Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Both his sleeper and headlock are judo choke variations, one with elbows, HHH's was a half assed one and I believe it was meant to send a message

Yeah, when Trips is 'serious' about submissions I think that's when he broke out the Indian deathlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH kept trying to get a submission finisher over and it never worked, him trying to get the sleeper over sucked because HHH tried to get it over in the 1980's arm dropping way. Samoa Joe, Angle and Mox get it over by having it sold like a legit chokehold.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Royal Updog posted:

He beat Jeff Hardy with one too. TBF to HHH, sleepers are cool.

Also, Moxley has brought the sleeper back effortlessly.

Also also, Mox is straight up winning matches with headlocks and looking cool

You can beat someone strong using a standing armbar if you do a really great standing armbar and your opponent sells it well.

You can look like dogshit beating someone with a phoenix splash if your phoenix splash looks like dogshit

Just about the most protected move in New Japan (with good reason because it looks loving awesome!) is basically a short-arm clothesline.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
The Main Event Sleeper, you’ll wake up on heat. Triple H being the least secure main eventer in history has had long term consequences in terms of only a tiny list of people being allowed to get over. Look at the desolation of the early 2000s. The dearth of main event wrestlers is still being felt today.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

The Main Event Sleeper, you’ll wake up on heat. Triple H being the least secure main eventer in history has had long term consequences in terms of only a tiny list of people being allowed to get over. Look at the desolation of the early 2000s. The dearth of main event wrestlers is still being felt today.

I remember a video game magazine writer saying that when previewing a WWE game, the screenshots could not show HHH in a vulnerable position

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HidaO-Win posted:

Imagine your hero being 16-time world champion Ric Flair and not realizing he only won about 16 matches.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dawgstar posted:

Imagine your hero being 16-time world champion Ric Flair and not realizing he only won about 16 matches.
"I can exceed Ric Flair by winning more and putting myself over!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

RVD pointing out that it means he lost the title 16 times was hilarious

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RVD and Ric Flair are very similar wrestlers. Insanely charismatic and their matches are all their usual gaga in various orders. This is my "hot take."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Royal Updog posted:

RVD and Ric Flair are very similar wrestlers. Insanely charismatic and their matches are all their usual gaga in various orders. This is my "hot take."

That's basically every American main event wrestler except HHH, who doesn't have any interesting gaga.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!
He spits water and dresses like Conan while driving a terminator bike and is still somehow lame

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i enjoy the work of the rear end Kicker, the Cerebral Bore, the King of Kong, Triple H.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

You can beat someone strong using a standing armbar if you do a really great standing armbar and your opponent sells it well.

You can look like dogshit beating someone with a phoenix splash if your phoenix splash looks like dogshit

Just about the most protected move in New Japan (with good reason because it looks loving awesome!) is basically a short-arm clothesline.

Hell, the most protected move in AEW (or at least tied for most protected) is just a back elbow.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eat My Fuc posted:

i enjoy the work of the rear end Kicker, the Cerebral Bore, the King of Kong, Triple H.

Remember when they pushed to get over "Try" as an HHH nickname? That was a fun month.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Triple H owns, best royal rumble winner of the last decade

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Remember when they pushed to get over "Try" as an HHH nickname? That was a fun month.

I still call him this when we hang out.

Unironically, I love most of what HHH has done, except NXT. I can’t remember the last bad match he had that didn’t also entertain me greatly like the Saudi clusterfuck.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Semp was getting hot on Twitter yesterday about people calling in with Benoit questions I think? It maybe trolling him with them? Can anyone clear up what went down?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

HidaO-Win posted:

"People not getting over" is just what WWE is now.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

flashy_mcflash posted:

Semp was getting hot on Twitter yesterday about people calling in with Benoit questions I think? It maybe trolling him with them? Can anyone clear up what went down?

someone in back??

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can anyone clear up what went down?

Chris Benoit killed his family.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

Chris Benoit killed his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdJLa70m-VA

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
on the juice big time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

lmfao

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I actually laughed out loud at that.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm not sure whether to take this as a compliment or as a deadly insult.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Great photo!

https://twitter.com/Lukavitch086/status/1360263606881902595

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh my god Dave reviewing the Bible for believability

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

He gave Jacob vs. The Angel *1/4. Feels harsh, I think they did what they needed to do for the story they were telling.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

so anyway, Jesus is selling and selling and selling, he’s not moving at all and then after three of days we’re supposed to believe he’s totally fine and showing up to Mary Magdalene and the disciples?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so anyway, Jesus is selling and selling and selling, he’s not moving at all and then after three of days we’re supposed to believe he’s totally fine and showing up to Mary Magdalene and the disciples?

I mean really, you beat a guy down like that you’d expect him to be gone for weeks selling the injury. But he was right back the first show after the PPV!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the worst part of the match was when longinus ran in and hit jesus with a spear right in front of the ref. jesus is bleeding everywhere, except they hosed up the gimmick so theres water clearly coming out of the wound, and no DQ from the ref whatsoever. un frickin' believable

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Turns out it was all a double-cross so the Romans could raid His gimmicks and put asses in the seats

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So then, the mentality is, that God so loved *smoke alarm chirp*, that he gave his one and only son--can you imagine if Vince McMahon did that? Friz maight have done it. That would've gotten really over with the teenage girls, don't you think? *Bryan gurnts*--so anyway, that whoever *smoke alarm chirp* shall not perish but have eternal life. That's the mentality.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

so they toss this poor guy into a CAVE. they put a big ROCK in front of the cave so he can't get out, even though he's still selling the whole crucifixion gimmick, but whatever. THEN, we go to a break, and when we come back, all of a sudden he's in the middle of his comeback!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The latest Rudo Recap for this week's AEW Dynamite is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBKaN1HlPi0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave stopping for a second to consider all the wrestling he could catch up on if he lived for 1000 years :allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Dave stopping for a second to consider all the wrestling he could catch up on if he lived for 1000 years :allears:

There would always be more ...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

dave's gonna be the first person to have their brain put into a cyborg body and upon booting up he's gonna ask the neurosurgeon if they've seen nick bockwinkel vs jumbo tsuruta

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Joey McChrist posted:

dave's gonna be the first person to have their brain put into a cyborg body and upon booting up he's gonna ask the neurosurgeon if they've seen nick bockwinkel vs jumbo tsuruta

Bold of you to assume that Dave isn't already a robot. The Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco bit from a few years ago was a rare hardware failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1360435981690671104

Oh ho!