This is good closing argument stuff. Love the comparison of the morning tweet vs. the end of the day tweet. Have literally done similar in closing arg powerpoints.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Lol Mike Lee is pissed.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1359661538966126592

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 11, 2021

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is Leahy having an old man moment?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Cry more Mr. Lee, and when you're done: eat poo poo.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is Leahy having an old man moment?

No, the parliamentarian (or whoever) is telling him what to say.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1359661722408275968

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What is Mike Lee trying to say is untrue, that he didn't say?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Okay I had to deal with a customer, what just happened with the bald white man speaking out loud to other bald white men?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Zwabu posted:

What is Mike Lee trying to say is untrue, that he didn't say?

Senators are asking him to actually explain lol.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I have no idea what's going on right now.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
What the gently caress is going on right now? What are they trying to take a Yea/Nay vote on?

Leahy really seems out of it due to his recent spat with covid. Maybe someone else should be leading?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Raskin is talking to Schumer now probably to clarify where they got those statements.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I had to have this muted for the last 10 minutes or so. I can see Mike Lee was really pissed about something and Leahy set him straight and now they're calling the roll to get a quorum.

What was Lee going on about?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Velocity Raptor posted:

What the gently caress is going on right now? What are they trying to take a Yea/Nay vote on?

Leahy really seems out of it due to his recent spat with covid. Maybe someone else should be leading?

I think Schumer called off the vote as they're not allowed to do it here.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Yeah I don't get it. They never quoted Mike Lee. They did refer to Lee's phone but it was handed to a different member. Who did they claim reported on the first call? The second call had a recording.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Deteriorata posted:

I had to have this muted for the last 10 minutes or so. I can see Mike Lee was really pissed about something and Leahy set him straight and now they're calling the roll to get a quorum.

What was Lee going on about?

He's denying that the statements the managers attributed to him about a Trump phone call were true. But won't clarify exactly what is untrue about them. CNN reported the Mike Lee thing and he's saying CNN is lying.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Thom12255 posted:

Senators are asking him to actually explain lol.

lee is saying he didnt hear trump scream at tubberville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Schumer is talking to Mitch now.