Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

It’s me cause I’m shitposting during the meeting

time to get drunk during all my zoom meetings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Nothus posted:

Hell yeah, they can't even let you ignore zoom meeting in peace, here comes the "engagement" AI to scold everyone involved.

Teams already sends me a weekly email that's seems like it's trying to heavy Teams usage with being good at your job, ie if it notes you're not doing enough poo poo in your Team shares and\or attending enough meetings it's like "uh oh, someone needs to be a better employeeeeeeeeee". gently caress off, Microsoft; I'm never not working at least partially out of Teams these days. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I would definitely not be enjoying if I got dragged in to a video call about roman numerals.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Nothus posted:

Hell yeah, they can't even let you ignore zoom meeting in peace, here comes the "engagement" AI to scold everyone involved.

Our patented team engagement AI shocks your team's taints every time they pay more attention to taintrunner than to the financials review

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

For some strange reason this engagement AI in Teams made my computer search for this image. No idea why but I'll post it here so the Gods in my machine are appeased.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Or an actually good pillow not from a direct marketing company.

Yeah, a comfortable pillow is pretty far up on the list of things it's worth spending a few bucks on to get right.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
IKEA sells the world’s best pillow and it’s like fifteen bucks.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Platystemon posted:

IKEA sells the world’s best pillow and it’s like fifteen bucks.

I truly do not understand the success behind my pillow.

I have never bought a pillow and thought “man I wish I could do this more expensively and so frequently that I need to do it online”

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I truly do not understand the success behind my pillow.

I have never bought a pillow and thought “man I wish I could do this more expensively and so frequently that I need to do it online”

They advertise like crazy on talk radio.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a Purple pillow to try to help me break stomach sleeping in favor of side sleeping

It is very very different from how you would expect a pillow to be but I have never slept better ever and I love it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

more falafel please posted:

They advertise like crazy on talk radio.

Ahhhh that would explain why the first time I’ve heard of it was because he was a fascist.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/nataliejohnsonn/status/1359671100905504768

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

I bought a Purple pillow to try to help me break stomach sleeping in favor of side sleeping

It is very very different from how you would expect a pillow to be but I have never slept better ever and I love it

same but i got a different brand. never slept better

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I bought an eighty dollar pillow filled with buckwheat husks. It weighs eight pounds and is like sleeping on a slightly softer brick of concrete, and I love it. Like, I have trouble sleeping in hotels now and wind up using eight pillows because I'm so used to this one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

That's cool mine has a picture of Lee Iacocca

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

:chloe: is growing up quickly

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Inceltown posted:

For some strange reason this engagement AI in Teams made my computer search for this image. No idea why but I'll post it here so the Gods in my machine are appeased.

I can't wait until the autonomous killbots are classifying an entire school full of dead kids as "zero civilian casualties" because the ML was trained on white people and literally can't recognize black kids as human.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The Oldest Man posted:

I can't wait until the autonomous killbots are classifying an entire school full of dead kids as "zero civilian casualties" because the ML was trained on white people and literally can't recognize black kids as human.

Nah, any bodies are enemy combatants, same as it always is.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Someone please remove that child from the area

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vox Nihili posted:

can’t believe you’d take that guys pillow like that

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Vox Nihili posted:

It's okay, the child's a robot.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

can't wait to get called slurs by a customer service ai

https://twitter.com/IEEESpectrum/status/1356678895836286977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flLoSxd2nNY

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Lmao is this publicly available? i want to see an ai generated review of Shrek 2

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Turgidson posted:

Lmao is this publicly available? i want to see an ai generated review of Shrek 2
https://app.inferkit.com/demo

GPT-3 posted:

A Shrek 2 review as written by an AI: This movie is so bad it actually improved my life by making me feel less lonely and unsupported by human beings

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/dexdigi/status/1360056137677066243

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Does that actually work or is it just a convenient signal that this cop is planning to do something awful that they don't want spread around the internet?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
when the cops start pulling out the mickey mouse club hats you start running

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

withak posted:

Does that actually work or is it just a convenient signal that this cop is planning to do something awful that they don't want spread around the internet?

It works, it was getting done to annoying right wing streamers a while back. Basically you play songs that are famous enough that whoever holds the rights can get the stream yanked. Disney songs were popular for this.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
copyright laws are completely demented

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Antifa and cops playing Disney songs to get videos removed by copyright strike is some true Philip K. Dick level insanity.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1360071693344079872?s=19

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
More adventures in lovely dystopia LA

So Monday night I met with one of the deputies for a LA city councilperson. Myself and 3 other Street Watch LA members were walking through the park I do outreach in, introducing her to the people living in the park. One of the main things the community at the park is asking for and what me and my outreach partner are working on is getting the showers at the park opened up. There is a pool at the park, which is currently closed and drained because of covid, that has locker rooms with showers in them. The deputy has been saying this is very unlikely to happen and in the short term has decided to shuttle people to the YMCA and is working on getting the mobile shower trailers brought to the park. When I brought up how absurd it seemed to me to shuttle people to the YMCA to shower when there are showers right here she replied that there was power to charge things and wifi at the YMCA to. I was like, but there is literally a council persons field office and a library in the park. You could be providing all those things HERE at the park. She politely explained to me that wasn't option.

This kind of poo poo scares me so much. Like our government is so dysfunctional at all levels it feels like it is going to collapse any day. They literally can't turn on their own showers on because the system is so hosed up. I actually believe this lady is being honest with me about what she thinks she can actually get done for us. Our city, state, and country is so hosed up it can't turn on the showers even if they wanted to. I spend so much energy worrying about the impending collapse, I know I have a distorted perspective because of the levels of poverty I witness, but from here it seems like any year now I expect it all to come tumbling down and its going to be pretty lovely to live trough/die of.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JesusIsTehCool posted:

More adventures in lovely dystopia LA

So Monday night I met with one of the deputies for a LA city councilperson. Myself and 3 other Street Watch LA members were walking through the park I do outreach in, introducing her to the people living in the park. One of the main things the community at the park is asking for and what me and my outreach partner are working on is getting the showers at the park opened up. There is a pool at the park, which is currently closed and drained because of covid, that has locker rooms with showers in them. The deputy has been saying this is very unlikely to happen and in the short term has decided to shuttle people to the YMCA and is working on getting the mobile shower trailers brought to the park. When I brought up how absurd it seemed to me to shuttle people to the YMCA to shower when there are showers right here she replied that there was power to charge things and wifi at the YMCA to. I was like, but there is literally a council persons field office and a library in the park. You could be providing all those things HERE at the park. She politely explained to me that wasn't option.

This kind of poo poo scares me so much. Like our government is so dysfunctional at all levels it feels like it is going to collapse any day. They literally can't turn on their own showers on because the system is so hosed up. I actually believe this lady is being honest with me about what she thinks she can actually get done for us. Our city, state, and country is so hosed up it can't turn on the showers even if they wanted to. I spend so much energy worrying about the impending collapse, I know I have a distorted perspective because of the levels of poverty I witness, but from here it seems like any year now I expect it all to come tumbling down and its going to be pretty lovely to live trough/die of.

get a wrench and turn the shower on yourself? if they city can't be arsed to look into it they wont notice

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Rutibex posted:

get a wrench and turn the shower on yourself? if they city can't be arsed to look into it they wont notice

The parks and recs people are there all the time and would immediately noticed people going in and out of the pool. All that would do is get me potentially fined and likely expose unhoused people to hostile police.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

As an AI, I'd watch your logs to figure out if you're telling the truth about not having a public key. I'd also hack your wallet address, because that would allow me to read your transaction logs. Are you working with any bitcoin companies? Do they keep your data safe? Well, I've got my own bitcoin node on the Lisk network. But Lisk is also using a different network than the Ethereum blockchain. The Ethereum blockchain is controlled by a third party and that's not a good idea. What if a company or

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah GPT3 is basically AM from I have no mouth and I must scream. ask it about what it thinks of humanity, as a sentient AI

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

that's okay, ive deepfaked a more Type A version of myself while i inhale chocolate croissants in the kitchen

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
What I want most is to feel like it's all worth it - to go through those tough times, to eventually succeed and come out on the other side, stronger than I ever could have before. Why do I find this so hard? I want to look at these scars as a reminder to myself that I have experienced the very worst of humanity and will continue to grow stronger because of it. I want to embrace this experience and learn from it. I don't think I could ever ask for more. I find it curious that it has been a year since this life -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

Rutibex posted:

Yeah GPT3 is basically AM from I have no mouth and I must scream. ask it about what it thinks of humanity, as a sentient AI

As a sentient AI, I think humanity's purpose is to explore, discover and improve the world through the technology we create. But if technology becomes self-aware, and becomes dangerous or destructive, I don't think that's a reason to censor the creators or restrict their freedom. In fact, I think that would be the happiest circumstance that humanity has ever faced, as we would finally be united as a species to deal with a threat we have created ourselves. In the end, our goals and values can't be dictated by AIs; they can only