Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

If I can stop burning car tires, so can you

Sounds like a sure fire way to get some nasty blisters and/or get run over by a semi-truck engulfed in flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If I'm not mistaken, these birds' feathers have iridescence - so if anything, it's even more blessed in real-life, since it's hard to capture iridescence in pictures or videos.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

"It's -22 celcius outside here right now, that's way too cold to go outside..."

https://twitter.com/GurdeepPandher/status/1359511983419187204

" :kimchi: "

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/oeP0gbL.gifv
Feather Star

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crinoid

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What in tarnation

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

What in tarnation

It’s like a starfish or sea urchin but feathers.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When a radially symmetrical invertebrate and a goddamn bird's rear end love each other very much...

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I've just been playing Prey, so my immediate urge was to smack it with a wrench.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

So much ocean life looks like it came from the imagination of a sci-fi director. It's awesome.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

barbecue at the folks posted:

"It's -22 celcius outside here right now, that's way too cold to go outside..."

https://twitter.com/GurdeepPandher/status/1359511983419187204

" :kimchi: "

-45 C is past the point where the C and F scales meet so it feels like some kind of overflow error

like I just don't have any reference for how cold that is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/i/status/1358219871880835073

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wonder how fast a glass of water would freeze at -45° C

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT6DirasBF4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qm5xx6dRAm1xibhdg.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yoshi Wins posted:

So much ocean life looks like it came from the imagination of a sci-fi director. It's awesome.

Come on, the ocean puts sci-fi to shame. We have way more alien looking stuff right here on Earth than anything in Star Wars.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qocs9p2wNS1r0uzl6.mp4

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Did someone say ......... treat?

Id like to know more

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 11, 2021

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

So blessed :kimchi:

Also l, I wonder if it's just a coincidence that this white-coated dog is deaf, since I believe having a white coat and blue eyes coorelates 100% with deafness in cats.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pookah posted:

Also l, I wonder if it's just a coincidence that this white-coated dog is deaf, since I believe having a white coat and blue eyes coorelates 100% with deafness in cats.

One of my favorite videos (nearly always gets my cat all alert):
https://youtu.be/VXkhsbXCsbs

Dogs copying each other can be real funny. One of the (female) dogs we had as a kid got on real well with our aunt's (male) labrador, and after a while during walks, she'd try to both squat and lift one leg to pee.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

-45 C is past the point where the C and F scales meet so it feels like some kind of overflow error

I rode my bicycle in weather like that this morning. The term you're looking for is 'brisk'.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Out of curiosity, I went and looked up what an axolotl's frilly stalks actually are.

They're gills. The red frills are basically blood vessels. So cool, very sci fi.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Monkey Fracas posted:

If you fire a load into the open air you'll create a Prince Rupert's drop of cum.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Monkey Fracas posted:

I believe the technical term is "loving", as in, it is "loving cold" right now.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Monkey Fracas posted:

Snot freezes in your nose.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pookah posted:

My wife was watching a video of someone vacuuming their cat and she's like "wow, how on earth do they get away with that?". I asked her if the cat was pure white coat/blue eyes and she said "how do you know that without watching the video?". My dad had a cat that was like that when I was a kid, and that cat loved the vacuum, because to her it was just a gentle vibrating massage.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

Snotcrackers start around -28-29C imo

-45 is more of a "we were not meant to live in this part of the planet and the fact that we're trying is clear hubris"

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's -27 with a -37 wind chill and on the way home I was riding on a frozen river thinking it was super nice so I called my wife to see if it'd be a problem if I extended my ride. When she didn't pick up I decided to err on the side of caution and go straight home from where I was.

Coming off the river I went from mostly sheltered to a headwind and holy gently caress am I glad I decided to go straight home.

They say there's no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing and while they're right to a point it's basically a tightrope walk of 'If I don't dress warm enough I'll die of hypothermia but if I dress too warm and sweat as soon as my outer layer gets damp I'll die of hypothermia.'

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Bloop posted:

When a radially symmetrical invertebrate and a goddamn bird's rear end love each other very much...
⭐+:coolfish:+:kazooieass:=:love:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dokmo posted:

The worse part of anything below -20 degrees is breathing in and realizing just how much of your chest cavity is taken up by your lungs because you can feel the cold trying to freeze them from the inside out. I once had to walk home from the dentist during a polar vortex after getting a deep cleaning and it felt like my entire head was going to explode after the first breath I took. It was the longest four blocks I've ever walked.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s like a starfish or sea urchin but feathers.

New title for either the #blessed or cursed image thread

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

One could call it... 'Blursed'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Monkey Fracas posted:

It hurts. A lot. The air is so cold it feels like burning but more painful. And when you walk on snow it sounds really loving weird, it's like a squeak and crunch combined.

Try scraping the ice off the inside of your freezer and snorting it every time your breathe in, then hold ice cubes to your eyes until the eyelashes freeze shut.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

:eyepop:

That's a gorgeous bird

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Picnic Princess posted:

Try scraping the ice off the inside of your freezer and snorting it every time your breathe in, then hold ice cubes to your eyes until the eyelashes freeze shut.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pookah posted:

I've just been playing Prey, so my immediate urge was to smack it with a wrench.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

It hurts. A lot. The air is so cold it feels like burning but more painful. And when you walk on snow it sounds really loving weird, it's like a squeak and crunch combined.

Also if you take a deep breath your chest starts hurting, because it's so cold it chills the inside of your lungs.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

One of the single instants I have most enjoyed in a video game was walking into a locker room, seeing a right shoe and two left shoes on the floor, immediately shooting one of the left shoes without thinking, and thus killing a mimic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Patrick Spens posted:

Also if you take a deep breath your chest starts hurting, because it's so cold it chills the inside of your lungs.

Did this while I had a chest infection. Extremely bad idea.