Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Node posted:

Do you have a list? on which one you recommend? Is the same one you recommended to me earlier?

Proportional progression is great, mwse only so no openmw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Continuing the tale of my ridiculous alchemist, I've seemed to run into a pretty fun scenario.

My character keeps dying after his current batch of boosts wears off. Ive been using a ridiculous fortify health potion, and when it wears off my dude just keels over. I wanted to go "cold turkey" and I've tried a few ways of getting around him dying when it wears off, but no luck.

gently caress skooma addictions man, if I want to keep playing this character I'm gonna have to keep him juiced up on fortify health potions

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Grevlek posted:

Continuing the tale of my ridiculous alchemist, I've seemed to run into a pretty fun scenario.

My character keeps dying after his current batch of boosts wears off. Ive been using a ridiculous fortify health potion, and when it wears off my dude just keels over. I wanted to go "cold turkey" and I've tried a few ways of getting around him dying when it wears off, but no luck.

gently caress skooma addictions man, if I want to keep playing this character I'm gonna have to keep him juiced up on fortify health potions

Can you wean him down with progressively weaker fortify health potions?

Also I think this was a bug that was fixed in the Morrowind code patch?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a good mod for dialogue? It would be so nice to have topics be like in tabs like you have in the inventory for example. So you could have a "unique" tab and a "generic" dialogue tab for NPCs, or something like that.

I'm using the UI Expansion mod which is excellent and helps a lot by making important/unique topics blue, but I still think there could be some room for organization like how tabs were added in the mod for ingredients and other type of items.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is there a good mod for dialogue? It would be so nice to have topics be like in tabs like you have in the inventory for example. So you could have a "unique" tab and a "generic" dialogue tab for NPCs, or something like that.

I'm using the UI Expansion mod which is excellent and helps a lot by making important/unique topics blue, but I still think there could be some room for organization like how tabs were added in the mod for ingredients and other type of items.

This level of ui modding has only been possible for about a year and hacking in tabs would be pretty hard. UI expansion dialogue was done by the same guy who made mgexe and mcp (hrnchamd) if that gives you any indication how difficult it is lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Don't different npcs have different reactions to the same topic? So how would that work if it's talking to caius or a temple priest or an imperial priest or a mage when you're asking about necromancy or vampires or soul sickness?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Don't different npcs have different reactions to the same topic? So how would that work if it's talking to caius or a temple priest or an imperial priest or a mage when you're asking about necromancy or vampires or soul sickness?

I was thinking that there could be tabs like: quests/unique dialogue, local area/general (rumours/advice/services/etc), lore (fauna/flora/soul sickness/etc). Something similar to that at least.

The tabs would be filters, pretty much.

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 8, 2021

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Any way to remove a summon using the console? I did the permanent summon thing using summon spell+soul trap, killed it, but I can't summon anything else now.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Edit: nvm misread

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
I made a 30-minute review / Let's Play of Skyrim: Home of the Nords.

Basically, SHotN owns:

~35 ish hours of content for a non-completionist.

The mod explores the Reachmen, the Redguard and even Breton cultures. And, sure, there are Nords as well. I guess.

The whole thing takes place in the Reach. The rest of Skyrim is WIP.

It has the largest forest ever seen in a TES game.

Two huge cities and about a dozen smaller settlements. When I say huge I mean it. Karthwasten is like three Balmoras. Dragonstar is merely two and a half Balmoras.

Playable with a level 1 fresh off the boat character.

The quality of the content is superior to Bethesda’s official expansions.

Morrowind nerds should play this.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
The review video is hip and cool (as are Necronormiecon's other videos) - y'all should like and subscribe. :bandwagon:

SHotN has released a bugfix update since: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44921

In other news: Province: Cyrodiil is now updated to the latest version of Tamriel_Data and can be played alongside TR and the new SHOTN release. This update does not contain any new content, but should be bug-free (relatively, please report any bugs in #bug_reports on the PT server). Download the latest update (v0.3 BETA) here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44922

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Necronormiecon posted:

I made a 30-minute review / Let's Play of Skyrim: Home of the Nords.

Basically, SHotN owns:

~35 ish hours of content for a non-completionist.

The mod explores the Reachmen, the Redguard and even Breton cultures. And, sure, there are Nords as well. I guess.

The whole thing takes place in the Reach. The rest of Skyrim is WIP.

It has the largest forest ever seen in a TES game.

Two huge cities and about a dozen smaller settlements. When I say huge I mean it. Karthwasten is like three Balmoras. Dragonstar is merely two and a half Balmoras.
You had my curiousity

quote:

Playable with a level 1 fresh off the boat character.

The quality of the content is superior to Bethesda’s official expansions.

Morrowind nerds should play this.

Now you have my attention.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
Hey all--I built a computer a few years back, and my heavily nodded install of Morrowind naturally broke when I tried to move it from my old laptop, so I just left it for a while. Now the itch is back, and I'm trying to start from scratch and get my new install to look and play like my old one. I got MGE, MCP, MOP, and TR all loaded without problems, but now I'm trying to find the graphics overhauler I used. I swear it was Morrowind Enhanced Overhaul, but I specifically remember the mod coming up with a checklist/install wizard when I activated it through the mod manager before--"do you want to install Vurt's Ashland Trees," "do you want to install the better harvesting mod," etc--and when I activated MEO through Mod Manager 2, it just installed without questions or confirmations and crashed the game when I tried to launch it afterwards. Is MEO the mod that used the install interface I remember? If so, does the version on Nexus just not use it anymore? Or am I installing it incorrectly?

EDIT: Searched my own posts in this thread on a whim. I guess it was Ornitocoptor's Morrowind Overhaul, and it's gone now? :sigh: I'll have to retrieve it from somewhere or find something else to use.

Cygna fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 15, 2021

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
If you have MGE-XE, MCP, and MOP, that's most of it taken care of. There's a few more thing you should get (like Patch for Purists) in the essentials section of the OP. Someone else can link whichever AI-based upscaled textures are the flavor of the month (since I'm on mobile). Don't worry about everything else - it was pretty poorly optimized.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ratspeaker posted:

Hey all--I built a computer a few years back, and my heavily nodded install of Morrowind naturally broke when I tried to move it from my old laptop, so I just left it for a while. Now the itch is back, and I'm trying to start from scratch and get my new install to look and play like my old one. I got MGE, MCP, MOP, and TR all loaded without problems, but now I'm trying to find the graphics overhauler I used. I swear it was Morrowind Enhanced Overhaul, but I specifically remember the mod coming up with a checklist/install wizard when I activated it through the mod manager before--"do you want to install Vurt's Ashland Trees," "do you want to install the better harvesting mod," etc--and when I activated MEO through Mod Manager 2, it just installed without questions or confirmations and crashed the game when I tried to launch it afterwards. Is MEO the mod that used the install interface I remember? If so, does the version on Nexus just not use it anymore? Or am I installing it incorrectly?

EDIT: Searched my own posts in this thread on a whim. I guess it was Ornitocoptor's Morrowind Overhaul, and it's gone now? :sigh: I'll have to retrieve it from somewhere or find something else to use.

the mod was renamed OUTDATED and has a ton of warnings on it to not use it, why would you try to search it out? do what daredevil says and just get the mods he lists plus https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47469 for textures, i guarantee you its faster and looks better than the cobbled together mess that was MGSO.

90% of the "modded install look" is from MGE-XE which adds shaders and allows higher resolution and distant land. the rest of MGSO was like... Bob's High Res Red Candle Pack, Bob's High Res Blue Candle Pack, DeathSlayerX Cavern Door Texture

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the mod was renamed OUTDATED and has a ton of warnings on it to not use it, why would you try to search it out?

well if they didn't find it, they wouldn't have seen the OUTDATED mark, would they?

and maybe they want to use it anyway to achieve the extremely specific aesthetic they're used to. like dude this "why would you ever do something i wouldn't do when modding morrowind" attitude is weird and it's not the first time you've sounded like that itt

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jazerus posted:

well if they didn't find it, they wouldn't have seen the OUTDATED mark, would they?

and maybe they want to use it anyway to achieve the extremely specific aesthetic they're used to. like dude this "why would you ever do something i wouldn't do when modding morrowind" attitude is weird and it's not the first time you've sounded like that itt

the mgso page is up (saying outdated) but the download has been disabled by the author

i'm giving some handy advice that you can achieve that same aesthetic with double the frame rate and half the hassle. if he wants to find an mgso download and use it go ahead. :angel:

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.

Jazerus posted:

If I remember correctly, that specific mod pack (MW Overhaul) is from an earlier generation of visual mods. Back then they didn’t seek to achieve artistic consistency with the rest of the game. It made Balmora look like poo poo by covering it with a very high detail dirt texture.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Necronormiecon posted:

If I remember correctly, that specific mod pack (MW Overhaul) is from an earlier generation of visual mods. Back then they didn’t seek to achieve artistic consistency with the rest of the game. It made Balmora look like poo poo by covering it with a very high detail dirt texture.

hey, i'm not recommending it. but if Ratspeaker's ideal morrowind is one where balmora has an 8K dirt texture then they should go for it

i haven't modded morrowind in a decade and i'm sure if i came back to it i would reflexively use a bunch of old junk because that's morrowind, to me

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I did do a quick search for any mirrors and saw that everyone else was yelling DO NOT USE, but I never had any major problems with it, so I'm still half tempted to try it again rather than installing all the mods I want piecemeal. I doubt I'll get lucky with it again, though, especially with the other overhaul mods being years newer and almost certainly incompatible by now. I'll probably end up going the recommended route and installing the mods listed in the current graphics guide.

E:

Jazerus posted:

i haven't modded morrowind in a decade and i'm sure if i came back to it i would reflexively use a bunch of old junk because that's morrowind, to me

Guilty as charged. Honestly, I never thought OMO looked that bad, but it could have just been that I was more lazy than picky.

Cygna fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 15, 2021

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Having recently gone through a reinstall (partially chronicled in this thread a few pages back), MGE and Mod Organizer 2 were the starting points for me. MGE alone gets you 90% of the way there, and the AI-upscale textures already mentioned gets you to 99%. The rest is gravy, really.

After that I’d recommend searching Nexus for quality of life mods rather than anything graphical (which can usually be installed and applied to existing saves without much hassle). There’s been a lot of advancement with lua modding in the last year or two that brings the game into this decade with things like expanded hotkeys, hover over containers to see and take contents, ability to pick up and move items freely in the world, etc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MGE XE plus Enhanced Morrowind upscale texture pack and a grass mod is all you really need for Morrowind to look really good. After that, and assuming you’re using MO2, it’s never been easier to drop poo poo in and season to taste.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Thanks--I'll probably put in the texture, grass, and tree packs tonight, then figure out what's left that I need. I also finally found the player house I used ages ago after hours of searching, and I am psyched to see whether it still works with anything. I couldn't find it on any of the big housing lists and was starting to think I'd imagined it.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Are there any options for OpenMW to have faster inventory management? Sorting through all the garbage I have carelessly thrown on the floor of my house and organizing it into containers in a new place but "click drag click, click drag click" gets old. I know that holding shift picks up a stack without a prompt which is nice but it would be cool to be able to ctrl+click to move something back and forth from a container. I think MWSE has options for this, but does OpenMW (which cannot use MWSE?)

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Not many people itt use OpenMW, but I bet you could find out in their discord (if you haven't already)

I've gotten to the point where I find the Morrowind Modding Showcases guy's verbal tics endearing. Bad sign.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Does anyone have that old gif of what I assume is a prowrestling entrance with Vivec and he has a cape?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Alikchi posted:

Not many people itt use OpenMW, but I bet you could find out in their discord (if you haven't already)

I've gotten to the point where I find the Morrowind Modding Showcases guy's verbal tics endearing. Bad sign.

I still don't know what nationality he is.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Whorelord posted:

I still don't know what nationality he is.

Hes said in an interview hes from Missouri lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah he's, hmm, yes, American but has an odd affected accent. He's a dorky guy but very likeable imo

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I feel like I am going insane.

Does anyone remember like really good Ordinators (like Russian level) wandering around conventions but they had spray painted themselves pink and they had giant dildo spears. They would stop in front of you and say, "We're watching you ... cum" and then giggle their dildo spears?

It would have been in the run-up to the Skyrim release. Did anybody else see these people?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

VinylonUnderground posted:

Does anyone remember like really good Ordinators (like Russian level) wandering around conventions but they had spray painted themselves pink and they had giant dildo spears. They would stop in front of you and say, "We're watching you ... cum" and then giggle their dildo spears?

It would have been in the run-up to the Skyrim release. Did anybody else see these people?

I think you're going insane

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mournhold: city of light! City of magic!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm a Russian level ordinator.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I believe you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I remember this! Just walking around a con minding my own business when I saw this fantastic Ordinator costume, but the colouring seemed off - I rubbed my eyes and considered maybe that he'd tried to recolour as a Tribunal guard or high Ordinator and really hosed it up, but by the time I was done, he was right up in my face with his giant floppy dildo ranting about cum and I was screaming and no, this did not happen, you are insane.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Morrowind the XXX Parody

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that was me

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Update: Thanks for the advice on sticking with MEO and not going for other geographic texture replacers. MEO has been playing very nicely with MGE and MOP, and the only additional graphics stuff I needed to install were a body replacer, face/clothes texture upgrades, and Vurt's trees (where they weren't already included by MEO) to make everything gorgeous and perfect. I've never had an install of Morrowind that's so delightfully stable; modding technology has really advanced over the past several years.

I was also extremely happy to find this as a modern option for a face replacer. Most of the big name head mods over the years have had a nasty habit of making elven women look like porcelain dolls, and I'm not about that at all.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Does anyone have that old gif of what I assume is a prowrestling entrance with Vivec and he has a cape?

You mean this one?

~*It was all a dream*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Yes! Thank you! It was surprisingly hard to google.