Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And of course this also brings up Victory Road '09 and Jenna vs Sharmell, aka MINUS FIVE STARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4MceD3fHHU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Draxion posted:

I don't know where you could find it (it might still be on Fite? But look around) but if you can get ahold of it the Blackcraft Wrestling: No Apologies show is the pinnacle of the form

Gonna second this. It's like a Vampire: The Masquerade LARP gone horribly wrong

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

disaster pastor posted:

Victory Road 2011 in its entirety could be considered "so bad it's hilarious."

I agree! I agree!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sid vs. Nightstalker at Clash of Champions 13 is an all timer, and a short fun one.

Hogan vs Warrior is...it's a genuine mock epic.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TTBF posted:

Gonna second this. It's like a Vampire: The Masquerade LARP gone horribly wrong

yeah to emphasize just a few of the things that happen on this show:

a crucifixion at the start that takes like an hour
the GM, who is Pinhead from Hellraiser I believe, is stabbed in the neck because he won't give someone a title shot
two title matches with a total run time of under 30 seconds
A 30 man battle royal that takes 5 minutes

and also a really good match with Chris Dickinson and Masato Tanaka!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Sid vs. Nightstalker at Clash of Champions 13 is an all timer, and a short fun one.

Hogan vs Warrior is...it's a genuine mock epic.

I think back to 1997 when Sid vs The Nightstalker was seen as this all time bad match and now it just seems quaint.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Whatever match required someone having to be killed in an electric chair to win.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The entirety of New Blood Rising

TNA's Reverse Battle Royals. All of them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

Whatever match required someone having to be killed in an electric chair to win.

Chamber of Horrors match. I loved that VHS as a kid.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

LionYeti posted:

So I love so bad its hilarious stuff. What are some really bad matches that go all the way around and become amazing. I'd prefer not heroes of wrestling/old guy lucha matches where the participants can barely move and it makes the viewer sad.

Vincent vs Stevie Ray at Uncensored 1999.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Draxion posted:

the GM, who is Pinhead from Hellraiser I believe, is stabbed in the neck because he won't give someone a title shot

And that wasn't even the first option for the show's big lethal force spot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Which scaffold match is the one where Cornette ate poo poo on the fall because Boss Man forgot to catch him?

For some reason I'm thinking of that a lot today.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Benne posted:

Which scaffold match is the one where Cornette ate poo poo on the fall because Boss Man forgot to catch him?

For some reason I'm thinking of that a lot today.
Starrcade '86. Condrey & Eaton vs. Road Warriors.

Bubba was trying to catch him. Cornette just fell REALLY fast.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Speaking of Big Boss Man, he kicked rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LdKw2GzJs

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TheKingslayer posted:

Speaking of Big Boss Man, he kicked rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9LdKw2GzJs

my hottest take of all is that young big boss man and any age shingo takagi are the same guy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a tiny petty question:

Did the "Farting Nattie" thing that WWE did a while back ever lead to anything? Anything at all?

Were there matches where she farted? Was there a specific wrestler that took umbrage to her farts and they had a feud? Or even a match or two? Did it ever have an ending, or did she just stop farting for no reason?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m going to guess the writer with that particular fetish got fired and that was the end of it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Whenever poo poo like that happens it inevitably starts because Vince thought it'd be hilarious and stops because Vince got bored and lost interest.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a tiny petty question:

Did the "Farting Nattie" thing that WWE did a while back ever lead to anything? Anything at all?

Were there matches where she farted? Was there a specific wrestler that took umbrage to her farts and they had a feud? Or even a match or two? Did it ever have an ending, or did she just stop farting for no reason?

There was a match where she had her opponent in the Sharpshooter and made her tap, but then the ref had to step away due to the horrible fart smell and Natalya broke the hold in order to ask WTF, only to lose.

I recall that she turned face at some point and kind of owned the farting by using it against a heel backstage with confidence. After that, the gimmick stopped.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gavok posted:

There was a match where she had her opponent in the Sharpshooter and made her tap, but then the ref had to step away due to the horrible fart smell and Natalya broke the hold in order to ask WTF, only to lose.

I recall that she turned face at some point and kind of owned the farting by using it against a heel backstage with confidence. After that, the gimmick stopped.

Jesus Christ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

I’m going to guess the writer with that particular fetish got fired and that was the end of it

no he still owns the company

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Gavok posted:

Was it a Shartshooter?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it was a butt the shitman fart.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Draxion posted:

I don't know where you could find it (it might still be on Fite? But look around) but if you can get ahold of it the Blackcraft Wrestling: No Apologies show is the pinnacle of the form
I think I need to see this. I don't know anything about it, but it sounds like the NECW shows we used to watch on Tuesday Nitro, with a bunch of mallgoths doing backyard wrestling, on a much grander scale.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

LionYeti posted:

So I love so bad its hilarious stuff. What are some really bad matches that go all the way around and become amazing. I'd prefer not heroes of wrestling/old guy lucha matches where the participants can barely move and it makes the viewer sad.

Any match involving Alabama Doink.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Claytor posted:

Any match involving Alabama Doink.

Is he the one that eventually had to go by 'TV's Wrestling Clown?'

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Surprised Seth Rollins hasn’t sued yet tbh

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Dawgstar posted:

They all did.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LionYeti posted:

$10 Rasslin Presents: Backfat (on Highspots)

Here's the trailer, the color commentary guy very much embodies a good ol' boy used car salesman and he's got a quip for everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsmd-V9bk50

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you want bad funny wrestling you the place to go is the Worst Wrestler on Planet Earth (and a bad person) Beau James and The Worst Promotion on Planet Earth Southern States Wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wuwSBJGyg

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

davidbix posted:

They all did.

Ah, gotcha. I'd always heard WWE was surprisingly lenient about the Doink gimmick being used in the indies but there was somebody who used it who got the C&D way before anybody else did.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

If you want bad funny wrestling you the place to go is the Worst Wrestler on Planet Earth (and a bad person) Beau James and The Worst Promotion on Planet Earth Southern States Wrestling.
I was going to ask if you had the terrible Beau match where he does a Lady of the Lake style spot. Turns out it's at 20:30 in that very episode you posted :doh:

Beau is like one of those elderly regional stars who still shows up in the indies, obese and wrestling in a t-shirt and barely capable of moving. Except he was always that way.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 10, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wuwSBJGyg
this the dude that books himself as the tv champion of his own promotion all the time?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

this the dude that books himself as the tv champion of his own promotion all the time?

You are going to have to be more specific! But Beau did book himself as the focal point a bunch but the more egregious example was having his wife be the Hogan of their women's title because she's honestly even worse than Beau.

My favorite thing about SSW is the crowds are always dead. lovely "old school" workers pride themselves on working the crowd and getting heat but Beau's matches are always dead.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 10, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

It's that quiet Japanese heat

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's amazing, the people James has had on SSW. Like, Jimmy Valiant doesn't surprise me, but even if it's just for a check, I don't know how he would make it worth Jerry Lawler's while to show up and legitimize a bad imitation of himself.

MassRafTer posted:

You are going to have to be more specific! But Beau did book himself as the focal point a bunch but the more egregious example was having his wife be the Hogan of their women's title because she's honestly even worse than Beau.
Worse than Beau? She's very bad, but her style is so unambitious that there's not a lot to gently caress up. Watching her do basic mat wrestling is hilarious. Beau can't do basic holds without loving them up, and he's so unfit that he can't do any kind of bump. Misty can at least do a vertical suplex if her opponent doesn't sandbag her.

Royal Updog posted:

It's that quiet Japanese heat
Country Strong Style

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 10, 2021

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Halloween Jack posted:

It's amazing, the people James has had on SSW. Like, Jimmy Valiant doesn't surprise me, but even if it's just for a check, I don't know how he would make it worth Jerry Lawler's while to show up and legitimize a bad imitation of himself.

just like someone had to carry Boogie Woogie Man's coke(and spend the next 40 years talking about what an illustrious career they've had), someone also had to be the bagman to get a couple teens to recant their story. What better way to call in an old brother-brother favor than by bringing in the King to pop dozen of fans.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Whenever poo poo like that happens it inevitably starts because Vince thought it'd be hilarious and stops because Vince got bored and lost interest.

I also heard some rumor drop that was some kind of contract negotiation tactic, make her look stupid on TV so she can't demand more money.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I also heard some rumor drop that was some kind of contract negotiation tactic, make her look stupid on TV so she can't demand more money.

Years ago Mick Foley did one of his stand up shows here in Calgary and had Natalya as a surprise guest. At the end they did a q/a thing, so naturally I asked Nattie about the farting gimmick. I don’t really remember her response, mostly I just recall being really drunk and my girlfriend was not impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Decades posted:

Sabu vs Sandman at November to Remember 97 is a bizarre exercise in trying to build a 20 minute match around a handful of crude table and ladder spots with absolutely nothing in between

I just watched the rematch at Korakuen Hall, and the finish was Sabu throwing a ladder on to the ground next to Sandman, then hurling his own body directly on the ladder. Sabu got the pin.