Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shame he's not a papist so he won't have a life size portrait of Cardinal Richelieu in his office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Shame he's not a papist so he won't have a life size portrait of Cardinal Richelieu in his office.

Easterby has a framed photo of himself shaking hands with Rasputin.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Crossquotin’

:laffo:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Easterby purging Texans like Stalin took out generals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fsif posted:

This is all just so baffling. Everyone sees this aw shucks rear end in a top hat coming from a mile away and no one can stop him because, like, I guess Cal thinks God sent Jack?

I 100% believe Jack led Cal into being born again and Cal will let the team die before he turns on his savior

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Easterby purging Texans like Stalin took out generals.

I mean he hasn't forced the people he has sacked to publicly apologize for their crimes against the Texans but give it another year or so and they should start happening.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Intruder posted:

I 100% believe Jack led Cal into being born again and Cal will let the team die before he turns on his savior

i always figured it was his second wife and the reason easterby got this far was because of his jesus connections rather than the other way around

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
LMAO

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1359546247095480321

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

"The 30 for 30 of this will be great!" is one of the more pointless white noise sports clichés at this point, but the 30 for 30 of this will actually be great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The closest analog is former SK president Park Geun-hye.

She was insanely corrupt generally, but the breaking point was falling under the influence of some cult leader who was defrauding the SK government of millions of dollars, all to help train her daughter in equestrian sports in the hopes of her competing in the Tokyo olympics.

Like imagine this in houston after deshaun is traded to carolina for bridgewater and some guest passes to the Billy Graham museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_PuAXX0lw

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

"The 30 for 30 of this will be great!" is one of the more pointless white noise sports clichés at this point, but the 30 for 30 of this will actually be great.

At the rate this is going, it’s gonna rival O.J.: Made in America.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

I thought this was the Jack Easterby doc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EGSWpBDbho

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

this was his undoing. jack easterby read the book and now knows all about continuous leadership success. so what's jack need jamey hanging around for?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Magicpants posted:

this was his undoing. jack easterby read the book and now knows all about continuous leadership success. so what's jack need jamey hanging around for?

Jesus had the most continuous success on the cross

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

:laffo:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Easterby drove this guy clean out of the league. Rootes is taking a professorship at UH.

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
i really want easterby to name himself new head coach midway through the season because it increases the chance we hear the phrase "we audibled to christ" at a press conference from zero to non-zero.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I want more medieval politics so Easterby declares himself coach only to get counter couped by the assistant coach.

Go full war of the roses

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Poco posted:

i really want easterby to name himself new head coach midway through the season because it increases the chance we hear the phrase "we audibled to christ" at a press conference from zero to non-zero.

There's already a non-zero chance with Culley tbf

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

There's already a non-zero chance with Culley tbf

In case anyone is curious, and because I went a looked this up back during the regular season, only one head coach has ever been fired mid-season of their first year with a team: Pete McCulley for the 1978 San Francisco 49ers. In that era, Eddie DeBartolo fired four coaches in less than three years before hiring Bill Walsh in '79.

That said, I'm putting nothing Easterby taking the word of God to make himself coach and make Jerry Jones the most jealous he's ever been in his life.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

there's gonna be some sideline prayer for sure

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I find it highly unlikely Culley is fired within the next, say, three years unless Cal breaks Easterby's spell

When I said non-zero chance I meant the Jesus stuff

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rob Gronkowski suffered countless serious injuries to his brain and body in service of winning your team multiple Super Bowls and you're salty he decided to leave the game for a year to get healthy and be in control of his own destiny? Get hosed.

I love Gronk, how could you misunderstand this

Parallelwoody posted:

He threatened to retire rather than go to Detroit when the Lions put together a package to trade for him which torpedoed the deal. Calm the gently caress down.

This is a hilariously wise way to avoid the Detroit Lions!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Easterby will be playing under center by week 6.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1359941673078374400

Nov 6, 2002

You gotta kinda admire the grift.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

How many teams have character coaches?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol I went googling for the answer to my question and I found a puff piece the Pats did on Easterby

https://www.patriots.com/news/you-don-t-know-jack-the-most-influential-patriot-you-ve-never-heard-of

lot of funny stuff in here

quote:

"Right away, faces light up. Moods soften. Any tension or formality quickly evaporates at the mention of Jack Easterby."

"Man," longtime special teams co-captain Matthew Slater exclaims, "I can only hope and pray to be half the man that [Jack]'s been and impact lives the way he has."

So, what exactly does Easterby do for the Patriots? He boils it down to this.

"How can I leave everyone I interact with better than I found them?"

Results may vary from person to person, but on this, there is consensus: Easterby is succeeding.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1359943163490820107

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

You gotta kinda admire the grift.

I keep thinking about how BoB lucked into a power vacuum and he just took advantage of it in that small-time hood kinda way of trying to do whatever he could for himself in the short term, then this genuine gangster shows up and starts grifting on a whole other level and puts BoB on his rear end, then starts slowly taking out his enemies one by one trying to become Taxans Emperor For Life. It's truly amazing.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rooster Brooster posted:

I keep thinking about how BoB lucked into a power vacuum and he just took advantage of it in that small-time hood kinda way of trying to do whatever he could for himself in the short term, then this genuine gangster shows up and starts grifting on a whole other level and puts BoB on his rear end, then starts slowly taking out his enemies one by one trying to become Taxans Emperor For Life. It's truly amazing.

I'm loving this metaphor lmao

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ehud posted:

lol I went googling for the answer to my question and I found a puff piece the Pats did on Easterby

https://www.patriots.com/news/you-don-t-know-jack-the-most-influential-patriot-you-ve-never-heard-of

lot of funny stuff in here

yall mocked us for spygate and deflategate, this is what you have wrought. our greatest con yet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

How many teams have character coaches?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He's on the team plane, on the road whenever the team travels, and on almost every Patriot's Favorite-Person-They've-Ever-Met List.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
There's more of a connection than just playing on a team Easterby was a character coach for...
https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1359943179664056321

Nov 6, 2002

Your #1 and #3 are the same loving thing Easterby.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I love everything about this saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

To get into Easterby's sphere of grift you just have to nod your head 100/min while he talks.