Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Got really jealous yesterday commuting in my car in -10c degrees, a guy on an Africa Twin came behind, passed me and rode on to the horizon.

Really wish the snow was gone already and it was at least 5 degrees, could start riding my bike again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When I woke up this morning it was -2F

This article is the only thing keeping me going right now: https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2021-02-10-spring-temperature-outlook-united-states

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Down to 24 here in Dallas and I still commuted in as I have all sorts of cold weather gear, my neighbor has an Indian Scout, has only ever lived here in Texas and just froze on his commute. Though on the plus side out here there's no freakin' road salt. On the bad side, no one can drive at the hint of winter weather, mutli-car pileups all over the place.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
JSB understands.

Single-digit highs (F) next week with some lows around -15.

Basically like -13C to -26C it's going to be great over here what's up gorson

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Was I supposed in the gang tag thread before it closed to get one of those? I wanted a CA dreaming and suzuki one

Megabook
Mar 13, 2019

Grimey Drawer

MomJeans420 posted:

Was I supposed in the gang tag thread before it closed to get one of those? I wanted a CA dreaming and suzuki one
I was after those two as well. Is there any chance use people who rely on our bookmarked threads could get tags?
edit: Slavvy forgot to ask for the KTM one as well!

Megabook fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 11, 2021

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

JSB understands.

Single-digit highs (F) next week with some lows around -15.

Basically like -13C to -26C it's going to be great over here what's up gorson

:(

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
haha nice now they're predicting -24 for tonight get in bitches

-31C for those of you that don't have systems of measuring based on the temperature of human blood for some reason

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 11, 2021

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It's going to be in the 70s and sunny next week here, but I haven't been in the canyons for a while and there's probably still snow/ice, rock fall, etc, so I guess I'm better off just riding around town.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Megabook posted:

I was after those two as well. Is there any chance use people who rely on our bookmarked threads could get tags?

gently caress me I missed the second thread entirely.

MomJeans420 posted:

It's going to be in the 70s and sunny next week here, but I haven't been in the canyons for a while and there's probably still snow/ice, rock fall, etc, so I guess I'm better off just riding around town.

It rained the other day unexpectedly and I actually got wet on the bike, was very uncomfortable!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

You bastard.

I haven't been able to ride out because the roads are basically icey deathtraps.

The -10C + high winds doesn't help matters.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Megabook posted:

oh nards I missed it too, I was gonna ask for an Excitebike one

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

It rained the other day unexpectedly and I actually got wet on the bike, was very uncomfortable!

I asked for a ktm one for you so I don’t know what happened.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'm hoping to be a motorcycle owner by next week if all goes well so I can enjoy this:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m working on unfucking slavvys av in general so that is dependent on the admins. I’ll work on the others, I GUESS

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Russian Bear posted:

I'm hoping to be a motorcycle owner by next week if all goes well so I can enjoy this:

drat you Arizonians!!!! :argh:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m working on unfucking slavvys av in general so that is dependent on the admins. I’ll work on the others, I GUESS

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmao

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

haha nice

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

gently caress so did I. The cost of going outside and doing bike things is high.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

Glad you didn’t wash away, I heard it usually flash floods when it rains in the outback.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

ScoMo should do something about that.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Skreemer posted:

Down to 24 here in Dallas and I still commuted in as I have all sorts of cold weather gear, my neighbor has an Indian Scout, has only ever lived here in Texas and just froze on his commute. Though on the plus side out here there's no freakin' road salt. On the bad side, no one can drive at the hint of winter weather, mutli-car pileups all over the place.

For real...

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weather/2021/02/11/winter-weather-causes-hazardous-conditions-on-north-texas-roads/

133 cars and 6 dead wtf

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When I woke up this morning it was -2F

This article is the only thing keeping me going right now: https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/2021-02-10-spring-temperature-outlook-united-states

Yeah Im happy theyre forecasting warmer temps here too. Though still subzero longterm :(

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Steakandchips posted:

ScoMo should do something about that.

Preferably walk into the sea and never come back, a la Harold Holt.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Sweet thanks for the gang tags JSB

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes: no sweat

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Well holy gently caress I asked for something punishing but this is absolutely next level.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

man I thought the KTM one was mean, but this...

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Change it back. Change it back!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
:drat:

Next level mean right there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MomJeans420 posted:

Sweet thanks for the gang tags JSB

oh hey yeah thank you

Slavvy posted:

Well holy gently caress I asked for something punishing but this is absolutely next level.

harsh

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

Ahaha brilliant

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Live by the avatar changing sword, die by the avatar changing sword :getin:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Ahahahaha!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat, Gladiuses are super cheap on the used market; thanks, slav!

:suzuki:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They’re a really badly styled SV650. So they aren’t terrible bikes. But man are they badly styled, and that ad campaign holy lol. jamiroquai lookin rear end ads

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Fortnine featured the gladius in that semi recent underpriced bike video for a reason.

Bah, I missed the 2nd gang tag thread, but there is no reindeer fur or Hondas available :norway:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They’re a really badly styled SV650. So they aren’t terrible bikes. But man are they badly styled, and that ad campaign holy lol. jamiroquai lookin rear end ads

No, I know they're hideous but drat if I care. I'd be happy to buy a cheap SFV just to see what the platform is like. I'd probably be happier on a Gladius than on like a Bonnie or a Guzzi V7 or something else pretty that I've never ridden but I assume will be heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Honestly it’s probably the cheapest way to get into a fuel injected SV650