Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lee is saying he didnt hear trump scream at tubberville.

I'm pretty sure the Managers didn't say he did - just that his phone got passed to him.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1359663181455622145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
"Those things that you claimed I said, I didn't actually say. Source? Me, because I didn't say that. :proof:"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thom12255 posted:

He's denying that the statements the managers attributed to him about a Trump phone call were true. But won't clarify exactly what is untrue about them. CNN reported the Mike Lee thing and he's saying CNN is lying.

The phone calls have been public record for a long time. It's odd that he just happened to object to them now.

Somebody is cutting a little too close the the bone, I suspect.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1359662602423525376

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Deteriorata posted:

The phone calls have been public record for a long time. It's odd that he just happened to object to them now.

Somebody is cutting a little too close the the bone, I suspect.

He's probably scared shitless that his name might be associated with anything anti-Trump.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/Timodc/status/1359663520841781250

He's lying.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Mike Lee muddying the waters for any doubters in the base regarding the legitimacy of the impeachment proceedings. The democrats are fabricating evidence!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its cause he is loving scared.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
HAhahahahahah

Mike Lee - WE NEED TO HAVE THIS STRICKEN FROM THE RECORD!!!!!

Impeachment Manager - Fine, we don't need it anyway. We'll withdraw.

Mike Lee - I WILL NOT STAND FOR THISSSS.....oh wait.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
lol now they're gonna have to call witnesses because Lee just opened the door.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Literally the only reason this coup failed was trumps incompetence and laziness, huh?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I guess Lee just revealed his vote. :downsrim:

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
Got asummary of what's up right now:

"I didn't say that"
(he did say that)
"what?"
"what?"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wait, Lee's compaining that he didn't literally say "This isn't Tommy" when Trump called his phone?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Echophonic posted:

Wait, Lee's compaining that he didn't literally say "This isn't Tommy" when Trump called his phone?

Lee is angry that Lee is being cited as a witness for the prosecution.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

Literally the only reason this coup failed was trumps incompetence and laziness, huh?

also it was alot of groups and individuals in the crowd that all had their own little quests and probably different inside help with some of them. there was no unified strategy outside "for the King" and "gently caress and kill ______" .

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Lee's upset because he's being attributed to saying that Trump called Tuberville to delay the certification, not that he handed the phone over.

Edit: this is my assumption because Lee's objection was very vague and there was no clarification. I assume that it'll be the first order of business tomorrow AM.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 11, 2021

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rabble posted:

Lee's upset because he's being attributed to saying that Trump called Tuberville to delay the certification, not that he handed the phone over.

Whoops I guess that's what happens when you're a juror and a conspirator

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Indeed and it was Lee's spokesperson and/or office that made the statement to cnn.

I didn't say it => you have no proof that I told my office to report it => I think it's categorically hearsay. (Oh there's an recorded voicemail)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

For me it's the weird, narcissistic nonsequitors

"And you'll march down Pennsylvania Avenue... I love Pennsylvania Avenue..."

Kind of the same thing but yeah. That poo poo

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Graham wanted a slaughter on the steps of the Capitol, apparently?

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Graham wanted a slaughter on the steps of the Capitol, apparently?

Of which side is the real kicker

That's also part of this whole moment of history, until 1/6 everyone on this rock assumed that if some rioters pushed that hard on those steps that a slaughter would be the result. And then it wasn't, it was still a massive moment of violence and death, but no one expected to see so little blood. This decade is messed up

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao Lee is probably involved. Me thinks the loser Doth protest too much

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 11, 2021

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao Lee is probably involved. Me thinks the lower Doth protest too much

That's why I was confused, I didn't realize "Trump called Lee looking for Tuberville" was a fact in contention, given that they have a voicemail.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Orthanc6 posted:

Of which side is the real kicker

That's also part of this whole moment of history, until 1/6 everyone on this rock assumed that if some rioters pushed that hard on those steps that a slaughter would be the result. And then it wasn't, it was still a massive moment of violence and death, but no one expected to see so little blood.

The only thing that surprised me that day was the relative lack of bloodshed. Everyone I know was texting and saying I was right. Of course I was right, it wasn't hard to see coming. But the fact that only a few people died, and mostly incidentally aside from Babbitt, is a minor miracle.

And perhaps a testament to something, but I do not know what.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mdemone posted:

The only thing that surprised me that day was the relative lack of bloodshed. Everyone I know was texting and saying I was right. Of course I was right, it wasn't hard to see coming. But the fact that only a few people died, and mostly incidentally aside from Babbitt, is a minor miracle.

And perhaps a testament to something, but I do not know what.

How capable the police are at actually doing their jobs without shooting and killing people, when they actually want to?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Has anyone found the full text of 117th Senate resolution 47? I can only find the title at congress.gov, so it's hard to see if Lee's complaint under section 16 is even valid. It seems like they'd need to vote him as a witness if they wanted to clarify that as "false information".

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Has anyone found the full text of 117th Senate resolution 47? I can only find the title at congress.gov, so it's hard to see if Lee's complaint under section 16 is even valid. It seems like they'd need to vote him as a witness if they wanted to clarify that as "false information".

It would be amusing if this opened it up to having witnesses and they just end up screwing themselves over. Maybe they'd toss Lee under the bus if it is risked.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao Lee is probably involved. Me thinks the loser Doth protest too much

maybe but he doesnt strike me as that type of facist, like he would have been fine if the shitshow had worked But i dont think he was feeding them info or anything. same with cruz. cruz was fine if democracy died and was fine feeding the base and helping trump kick it off with retoric but he wouldn't dirty his hands by going to deep with them because he views himself as some "grand statesmen" type like cicero and churchill (his views not mine)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

How capable the police are at actually doing their jobs without shooting and killing people, when they actually want to?

yeah, i mean ACAB but i suspect they were afraid that if one of them oppened fired then it would have been a blood bath. a mix of a ton of dead white chuds would look bad plus the chuds would have started outright murdering cops them instead of just attempting too.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 11, 2021

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
It's around 11hr25min, "and how senator Lee explains it", ... "Lee stood by" the phone. "Lee had just ended a prayer with colleagues".

The manager attributed to Lee what should have been attributed to CNN, ultimately. I guess we get to wait until tomorrow or Friday before we can dig into SRes 47 to see how that fits 16. It kinda matters because the first call, without a recording, attributes to Trump a request to further impede the certification, whereas the second, recorded/voicemail is Guilliani.

It therefore removes a potential example of Trump continuing/doubling down after the violence was well documented (but of course doesn't counter the view that Trump did nothing positive [but you are free to interpret that as you will]).

ps I still suspect he violated trial rules by claiming that he was the sole witness and it was false... because he hadn't been called as a witness.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I thought senators were not allowed to talk? Lee should be removed from the process and if he has something to say come back as a witness subject to cross examination under penalty of perjury.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Murgos posted:

I thought senators were not allowed to talk? Lee should be removed from the process and if he has something to say come back as a witness subject to cross examination under penalty of perjury.

They were about to adjourn for the day, so no one really wanted to argue about it. Schumer said they'll take it up first thing tomorrow if necessary.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is there a vote to convict tonight or later this week?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i mean ACAB but i suspect they were afraid that if one of them oppened fired then it would have been a blood bath. a mix of a ton of dead white chuds would look bad plus the chuds would have started outright murdering cops them instead of just attempting too.

MOST cops are bastards. Not all. Officer Goodman, for example

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

MOST cops are bastards. Not all. Officer Goodman, for example

Plenty of lovely people have still performed good actions in their lifetimes.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

my god, they went and made the cheesy evil government propaganda outlet from babylon 5 real

that line read on "these...proceedings", holy poo poo i'm dying

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

feedmyleg posted:

Plenty of lovely people have still performed good actions in their lifetimes.

Do.we have reason to believe Officer Goodman is a lovely person? Honestly asking.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I don't know anything about Goodman besides he did his job well on a scary day. For all I know he's a domestic abuser. I'd rather he not get held up as a paragon because we really don't know poo poo about him besides a 30 seconds video clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Do.we have reason to believe Officer Goodman is a lovely person? Honestly asking.

ACAB except Goodman, who is Okay Until Proven Otherwise. :unsmith: