Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wonder who "has an accident in switzerland" next, my money's on either seb or lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Speaking as someone who races vintage sidecars it seems clear to me that bicycles are disgusting murder machines, unsafe for human use, and should be banned

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JlX9y-o3oo

Literally safer than riding a bike on public roads

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

lmao get a peloton you rich gently caress

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

OhsH posted:

stop riding bikes on asphalt

Get
Out

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Speaking as someone who races vintage sidecars it seems clear to me that bicycles are disgusting murder machines, unsafe for human use, and should be banned

are you the bike or the sidecar person

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There’s a Canadian motorbike youtuber who pretty much pointed out that e-bike accident rates and outcomes are way way worse than motorbike accidents lmao

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

on some dirt trails?? i fuckin wish buddy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Road biking is dumb as gently caress because motorists are overwhelmingly incompetent shitheads. I have to force myself not to wince when I see some rear end in a top hat in a car overtake a cyclist without leaving 6ft of space.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ilmucche posted:

are you the bikeperson or the sidecar personballast

ftfy

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brivio got rid of Alonso a lot sooner than I thought he would

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just bring in Bernie's sprinkler idea in qualli and be done with it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Grosjean getting a seat would be nice.

I'm sure the more insufferable parts of the internet are chanting Hulkenberg's name as we speak.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Maybe get some proper bikelanes and infrastructure.
We Dutchies fixes this problem ages ago, we haven't found a fix for walls yet though.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Zedd posted:

We Dutchies fixes this problem ages ago, we haven't found a fix for walls yet though.

nor has max

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Road biking is dumb as gently caress because motorists are overwhelmingly incompetent shitheads. I have to force myself not to wince when I see some rear end in a top hat in a car overtake a cyclist without leaving 6ft of space.

Just praying for death anyway when I’m riding tbh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the corona quid posted:

There’s a Canadian motorbike youtuber who pretty much pointed out that e-bike accident rates and outcomes are way way worse than motorbike accidents lmao
Is that F9? He is correct about many things but drat he's ugly

ilmucche posted:

are you the bike or the sidecar person
You mean the driver or the monkey? That's me on the left. Also I have been in multiple sidecar race crashes with no injuries, and I have a visor from an old helmet with a huge scrape on it where I came half off the rig on the top of the back hill at NHMS and scraped my head on the track but didn't fall off. So I feel bad for Fernando who is forced to do such dangerous low class activities as bicycling.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He’s from Saskatchewan 🤷🏼‍♂️

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the corona quid posted:

He’s from Saskatchewan 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why did that make me think of Chris Jericho yelling I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
How do I reconcile my preference for bicycles over cars as a general principle with my preference for F1 over whatever the motorcycle one is called?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

bgreman posted:

How do I reconcile my preference for bicycles over cars as a general principle with my preference for F1 over whatever the motorcycle one is called?

You like being a pretentious dick in life, hth

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

bgreman posted:

Both choices seem to suggest very poor cognitive skills due to an insufficiently broad gene pool, are you from Britain or the Netherlands?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zedd posted:

Maybe get some proper bikelanes and infrastructure.

What happens when the cyclist is too smooth brained to use the perfectly good cycle lane 6 feet to their left and decides instead to get in the way of people who aren't cretinous enough to commute to work on a children's toy.

Ban bikes for anybody over the age of 12 imo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

jazzyhattrick posted:

What happens when the cyclist is too smooth brained to use the perfectly good cycle lane 6 feet to their left and decides instead to get in the way of people who aren't cretinous enough to commute to work on a children's toy.

Ban bikes for anybody over the age of 12 imo.

Nothing happens because a bike has the same right to use the road as a car hth

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

You mean the driver or the monkey? That's me on the left. Also I have been in multiple sidecar race crashes with no injuries, and I have a visor from an old helmet with a huge scrape on it where I came half off the rig on the top of the back hill at NHMS and scraped my head on the track but didn't fall off. So I feel bad for Fernando who is forced to do such dangerous low class activities as bicycling.

This is pretty rad! What does the sidecar monkey do when turning the other direction - straddle the bike?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i couldn't think of anything less fun to do than cycle on the roads hoping that some dumbass car driver isn't going to hit me, plus having to dress up in lycra with someone elses sponsor logos like im doing the tour de france on some dreary rear end road. Maybe if I lived in the south of france or something, I'll stick to forest paths and canalways for cycling thanks.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
https://twitter.com/AlpineF1Team/status/1360174829115219978?s=20

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glad he's okay, #KeepFightingFernando

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why are they typing in all caps, are they mad he didn’t die

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Imagine biking gross.

Rowing now that's the real sport.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Once again, Ferrari owns, by using the best possible image of Alonso they could have:

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1360209557398704129

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Failnando Badlolslow

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

That looks amazing.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Fernando is in bed yelling at the doctors and nurses that he's in a 'GP2 HOSPITAL'

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theophany posted:

Failnando Badlolslow

Failnando Albonslow (because he's as slow as Albon)

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love riding my bicycles all the time

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
im glad nando is okay

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1360252838354571266

the sf21 is alive

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm hearing a few teams are officially going to be running a B version of last year's car, that's got to be the first time since the mid 2000s hasn't it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

I'm hearing a few teams are officially going to be running a B version of last year's car, that's got to be the first time since the mid 2000s hasn't it?

Ferrari already getting the excuses in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Once again, Ferrari owns, by using the best possible image of Alonso they could have:

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1360209557398704129
That should be the Ferrari emoji

CancerCakes posted:

This is pretty rad! What does the sidecar monkey do when turning the other direction - straddle the bike?
Yeah you just flop over in the opposite direction behind the driver. In the chair position as seen in photo the goal is to move the center of gravity of the rig to the inside of the turn so the rig doesn't roll over. In the opposite turns the goal is just to put weight on the rear wheel for traction coming out of the turn. The difficulty is in transitioning between the two quickly. It's hugely more physical work than riding a solo bike. I'm not as physically fit as some, and in that position in the photo a better monkey would have their entire torso hanging off the edge of the chair.