Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

HP might not be the best comparison, mind. I mean, it's not like they had any choice at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

see imo this is one of those intentional choices that made the character better :shrug:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

Join us at Cereal for our Jeffrey Dahmer mukbang.

I just love mukbang!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

has legions of chud fans, is a crypto-fash on his main channel and has an alleged alt account on BitChute where he's literally an open and out Actual Nazi.

What's really telling as well as Doomcock is often cited as a "source" by the chud adjacent nerd sites like Bounding Into Comics or Cosmic Book News and sometimes by even the desperate ones like We Got This Covered.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

goldenninjawarrior posted:

Something really skeeves me out about channels that are true crime and also something else. Like I find a lot of true crime on youtube to be exploitative at the best of times, but there's something extremely bizarre to me about being like okay I'm going to eat lots of dinner or put on a full face of makeup while also talking about the intense, real life suffering someone went through but I'll make sure to keep it very respectful don't worry audience.

Yes, it's bad.

"I'm going to get into the details of the Yorkshire Ripper murders in a minute, just after I eat this delicious Quesalupa. Mmmmm, so good! By the way, I've noticed that 60% of you viewers aren't subscribed..."

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

What's really telling as well as Doomcock is often cited as a "source" by the chud adjacent nerd sites like Bounding Into Comics or Cosmic Book News and sometimes by even the desperate ones like We Got This Covered.

It's so horrifying how many people I've seen roped into mistaking those articles as actual news when the only source is urinal face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

It's so horrifying how many people I've seen roped into mistaking those articles as actual news when the only source is urinal face.

It is a problem with the nature of the news feed/Twitter. You end up getting articles out of context and not seeing how the rest of the site is full of garbage rumors that have already been debunked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kruggsmash, the amazing Dwarf Fortress youtuber fella, did a short fort testing out the new stress system from a recent update with the fortress of Murderhall. Good name. Terrible fortress with the worst luck. He decided to just let things go to hell and see how the stress worked out, and hey, it's less nightmarish than it used to be, which will be good for future fortresses of his. Not having to constantly babysit everything so tantrum spirals don't tear apart the fortress will certainly help cut down on his workload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHHw_I0u0s&hd=1

he also had a surprise at the end of the Murderhall finale: some realtalk along with a facecam! who knew the dwarf fortress LP guy was also a (fantasy) dwarf himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvNWjMrQpY&hd=1&t=813s

I like the Murderhall method, I think somewhere between that and the previous stuff, where he does artwork of the forgotten beasts, artifacts, maybe some important moments would be great. Not driving himself into the ground drawing everything all the time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Surprising nobody:

https://twitter.com/vadimnewquist/status/1359728848166862848

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
https://twitter.com/DefameP/status/1359754406871371777

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The SJW's Are Not Watching You Masturbate

(Probably)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

(Probably)

I mean, I wouldnt put it past McIntosh, but otherwise no.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Normalizing the recasting of characters would certainly take a lot of leverage an actor may have over the production, for better or worse

Kim Justice posted:

Lord help me, I cannot stop watching Nikocado Avocado and Orlin's ridiculous utterly put on over dramatic daily mukbang soap opera. I know it's complete and utter loving trash and I can't help it.

Its a modern day freak show. Used to be a nickel to see the abnormally fat man, now he's on YouTube with a patreon

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I watched man vs food once you'll not trick me into watching the korean youtube version with promises of over the top soap storylines.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kim Justice posted:

(Probably)

Okay. But what about God?

Because I saw somebody elsewhere bring up this one channel where a lady just reads passages from the bible, like the actual bible and it sounds normal so far. Maybe it's a type of holy ASMR. But the entire time she has her feet in front the camera. Just flexing her bare-loving feet while she's reading passages. And you know why her feet are on screen, and I know why they're on the screen, but does Jesus know why they're on the screen?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Because I saw somebody elsewhere bring up this one channel where a lady just reads passages from the bible, like the actual bible and it sounds normal so far. Maybe it's a type of holy ASMR. But the entire time she has her feet in front the camera. Just flexing her bare-loving feet while she's reading passages. And you know why her feet are on screen, and I know why they're on the screen, but does Jesus know why they're on the screen?

Jesus doesn't exist, so probably not.

Though the real Jesus, the person, was all about love and poo poo, so if he was still alive, he'd also probably be fine with this weird sex thing.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Jesus says dont kinkshame. My uncle worked for the Bible.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I heard if you read the Bible cover-to-cover three times in a row with your socks off you can unlock Jesus in Smash.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Captain Invictus posted:

Kruggsmash, the amazing Dwarf Fortress youtuber fella, did a short fort testing out the new stress system from a recent update with the fortress of Murderhall. Good name. Terrible fortress with the worst luck. He decided to just let things go to hell and see how the stress worked out, and hey, it's less nightmarish than it used to be, which will be good for future fortresses of his. Not having to constantly babysit everything so tantrum spirals don't tear apart the fortress will certainly help cut down on his workload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHHw_I0u0s&hd=1

he also had a surprise at the end of the Murderhall finale: some realtalk along with a facecam! who knew the dwarf fortress LP guy was also a (fantasy) dwarf himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvNWjMrQpY&hd=1&t=813s

I like the Murderhall method, I think somewhere between that and the previous stuff, where he does artwork of the forgotten beasts, artifacts, maybe some important moments would be great. Not driving himself into the ground drawing everything all the time.

Kruggsmash is so cool.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
The best part about the Dwarf Fortress stress system when it was first introduced, a baby could be born in your fortress whose favorite food was (1) not something available here and therefore they couldn't have developed a taste for but also (2) only grew in a special biome that means it's now either extinct or never even existed in the first place, leading them to be constantly 24/7 stressed out for their entire life until they snap and the guard beats them to death because they never got to eat an imaginary animal.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That sounds like an extremely DF mechanic, so I'm glad for it.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
Yeah, the frustration was mitigated since it was always manageable because there's enough outlets for stress, but my chief medical dwarf was always one bad day away from grabbing a battle axe and doing some experimental randomized surgery because we couldn't get Unicorn Steaks or whatever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFP-wGwG7MI
Kurtis talks about Twitch streamer "DrWitnesser" who got banned for hate speech after he would go into random Fortnite games and tell kids that they were going to hell unless they become Christians.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sydin posted:

I heard if you read the Bible cover-to-cover three times in a row with your socks off you can unlock Jesus in Smash.
unfortunately it's not true.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Kurtis talks about Twitch streamer "DrWitnesser" who got banned for hate speech after he would go into random Fortnite games and tell kids that they were going to hell unless they become Christians.

having disturbing flashbacks to the Gamespot OffTopic forum I frequented as a kid, where amongst the daily "whats better rap or rock??" threads, there were constant Christian ministry threads created by a regular rotation of weirdos trying to convert the heathens to Christianity.

the guy who created them was an older man who would recruit kids into a secret subforum to teach them bible lessons and evangelize correctly. I shudder to think what other kinds of weird poo poo was going on.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Ghostlight posted:

unfortunately it's not true.

You can play as Kirby, which is close enough to Jesus.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You gotta learn to wash them. So you too can be closer to Jesus.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DeafNote posted:

You can play as Kirby, which is close enough to Jesus.
kirby doesn't have cross-slash.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

And lo, Jesus came unto the stream and asked Mary Magdalene to show feet in the name of the Lord.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's a blaseball team called the Canada Moist Talkers so I assume they're all ASMR makers in the off season.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kim Justice posted:

And lo, Jesus came unto the stream and asked Mary Magdalene to show feet in the name of the Lord.

You were timed out for 600 seconds. Reason: let he who is without sin...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

kirby doesn't have cross-slash.

Yeah, Kirby is more like actual G-God, not just his puny prophet

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man I hate these people a whole lot because I used to actively watch them at work, when I was a lot younger and in like mid to late teens and more of an rear end in ways (But I still feel proud of myself some for this "trolly poo poo"), more than once I 'infiltrated' a couple christian gaming forums and would try to even slightly deprogam other queers I'd suss out or otherwise spot with more ease, I remember talking a handful into like talking to me about gay stuff and calmly supporting and validating their thoughts a lot and it made me genuinely happy to see at least a few of them seemingly come off the sad states of dogwhistle and otherwise homophobic browbeating they got from others or the people running them at times, I always hope they broke off and told those people to gently caress off and just found some more progressive or otherwise better overall places, even if it would still be a religious circle. One I stayed friends with ever since sure did, cause he's a massive flaming queen nowadays in the best way of saying that.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

In more wholesome news it looks as though another one of the best ex-guys from the BA Test Kitchen, Rick Martinez, is now signed up to do a show on the Babish Culinary Universe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
lol. i mean i thought she was cute when she announced for the role. too bad, she has an awful personality. also she doesnt look "fat" to me, but nerd dudes have skewed poo poo.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I understand the sequel trilogy has its issues (especially the last one) but they made big money and they aren't going to redo three movies especially with Ford having enough, Fisher being dead and Hamill warming up to Old Luke.

If anything was to be taken from Rise of Skywalker, drastically changing things as a response to criticism is way messier than accepting what was put on the dinner plate.

disney won't do anything. they will make a bunch of shows that will mostly be good to alright and a movie once and movie series once an while. maybe in like 15 years, they will make another trilogy thats "main canon". the people bitching keep hoping to have their poo poo validated, which won't happen because disney doesn't give a gently caress about your chud complaints now. i grew up with the star wars rereleases and the prequels, star wars helped me get through some hard medical poo poo. i was on a vent at 10 years old or so, playing with the action fleet figures. i grew up, don't care for the prequels even though i liked them when i was younger and i liked 2/3 of the new trilogy, but nothing RUINED my childhood. poo poo changes, change is eternal, some poo poo works better changed and others don't. stop going insane and racist from it.

i hate assholes like that. i read some lovely left behind comic when i was like 12 and it hosed me up for weeks and i am mister "thick skin" cis whitey man. i can only immagine how bad it is for QUILTBAG kids.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

disney won't do anything. they will make a bunch of shows that will mostly be good to alright and a movie once and movie series once an while. maybe in like 15 years, they will make another trilogy thats "main canon". the people bitching keep hoping to have their poo poo validated, which won't happen because disney doesn't give a gently caress about your chud complaints now. i grew up with the star wars rereleases and the prequels, star wars helped me get through some hard medical poo poo. i was on a vent at 10 years old or so, playing with the action fleet figures. i grew up, don't care for the prequels even though i liked them when i was younger and i liked 2/3 of the new trilogy, but nothing RUINED my childhood. poo poo changes, change is eternal, some poo poo works better changed and others don't. stop going insane and racist from it.

I think chuds will try to scramble to find something of modern Star Wars that they say they like so they can try to keep in the discussion to give the idea that they're not just bitter nerds. They tried to hook onto Mandalorian as being TRUE STAR WARS but that grift was easily noticeable regarding Gina. The moment they stop talking about Star Wars is when their viewers and subscriptions decline. Even good faith Star Wars fans have moved on from their thoughts of Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker and are just going on to new franchise installments or looking into the old stuff.

Speaking of looking into the old stuff, there's the 'A More Civilized Age' podcast by Austin Walker that just started this year which covers the politics and themes of the Clone Wars era of Star Wars. If you're tired of hearing 3-hour long reviews of the Star Wars prequels, you can skip ahead to their episode of the 2008 3D Clone Wars movie. Then they shrink down to 2-hour episodes and cover 3 episodes of the 3D Clone Wars show in each. I loved Austin's 'Friends at the Table' and it feels good to listen to dorks yammer about Star Wars that don't sound bitter.

https://amorecivilizedage.net/website

DesertIslandHermit fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 12, 2021

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I think chuds will try to scramble to find something of modern Star Wars that they say they like so they can try to keep in the discussion. The moment they stop talking about Star Wars is when their viewers and subscriptions decline. Even good faith Star Wars fans have moved on from their thoughts of Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker and are just going on to new franchise installments or looking into the old stuff.

The whole thing honestly reminds of Pokemon or Paper Mario. A bunch of people screaming how Gamefreak/Nintendo RUINED MUH CHILDHOOD and THEY LIED.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Speaking of looking into the old stuff, there's the 'A More Civilized Age' podcast by Austin Walker that just started this year which covers the politics and themes of the Clone Wars era of Star Wars. If you're tired of hearing 3-hour long reviews of the Star Wars prequels, you can skip ahead to their episode of the 2008 3D Clone Wars movie. They shrink down to 2-hour episodes and cover 3 episodes of the 3D Clone Wars in each. I loved Austin's 'Friends at the Table' and it feels good to listen to dorks yammer about Star Wars that don't sound bitter.

i will listen to austin and rob talk about anything, i think their approach is really smart and it's very much not the typical FANCAST type thing. they're more interested in trying to suss out the vibe of star wars fandom and the show's place in "making up" for the prequels and the like, it's a very interesting take about star wars from interesting people. it's cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I think chuds will try to scramble to find something of modern Star Wars that they say they like so they can try to keep in the discussion to give the idea that they're not just bitter nerds. They tried to hook onto Mandalorian as being TRUE STAR WARS but that grift was easily noticeable regarding Gina. The moment they stop talking about Star Wars is when their viewers and subscriptions decline. Even good faith Star Wars fans have moved on from their thoughts of Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker and are just going on to new franchise installments or looking into the old stuff.

Speaking of looking into the old stuff, there's the 'A More Civilized Age' podcast by Austin Walker that just started this year which covers the politics and themes of the Clone Wars era of Star Wars. If you're tired of hearing 3-hour long reviews of the Star Wars prequels, you can skip ahead to their episode of the 2008 3D Clone Wars movie. Then they shrink down to 2-hour episodes and cover 3 episodes of the 3D Clone Wars show in each. I loved Austin's 'Friends at the Table' and it feels good to listen to dorks yammer about Star Wars that don't sound bitter.

i am mixed on waypoint, but i will give it a shot. i always liked expounded universe but i haven't listened to them in like 3 years. anyway. yeah, the chuds are trying to find something that will kick off another Gate type deal but star wars is a tapped out vein and i think alot of folks just don't give a gently caress anymore espcially after 4 years of trump type loud assholes screaming 24/7. hell i am tired in general.

one of the reasons i like SA is when i go to Games or book barn, its mostly a chill place and people don't get super loving mad about nerd poo poo. like yeah disecting and talking politics in nerd poo poo(in all the ways) can be fun and interesting but on SA, its chill, every other place i have looked at, doesnt seem that way. its either full of weird chud types who get mad about women/minorities or its some weird twitter/resetera/facebook nerd group struggle session purity poo poo where everyone argues of minutia of political theory instead of talking about politcs in _____ nerd property or even the nerd property in general. this isnt some sorkin scream for decorum or call outs. i mean this place is cool and good and a nice spot away from loud bullshit about space movies. also lol gently caress gina.

https://twitter.com/levine/status/1360027731250061319

also here. scream at this guy. an man i once thought was pretty cool and have signed copy of bioshock from him. too bad about dumb opinions.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. i mean i thought she was cute when she announced for the role. too bad, she has an awful personality. also she doesnt look "fat" to me, but nerd dudes have skewed poo poo.
In a heartwarming twist its revealed in the replies that the twitter pervert was refering to her muscle mass and they're actually super into beefy gals.