Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I liked the character. The actress has issues. I wonder if we're going to get the "I didn't trust the media so I got my news off Facebook" alibi her as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Sure is cool how all the transphobia wasn't a deal breaker but comparing things to the holocaust gets an immediate response

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darth Brooks posted:

I liked the character. The actress has issues. I wonder if we're going to get the "I didn't trust the media so I got my news off Facebook" alibi her as well.

She would have done that a long time ago if she was going to, she's gonna be making movies with Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo by next year.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/SW_takes/status/1358463778166251522

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Threep posted:

Sure is cool how all the transphobia wasn't a deal breaker but comparing things to the holocaust gets an immediate response

It seems Disney knew about her bullshit since November. They gave her a fuckton of chances, and Favreau must be hiding under a rock right now cuz he supposedly moved influences ,and what not, to help her not get fired. (I need to check that article, I just skimmed over it last night)

Some people think she probably was already fired since last year. She didn't appeared in certain posters, wasn't mentioned at all when they showed all what's coming to Disney+. etc. Wouldn't be surprised if there's already a replacement for her Star Wars strong lady character.

Anyways, good. She was an overall poo poo person. I wish she would learn and grow, but it seems she is more than ready to be embrace the chuds.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gona Carano.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vincent posted:

Gona Carano.

Gina Ca-gone-o

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Didn't Pedro Pascal's sister come out as trans yesterday? I can imagine him openly voicing that he doesn't want to work with Carano any more in light of that, assuming his sister let him know a while before she told the public.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

JordanKai posted:

Didn't Pedro Pascal's sister come out as trans yesterday? I can imagine him openly voicing that he doesn't want to work with Carano any more in light of that, assuming his sister let him know a while before she told the public.
She identified as non-binary for a while before she became comfortable with her current identity, and Pedro famously tried to educate Carano about not being a shithead, so that conflict isn't a new development.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently Favreau went to bat for Carano so I wonder if he feels somewhat embarrassed now.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

All these idiots like Roseanne and Carano had to do is shut the gently caress up. They'd have their lives on easy streak, but just don't post terrible poo poo online. Their entitlement seems to make this an impossibility.

Also Pedro Pascal loving rules both as an actor and as a person and I hope he gets work forever.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Monaghan posted:

All these idiots like Roseanne and Carano had to do is shut the gently caress up. They'd have their lives on easy streak, but just don't post terrible poo poo online. Their entitlement seems to make this an impossibility.

Also Pedro Pascal loving rules both as an actor and as a person and I hope he gets work forever.

Especially in this case since there was already a bunch of backlash against Carano she could have wriggled out of, but she decided to double down and get herself tossed from a lucrative, high profile gig to I guess go tour what's left of the chud circuit

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
:gonk:

https://twitter.com/SinaGrace/status/1360013743107674113?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:staredog:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
wow like. Verbal abuse and manipulation is one thing, and bad enough in itself, but that sounds a whole lot like something physical had happened.

Honestly just castrate him at this point. Ha ha jk!...Or am I?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
He sounds like some of my bosses over the years. The kind of man who would get bored, and call a random intern into his office to berate them until they cried. gently caress these garbage people and their infantile power-trips.

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

This makes Whedon’s weird “It felt like I had a disease, like something from a Greek myth” explanation even grosser in retrospect.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1360274891254161412

Skwirl posted:

She would have done that a long time ago if she was going to, she's gonna be making movies with Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo by next year.

Starting early.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'd rather work with Sorbo than loving Ben Shapiro.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

She is going to be in so many average to below average action movies.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bessantj posted:

So no change then?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

bessantj posted:

Judging by reviews of the daily wire's school shooting die hard movie, that's optimistic of you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

So no change then?

Furious 6 is one of the best action movies ever made.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

I didn't even know she was in that. I've seen Deadpool and Haywire and as far as action both are average at best.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

I didn't even know she was in that. I've seen Deadpool and Haywire and as far as action both are average at best.

If you've seen her in Deadpool you've seen her in Furious 6.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

She's actually good in Haywire, and honestly, what she's said about trans people isn't any worse than what Gadot has said about Palestinians, so she probably should have been Wonder Woman.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

X-O posted:

So no change then?

But this time so many of them because it's her and Sorbo, it's all they've got.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

She's actually good in Haywire

Nah.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

none of it was because of her tho

also lmao a movie with ben loving shapiro

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I know that, but she was in a great film, even if she didn't particularly contribute to its greatness.

Imagine working with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Steven Soderbergh and now having to claim you're "excited" about working with Ben Shapiro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

it isn't his first one. he bought the school shooter film chuds seem to love.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Skwirl posted:

She's actually good in Haywire

Weren’t all of her lines completely redubbed by somebody else in that movie?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

Weren’t all of her lines completely redubbed by somebody else in that movie?

I believe this is just a rumor.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

I know that, but she was in a great film, even if she didn't particularly contribute to its greatness.

Imagine working with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Steven Soderbergh and now having to claim you're "excited" about working with Ben Shapiro.

given her views she may actually be excited about it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I too would be excited to still manage to have any form of paycheck.

Edit: the only reason she has ANY career at this point is because of Fast 6. She'd fallen to super lovely VOD films and had no worthwhile work in her future until the Rock pushed to cast her.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

it isn't his first one. he bought the school shooter film chuds seem to love.

"What if Die Hard but a student during a school shooter scenario."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

"What if Die Hard but a student during a school shooter scenario."

I'm fairly certain One Tree Hill did this story already.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

given her views she may actually be excited about it

I find it impossible that even people who agree with his views 100% enjoy listening to him talk.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

She's actually good in Haywire, and honestly, what she's said about trans people isn't any worse than what Gadot has said about Palestinians, so she probably should have been Wonder Woman.

Has Gal Gadot actually said anything about Palestinians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Has Gal Gadot actually said anything about Palestinians?

No, I was being unfair.

She's just repeatedly praised Israel's attempts at genocide against them.