Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

golden bubble posted:

In the branch offices shown in the Wonderlab comic, clerks have to be recruited and hired. So the department leaders don't treat them nearly as disposable as X/A treats the clerks here. For one thing, they've never used or mentioned execution bullets in Wonderlab.

I imagine employees in general are much less disposable when you can't just go and use magic time powers to bring them back exactly as before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Eopia posted:

I imagine employees in general are much less disposable when you can't just go and use magic time powers to bring them back exactly as before.
Management still makes departament-wiping abnormalities breach, because it makes more energy in the end. And agents are sent to department without complete briefing on what is down there, even though they get abnormalities with actual instructions and not just here is the box, figure out how to make whateve in it not kill everyone like we do.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

MiiNiPaa posted:

And agents are sent to department without complete briefing on what is down there, even though they get abnormalities with actual instructions and not just here is the box, figure out how to make whateve in it not kill everyone like we do.
Knowledge isn't instructions, it's (their) pain plus (your) observation.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

MiiNiPaa posted:

Management still makes departament-wiping abnormalities breach, because it makes more energy in the end. And agents are sent to department without complete briefing on what is down there, even though they get abnormalities with actual instructions and not just here is the box, figure out how to make whateve in it not kill everyone like we do.

Two ALEPH grade abnormalities breach at the same time in Wonderlab. It goes as well as you'd think.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Intoluene posted:

Two ALEPH grade abnormalities breach at the same time in Wonderlab. It goes as well as you'd think.

It's ok, they have a Catte.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
A thing to note is that the comic empathizes that.... all the levels of the abnormalities can be dangerous as balls. And the gear's power is dramatically more powerful than regular stuff. I like the idea where they sort of show more of the power of synchronizing with the gear in the vein of the Red Mist. A certain someone using TETH gear seems a fine showcase of this.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Huh, if Lob Corp became a Wing because Ego are fancy and cool, are the other subsidiaries actually manufacturing Ego for use in other places instead of producing energy? Or is energy production still the main driver?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that all EGO creation is handled by the Extraction department (ie, Binah), and that department only exists at HQ. So they can't exactly mass produce EGO, meaning it's unlikely that it's used for anything other than agents handling abnormalities.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Wait a second, something seems off.
I don’t know why but my brain is saying that and it’s confusing.

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Something tells me it may not be so easy to contain His radiance...

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Honestly it seems like said radiance is spreading.

PS: thanks whoever you are.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Don't worry, I know how to handle radiance. We already have a wyrm, so now we just need some insects...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Elfface posted:

Don't worry, I know how to handle radiance. We already have a wyrm, so now we just need some insects...

And a hardware store.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

after reading the last update I imagined a Not-Bodhisattva abnormality chuckling the gently caress out with the Dragon

"then that usurper, false godling, tried to call us pretenders, PRETENDERS! You, the Enlightened One; me, the Great Dragon... PRETENDERS. We must strive to abide to your teachings, of course, but I learned a wise lesson among the westerners as well: talk poo poo, get hit. What's that? 'You come at the King, you better not miss'? Oooh, I like that one too. Anyway, so I went down on that bloviating rear end in a top hat like this..."

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

"then that usurper, false godling, tried to call us pretenders, PRETENDERS! You, the Enlightened One; me, the Great Dragon... PRETENDERS. We must strive to abide to your teachings, of course, but I learned a wise lesson among the westerners as well: talk poo poo, get hit. What's that? 'You come at the King, you better not miss'? Oooh, I like that one too. Anyway, so I went down on that bloviating rear end in a top hat like this..."

*nods*

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It's time for a general update State of the LP thingy, because an unexpected event is coming! Specifically, I'm going on vacation! :dance:

I've got one week left at work, which I'll be using to get through the last Day 41 (I promise) and Day 42's suppression. I don't foresee any issues with getting that done if I keep going at my usual rate. After that I'm taking a week off, which means no thread updates until I go back.

I'm going to try to grab footage for the rest of the game at some point during my downtime. With any luck I'll be able to get everything done through day 50, but since endgame can be a little bit tricky I mostly just want to get as ahead of the curve as I can. I'll still keep an eye on the thread, of course, I just won't be writing any official updates.

That's all I've got! Thanks for your time, and have a great day.

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
Well, if the manager isn't going to be around for some time, I guess we can just follow Zeta21's example, and go on break.

In real talk: enjoy the time away from life that you can. We promise* we won't burn the facility down while you're gone :wave:

* not really, but it's a nice gesture at least!

SOLarian
Oct 29, 2012
Pillbug
Nice new Avatar TQ

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

TeeQueue posted:

It's time for a general update State of the LP thingy, because an unexpected event is coming! Specifically, I'm going on vacation! :dance:

Have a great time! Also, awesome new avatar.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It is really cool and a second thanks to whomever did the thing. :allears:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The manager's taking advantage of that W Corp travel package I hear the agents go on about.

Have a good one!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah we're probably gonna be fine while you're gone.

*fifth trumpet immediately starts blaring*

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Yeah we're probably gonna be fine while you're gone.

*fifth trumpet immediately starts blaring*

The nuke goes off and you're fired at 4th trumpet so we can't hear fifth trumpet!

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

The nuke goes off and you're fired at 4th trumpet so we can't hear fifth trumpet!

Where did you get this translation? Currently manual uses different translation:

Also, you can (prresumably) see effect of Fourth Trumpet in Wonderlab.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 11, 2021

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thats the original manual.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/568220/announcements/detail/1438191146263130763

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Kind of weird that it goes Fourth Trumpet (facility go boom), Fifth Trumpet (undefined), Sixth Trumpet (company go boom), Seventh Trumpet (world go boom). I guess Fifth would be, like, the whole region going boom or something?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Qrr posted:

Kind of weird that it goes Fourth Trumpet (facility go boom), Fifth Trumpet (undefined), Sixth Trumpet (company go boom), Seventh Trumpet (world go boom). I guess Fifth would be, like, the whole region going boom or something?

Fifth is "poo poo is going down in a bunch of our facilities, and the company is reeling, but still afloat". Sixth is "gently caress, the company's sinking", and Seventh is "welp, our hubris ended humanity".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The page dealing with the Fifth Trumpet got lost in a filing accident years ago.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Qrr posted:

Fifth is multiple facilities have set off their nukes.

Unfortunately I think a lot of anomalies would just be made stronger by a nuke...

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

hobbesmaster posted:

Fifth is multiple facilities have set off their nukes.

Unfortunately I think a lot of anomalies would just be made stronger by a nuke...

Technically there are no nukes. Just some explosives cutting off underground parts of facilities and sealing everything inside.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The nukes thing is an SCP idea, but for all the, ah, similarities, not everything from that particular setting is present here, yeah.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Somehow I highly doubt that burying basically any ALEPH is going to keep them there for long.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

MiiNiPaa posted:

Technically there are no nukes. Just some explosives cutting off underground parts of facilities and sealing everything inside.

Eh, good enough. We don't have any mole abnormalities or anything like that that could dig out of there.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I think the fifth trumpet has only once been played, and it was done on a space station. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI89FfIEYU4

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Eh, good enough. We don't have any mole abnormalities or anything like that that could dig out of there.

Amber Ordeals burrow. Also there are -45/46 who teleports and does some strange stuff, -53, -63 who teleports, -64 who teleports, -71 who teleports, -72, -84, -106...

the Orb of Zot posted:

Somehow I highly doubt that burying basically any ALEPH is going to keep them there for long.

Judging by "Allocating 20% Cogito" work quote, maybe Abnormalities have to be regulary fed Cogito or they will return back to the River.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Judging by "Allocating 20% Cogito" work quote, maybe Abnormalities have to be regulary fed Cogito or they will return back to the River.

Cogito, ergo sum?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Take whatever time you need TQ! It sounds like a vacation well earned for many reasons, the LP included.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

MiiNiPaa posted:

Amber Ordeals burrow. Also there are -45/46 who teleports and does some strange stuff, -53, -63 who teleports, -64 who teleports, -71 who teleports, -72, -84, -106...

Meh, they probably have a maximum range that they can-

Hey, anyone else hears that pecking sound coming from the ground?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MiiNiPaa posted:

The 4th trumpet logo is the radiation trefoil, I’d say they’d pretty clear what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

The 4th trumpet logo is the radiation trefoil, I’d say they’d pretty clear what it is.

Maybe it's not a nuke but rather they're irradiating the whole facility to "sterilize" it.