Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I'm really interested in listening to it. How much does Gabrus stick to his schtick? I'm not interested in someone screaming CUM every 15 seconds, if it's meant to be a serious discussion.

It’s a more serious discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mariooncrack posted:

It’s a more serious discussion.

It's weird because as much Gabrus comes across as a guy who may yell CUM every 15 seconds I find him to be one of the more open and honest podcasters out there. I suppose partially because he doesn't hold anything back. I like Gabrus and if I wanted to hear "real talk" about a topic he'd be a solid choice. He tests the boundaries, yeah but he's one of the more vulnerable people out there. I'm not sure if painting him as a guy who yells "cum" every 15 seconds is doing him justice or even that correct.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Absolutely. I don't even really get how that description of him forms.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Absolutely. I don't even really get how that description of him forms.

I can see that being your take away if you only know Gabrus from his Doughboys live performances.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

I can see that being your take away if you only know Gabrus from his Doughboys live performances.

Lol. I know Gabrus from CBB and I4H and Action Boyz and all that. I stand by my assessment.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Gabrus gives me real 'tears of a clown' vibe. That man is definitely always sobbing when no one is around.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Just keep submitting it until it makes it

Also what episode is that from, I could've sworn it was a High & Mighty Power Hour

Yea it's from one of them.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Gabrus gives me real 'tears of a clown' vibe. That man is definitely always sobbing when no one is around.

He ate a dead snake off the parking lot ground in college to impress whatever party he was at. I really like him and respect his comedy and honesty, but there is some real sad stuff behind those eyes too.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I mean if we have to live with the things that we ate off the ground in college then I am in trouble. Or the amount of times I puked in a McDonald’s. Etc.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Gabrus is nothing. He's navel lint. He has to lie to women to get laid. And he doesn't score much. He's got a really small dick, it's pathetic.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

crimedog posted:

Gabrus is nothing. He's navel lint. He has to lie to women to get laid. And he doesn't score much. He's got a really small dick, it's pathetic.

And that's just his Twitter bio!

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
Gabrus...is gud!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

listening to doughboys for the second time in the covid era because THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I used to be a proud Burger Brigade veteran, but Wiger's deranged disinterest in foreign cultures has turned me into a reluctant member of Spoon Nation.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I used to be a proud Burger Brigade veteran, but Wiger's deranged disinterest in foreign cultures has turned me into a reluctant member of Spoon Nation.

I think you mean Mr Sliceistan

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Wiger is right. Travel is overrated.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Wiger is right. Travel is overrated.

I kinda get where’s he’s coming from. I like being in other places a lot but I hate the actual traveling part

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

You now ally with the man who pretends to enjoy travel but mentally ranks everything on how it compares (unfavorably) to a suburb of Boston

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

You now ally with the man who pretends to enjoy travel but mentally ranks everything on how it compares (unfavorably) to a suburb of Boston

Noooooooo!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

4chain

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drunkboxer posted:

I kinda get where’s he’s coming from. I like being in other places a lot but I hate the actual traveling part

I think a lot of people underestimate how out of reach travel is if your family did not have the means to do so as a child. My family never took vacations and once I moved out in my early 20s I was just barely making enough to afford my rent.

I had enough interest to want to see other places, but if you don’t build the travel habit early I don’t think you get the same itch others do. I know people who get antsy if they go more than 4 months without travelling and I can’t say it’s the same for me.

I took my first plane when I was 29 with my partner for a trip to Europe, and unfortunately on our second day in Paris the terrorist attacks happened.

Thankfully I didn’t let it hold me back and have travelled a good amount since, but I think people underestimate how difficult it can be to travel for some people.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I'm not really complaining because I listened to all of it but lmao they could have easily cut 40 minutes of half-remembered Ithaca bullshitting

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Well I can't wait to hear about this.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

WEH posted:

I'm not really complaining because I listened to all of it but lmao they could have easily cut 40 minutes of half-remembered Ithaca bullshitting

There's nothing Mitch loves more than knowing about places that other people know about.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

WEH posted:

What? That was hilarious, I like how Mitch thought it was a gas station and watching 9/11 in the student center, Andy Daly recounting bad restaurant jobs in that town. I don't know anything about Ithaca and it was fun content.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What? That was hilarious, I like how Mitch thought it was a gas station and watching 9/11 in the student center, Andy Daly recounting bad restaurant jobs in that town. I don't know anything about Ithaca and it was fun content.

Ithaca is gorges, according to a t-shirt I used to see a lot.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I liked the stories, but it felt like they were in between a lot of "oh do you know this restaurant/building/whatever," which got kinda grating without the shared context.

I was doing the dishes while listening to the first half so maybe I was just grumpy lmao

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was thrown off from the promo pic. Andy Daly - just like everyone else - has clearly seen some poo poo in the last year.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My parents went to Ithaca, and they both had dramatically different experiences than Mitch or Andy Daly. Of course, they went there in the early 70's, so 😂

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Did I miss a steamed ham reference? I figured with the Ithaca talk and 5 guys it was inevitable.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mariooncrack posted:

Did I miss a steamed ham reference? I figured with the Ithaca talk and 5 guys it was inevitable.

That was Utica.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

The Ape of Naples posted:

That was Utica.

It's really more of an Albany expression.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
ICYMI:

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1360368434014392320

Wiger's gonna Remember Some Guys next week.

Also:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1359978363570384899

Whatever Munch Madness is this year, the finale is going to be a live event

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
drat, Wiger. Shave that gross thing you look like a sex criminal

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The people on r/doughboys melting down about Five Guys getting low scores is pretty funny.

It’s just not that gud, East Coasters.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I've only had Five Guys once in my life, and while it certainly is better than the macro-chains like McD or BK, it was an utterly forgettable experience. 3 forks.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

The people on r/doughboys melting down about Five Guys getting low scores is pretty funny.

It’s just not that gud, East Coasters.

I live near a five guys and a shake shack, and I prefer shake shack when it really comes down to it. Five Guys burgers are very good, but it's just too drat expensive, and even a small fries has way too many.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Five Guys is great when you want your burger to steam in foil the whole way home so you can eat a soggy mess

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Five Guys is really good, but I would never travel with it or get it delivered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
The idea that anyone takes doughboys ratings seriously is baffling