Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

every time ive tuned in its one dude gaming in complete silence while most of the screen is taken up by gross gifs

it is never a good stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the only good chapo gamestream was when they had dril, derek, brace belden, matt, will, and felix playing among us

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

babypolis posted:

every time ive tuned in its one dude gaming in complete silence while most of the screen is taken up by gross gifs

a perfect simulation of Discord

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
sometimes they play a map game where you have to figure out the location from being randomly dropped into a google street view thing and it's really tedious

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
they seem like decent enough guys. group stream is just never a good format

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

sometimes they play a map game where you have to figure out the location from being randomly dropped into a google street view thing and it's really tedious

geoguessr owns

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgitatedAlluringMilkSuperVinlin

geowizard is a really good follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPhdkdR9qI

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Feb 11, 2021

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Victory Position posted:

has he gotten to Napoleon III? if not, I hope he gets to Napoleon III

He actually covered him a bit early in a bonus episode with Matt Christman, mostly by way of Marx's 18th Brumaire of Louis Napoleon. It's one of the earlier episodes of the podcasts.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Woo made the YKS voicemail outro

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Adam Curtis's new documentary series is incredible

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

Adam Curtis's new documentary series is incredible

where is it

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

mila kunis posted:

where is it

theres a youtube channel thats been posting them for us non-brits: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTCk1V6Ts3Vgdou_OObRAEw

for the brits you can just get it on bbc iplayer

edit: some weird cuts in the youtube versions I just noticed, alternative link here: https://thoughtmaybe.com/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/#top

only problem with this one is sometimes it has a problem loading

AnEdgelord has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Feb 12, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
6 hours of adam curtis gently caress my poo poo up fam

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

AnEdgelord posted:

theres a youtube channel thats been posting them for us non-brits: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTCk1V6Ts3Vgdou_OObRAEw

edit: some weird cuts in the youtube versions I just noticed, alternative link here: https://thoughtmaybe.com/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/#top

firefox instructions but probably works in chrome:
right click > view page info > media tab > look for video and save as

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

hell yeah cheers bruv

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ho fan posted:

firefox instructions but probably works in chrome:
right click > view page info > media tab > look for video and save as

Inspect element works if you dig enough layers down to find the raw media link and just save as in Chrome.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
yeah on chrome if you just view-developer-view source-control f mp4-save link as you can dl :clint:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Had to tap out for the night after part 4 but Ill tackle 5 and 6 after work tomorrow

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've reached the current point of Age of Napoleon and this couldn't be halfway, right? He's not even emperor yet.

What a loving good show. I'm sad I don't have it to cook to each night now.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
anyone have a pirate feed for trash future. i wanna listen to their private episode on the art world and shady billionaire money laundering

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mila kunis posted:

anyone have a pirate feed for trash future. i wanna listen to their private episode on the art world and shady billionaire money laundering

https://podcastaddict.com/?q=trash+future

try the third one on the list i think. https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/3121376 looks like it should work but didnt try it

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
someone should make a thread for the adam curtis thing, would be nice to talk to people about.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mila kunis posted:

I also want to listen to this, I've gotten back into TF lately and I'd forgotten how much fun it is when they all just go ballistic yelling over each other

The motivational pedophile bit from the last free ep got me real good

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

err posted:

someone should make a thread for the adam curtis thing, would be nice to talk to people about.

There's a button at the bottom of this very page that can make this a reality

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

err posted:

would bumping the War Nerd thread work

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the android app doesn't let me create threads but oh my god 20 mins in and this poo poo rules, freitas' diagnose of British society was nail in the head
I'm currently finishing watching mad men and curtis goes into america's 50 which was a cool coincide

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 12:23 on Feb 12, 2021

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I have difficulty with Adam Curtis because his voice is so soothing and the droning music put me to sleep every time. hypernormalization is my goto ghost story for when I can’t sleep and I’ve still never made it the whole way through

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958870 i made a thread

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Are there any other good podcasts? I have to drive a lot more for my job now, and I'm running out of podcasts. I tried to get back into My Favorite Murder but it seems like they've run out of anecdotes for the half hour of banter in each episode and aren't generating new anecdotes because of Covid, and so that segment is just dire now.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
there are in fact no good podcasts

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Episode One
The Dollop
The Movies That Made Me
Rude Tales of Magic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

thotsky posted:

Episode One
The Dollop
The Movies That Made Me
Rude Tales of Magic

Episode One is good but hit or miss, and I stopped listening to The Dollop after they pivoted entirely to stories of horrible things that happened in the past. The title "The Movies That Made Me" is enough to put me off it, that sounds like some dreadful Nostalgia Critic thing.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gripweed posted:

Are there any other good podcasts? I have to drive a lot more for my job now, and I'm running out of podcasts. I tried to get back into My Favorite Murder but it seems like they've run out of anecdotes for the half hour of banter in each episode and aren't generating new anecdotes because of Covid, and so that segment is just dire now.

I mean what kind of genre? Anything? history-pol?

I’ll get back to you later tonight with maybe som . I’ll agree E1 is kinda hit or miss, I don’t usually have it on unless it’s someone like Felix or something interesting doing an el

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I like the Distraction because I'm basic af and also because Roth rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

A Scottish podcast
ALAB
Chapo
Casefile
Episode 1
Ghost stories for the end of the world
Lou reads the internet for you
F plus
Point vs point
Qanon anonymous
Someone knows something
Street fight
The dollop
Trillbilly worker party
True anon
Tunnels
What a time to be alive
You must remember this

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

What a time to be alive
You must remember this

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Gripweed posted:

Episode One is good but hit or miss, and I stopped listening to The Dollop after they pivoted entirely to stories of horrible things that happened in the past. The title "The Movies That Made Me" is enough to put me off it, that sounds like some dreadful Nostalgia Critic thing.

It's (mostly old) film industry people talking about the movies they like, rather than their own work. It's hosted by Josh, the guy who does the West Wing podcast with Dave Anthony, and the dude who made Gremlins. They might occasionally dip into some lib sentiments, but mostly it's a very endearing show about movies with people who really love movies.

I also listen to a ton of brewing podcasts.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

I’ll get back to you later tonight with maybe som . I’ll agree E1 is kinda hit or miss, I don’t usually have it on unless it’s someone like Felix or something interesting doing an el

Nothing that's mainly about how bad things are. I like Chapo, What a Time to Be Alive, and Hardcore History. And E1 when it's good and The Dollop when they aren't just talking about horrific things.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

I only have the free feed and enough podcasts in rotation to not need more content, but I feel like recently the best E1s have been the scripted ones (air dad and princess diana) which is kind of unfortunate because the basic premise is great

I'm going to second Hootington bringing up ALAB. This thread got me onto that and it's just a joy to listen to every time. They really wait til they have something to say before they start recording

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Blocked Party, Citations Needed, Gayest Episode Ever, Sandy and Nora, Code Switch

ALAB is fantastic but they don't release often enough so I end up getting my fix from Citations Needed most of the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
You must remember this finished a season last year about polly platt, Bogdanovich's ex wife and collaborator, who the pod makes the case for being a key figure in most of Bogdanovich's better movies