Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Man that was a blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

First off, JESUS what an ending.

Secondly, I laughed super hard when they very pointedly referenced Kick-rear end because of Aaron Taylor-Johnson

What was it? I missed it

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

He is legendarily stingy with money, a huge part of why the Netflix Marvel shows sucked (especially Iron Fist) was him absolutely adamant they should require less money than they needed.

Lol didnt he go to premieres and roundtables in disguise to make sure ppl werent spending too much money on soda

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lid posted:

I stopped following them in the late 2000s and a few months back wanted to look up like a ranking of the best writer runs in comics of the last twenty years, namely where did Bendis' Daredevil and Brubaker's Captain America rank (they were #2 and #3 - Bendis' Daredevil is the best run on the character ever fight me - #1 was Morrison's Batman)

but the thing that stood out like a sore thumb was that only ONE comic run was post 2010. ONE. It was Brian K Vaughan's Saga. That was it. It was shocking. This listing wasn't just mainstream mainline comics either, BKV's Y: the Last Man was in there too for example, but that only ONE comic showed up in a decade was just depressing.

The 2000s felt like comics had finally gotten their footing as being something more than just well comic books giving writer driven projects time and space. Then everything went to poo poo.

Currently going thru Hickman's run on Avenger rn. Some pretty good stuff. But yeah it gets loving confusing bc of some crossovers (not Infinity) that changes the status quo.so much

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ignis posted:

What was it? I missed it

When Pietro and the kids decide to go run off and get candy together, Tommy yells "KICK-rear end!" After they run off, a confused Wanda goes, "Kick-rear end...?"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
There must be so many references and easter eggs and cameos in this episode. Like, was that one guy wearing a cheap-rear end classic Power Man costume? What about Frankenstein, does that count? Or the Mummy? Or the bright green Godzilla? Or, how about that one frozen kid we saw near "Ellis" avenue, was that a Man Thing?

Anyway, Kathryn Hahn is loving slaying it. And I'm just so, so happy we got Evan Peters instead of the MCU Pietro. That dude showed up for like one scene in the X-Men movies and he still had ten times the charisma of whoever the MCU guy was. Look at this dude, pulling off comics accurate Quicksilver hair. :laffo: The music, the whole general vibe of this episode was so fun, I wish we could just get an entire series of Maximoff in the Middle.

I'm wondering what's going on with Wanda & Pietro's childhood, now. They have started to bring a lot of attention to it, which is a weird thing to do if they wanted to just brush it aside and ask us not to question it too much. Any ideas who the guy with the skin condition is?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

evan peters is good, yes? yes.

His speech makes it seem like he's a one off character, which if that's the case, what a shame. He's fantastic. Keep him around, good dammit.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 12, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wonder if we'll see the old school spectral Vision costume before the end :allears:

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Waffleopolis posted:

The more and more I think about it, Darcy telling Monica that the Hex changed her on a cellular level is totally giving me mutant vibes. It expanding at a rapid pace doesn't help either. Theory is it will eventually engulf the earth, whatever happens in the end removes the Hex, but the damage is already done. Some people start changing.

At that point, I thought she was going to be told she was mutating. Having the Hex expand worldwide and being a cause of mutants moving forward seems like it would work.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Desperado Bones posted:

I don't care if the show was terribly animated, it was indeed cool as poo poo and my gateway to buy comic books.

There were no American comics available where I grew up (a fairly small town in Ireland), so the 90's X-Men show was my introduction to comics full stop, really. I'm pretty sure I was aware of the existence of various Marvel and DC properties before then from the Batman movies and so on, but that cartoon was the first comics related thing that I followed or cared about. It wasn't until a few years after it that Marvel started selling any comics in general supply within Ireland so far as I know, and they were a weird collected edition thing that had 2 issues from separate but related properties sold together (so in the X-Men issues they might have one core X-Men book and maybe a Wolverine short series issue for 6 months until that was done and then switch to two X-Men issues from different books or something). They were several years behind the current American comics though from what I gathered looking stuff up a while later online. There was only an X-Man thing for a while if I recall, which went through some Wolverine stuff, some Gambit stuff etc, then Spider-Man and Avengers got a book and I think there was a F4 one for a while too. It wasn't until years later that I could even buy a DC comic at all, because they didn't sell anything that I could buy in my hometown. I don't think I ever saw any DC related comics until I visited one of the bigger cities in Ireland in my late teens.

Prior to that point, my experience of comics was the more comedy related stuff with all self-contained episodic stories featuring characters like Bananaman, Dangerous Dan, Dennis the Menace etc. and the big two publishers in comics to me were Dandy Comics (which is a DC comics, at least) and Beano comics. A lot of which were UK specific, especially the Dandy Comics properties. I don't even remember seeing much of older demographic UK properties like Judge Dredd growing up; though that may just be a case of not seeing it since I wasn't looking or interested in something more grim and violent like that at the time.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I am extremely anxious to find out who is giving Monica the Hex-busting vehicle and most importantly what did Darcy find on Director Hayward's computer that she sent to Woo. What is that sleeze up to

Given the events of the episode and how nosy Pietro was being about how Wanda is doing what she's doing, without judging it, I wonder if he isn't a plant by Hayward in some fashion. Hayward already has information on the inside he isn't giving to the general group through a bug of some kind on Vision, and Pietro really seemed like he was digging for a specific purpose at the end. A purpose that seems to include no clue on what's happening or to be trying to push her towards a specific goal, but just to find out how she's doing it; which implies that he's working for someone like Hayward.

tsob fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 12, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Infinitum posted:

Pietro switching to his dead body momentarily also has interesting ramifications of which version he is.

I got the impression it's another case similar to seeing corpse Vision of Wanda's own memories and trauma being visualised, brought up especially because their memories are not lining up and it's really messing with Wanda's head especially since she's trying to remember him from memories she's actively repressing/altering.

That and the possible subtext this episode's ad- the claymation style is so 90s by the way- gives the impression that he really might be the X-Men movieverse Pietro, plucked from an alternate universe, and he may be aware of it and actively rolling with it because especially if it's a timeline leading to DoFP or Logan he's probably seeing poo poo go very south for mutants and/or himself personally. The Hex may have tried to bring back her brother but given he's long dead and there's not even enough remaining of him to construct a decent simulacra, they instead went for the next best thing. Although someone else has suggested the ad may mean something else is feeding on Wanda's powers.

There's a lot of symbolism going on in this episode, the frozen cul de sac almost seems too on the nose.

Actually on some further thought, we see Agnes frozen on her way out of town, and her role as the wacky guest who shakes things up and doesn't question things- complete with literally letting Wanda start a scene over- from last episode seems to be supplanted by Pietro. Both seem to be more aware of things than they're letting on, but then still don't know everything.

That may tie in with how I think Hayward, shown to be a paranoid, trigger-happy clown, knows more than he's letting on but isn't necessarily in control- I get the impression that aside from the theft of Vision's corpse, the Hex is the last known location of another asset he's hell-bent on recovering. At the very least, he's handling things with a lot more urgency than the others and trying to shut them out.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 12, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a lot of symbolism going on in this episode, the frozen cul de sac almost seems too on the nose.

It is? On the nose of what, out of interest? I only got a superficial reading on it, that Wanda either can't, or more likely given they are frozen without her direction, won't directly control the actions of anyone not in her direct vicinity, so everyone else is just frozen until she comes within a certain radius and then they can move as she directs them, to fit with her sitcom world. What's the deeper thematic relevance I'm missing? Which has fairly horrifying implications if the Hex is now expanding, and could start to cover a huge amount of ground, since it'd mean even more people are just vacant husks until she (or her kids, I presume) get in relatively close proximity with them. Which she may never do, if the area covered is larger than a town. Do they continue to age as they just stand there, frozen. Imagine a baby, just sat in a crib for 20 years because Wanda never came to that remote area, growing larger but never actually maturing or even experiencing anything :stonk: Pietro said the kids were kept somewhere or something this episode, and Wanda was being as ethical as possible, but there's kids standing around frozen when Vision is investigating, so she presumably isn't keeping them active while they're stashed away.

Also, I thought it was interesting this episode that Herb seemed self aware and asked Wanda if she wants to change something, where only Agnes really seemed that aware of the situation within the Hex prior to this episode. Which kind of blunts the idea she's trying to manipulate Wanda because she's the only one breaking character or with some idea of what's going on. Then again, if Wanda has no idea how this is happening, then clearly someone or something else is at play.

tsob fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 12, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

JoylessJester posted:

So with:

1) SWORDs name change,
2) the technology SWORDs developed during the blip.
3) The video of Wanda's raid, where SWORD are experimenting on Vision
4)The Director's speech about hard choices etc.
5) Heyward tracking Vision

We're clearly leading up to something with SWORD i.e. building evil weapons or some other evil scheme.

Makes me wonder if the Luke Skywalker cameo is Fury coming in to clean house before taking off for space.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

edit: don't drink and post kids

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 13, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Poor The World Inferno, posted too far out of Wanda's sphere of influence :smith:

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Poor The World Inferno, posted too far out of Wanda's sphere of influence :smith:

Alas, forsaken

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

tsob posted:

It is? On the nose of what, out of interest? I only got a superficial reading on it, that Wanda either can't or won't directly control the actions of anyone not in her direct vicinity, so everyone else is just frozen until she comes within a certain radius and then they can move as she directs them, to fit with her sitcom world. What's the deeper thematic relevance I'm missing? Which has fairly horrifying implications if the Hex is now expanding, and could start to cover a huge amount of ground, since it'd mean even more people are just vacant husks until she gets in relatively close proximity with them. Which she may never do, if the area covered is larger than a town. Do they continue to age as they just stand there, frozen. Imagine a baby, just sat in a crib for 20 years because Wanda never came to that remote area, growing larger but never actually maturing or even experiencing anything :aaaaa:

Also, I thought it was interesting this episode that Herb seemed self aware and asked Wanda if she wants to change something, where only Agnes really seemed that aware of the situation within the Hex prior to this episode. Which kind of blunts the idea she's trying to manipulate Wanda because she's the only one breaking character or with some idea of what's going on. Then again, if Wanda has no idea how this is happening, then clearly someone or something else is at play.

I mean more it might represent the presumed defunct X-Men film universe, a 'creative cul-de-sac' having been used as a derogatory term for the DC cinematic universe and the Snyder cut in particular, which was always pretty lol. But a film series that already had enough problems and semi-reboots before being lost in legal limbo and presumed to be heading for a reboot would definitely qualify.

And remember before Herb was the one before who started cutting through the brick fence when things moved to colour and seemed to be obliquely trying to get Vision to question his reality but trying not to outright mention anything. He seems more self-aware than most Westview residents. And given that he's stating what Pietro is up to before he does it, it might not just be sitcom timing but he's actively trying to keep Wanda occupied while Vision is investigating.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I remember a week or three back someone was wondering about WandaVision's ratings, and if the fact there's so many trailers and spots for it is indicative that Disney is flooding the market to try and buck up lower than expected ratings and after the last two episodes I've pretty much immediately gone to YouTube to see if there's a next episode preview/trailer but its' all stuff by a crowd called Screen Culture, who seem to mostly be repackaging the same one or two trailers with different cuts. Checking both Disney and Disney+'s own channels, they haven't released any kind of trailers or spots for the show on their own channels for at least a few months, while Marvel's channel has only one real trailer (the mid-season one) and a lot of clips; if they were going to putting them anywhere online it'd presumably be mirrored through one of those channels. Which makes me wonder if they really were actually flooding the place in spots, or if it was just an impression built up by channels like Screen Culture that just put up a constant stream of clickbaity apparent trailers and to get views. Including, looking at the results I got from a search for WandaVision stuff just now, apparent trailers for both She-Hulk and a Super Bowl spot for Spider-Man Homeworlds (which I presume is their assumed name for the next Spiderman film; though I don't believe any official name has been announced), with the She-Hulk thumb being a shot of Tatiana Malsany from Orphan Black.

Then again, maybe it was just referring to the fact there's lots of short clips of the first one or two episodes on Marvel's own channel, but then, I'm pretty sure that's common practice for the production company of any big show and not really unique to WandaVision or Marvel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Internet marketing is such a poo poo ouroboros of nonsense and bullshit I wouldn't read too much into it until the dust settles.

Also, while I'm not exactly assuming or even expecting it to be a full on X-Men films crossover... there's a hell of a lot of teasing if it isn't; while I don't recall AoU Pietro's characterisation much, most everything we see of this one tracks with his characterisation in DoFP that I do remember; that he's a lazy (but of course, he can always do everything in seconds) manchild, a casual thief, has a general screwball speedster mentality.

And while Wanda briefly sees him as a bullet-riddled walking corpse, he mentions being 'shot in the street for no reason' as if he knows how her Pietro died but none of the context... which would make sense if he's only seen the recap. And they've already done meta things with the recaps. Not to mention, MCU Pietro would probably recognise Vision given they fought together in the battle he died in... and wouldn't know that Vision's meant to be dead. Pietro's behaviour makes sense if he basically got given some character notes and a role- the one who causes chaos- and is trying to play along.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 12, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Do the commercials that Disney actually puts out run on regular TV or are they just for the internet?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

The malcolm in the middle intro really made me feel old as hell

i remember when that show came out and was releasing new episodes

gently caress

edit: gently caress my account is as old as malcolm in the middle christ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was it a combo of The Wonder Years & Malcolm in the Middle?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually on some further thought, we see Agnes frozen on her way out of town, and her role as the wacky guest who shakes things up and doesn't question things- complete with literally letting Wanda start a scene over- from last episode seems to be supplanted by Pietro. Both seem to be more aware of things than they're letting on, but then still don't know everything.

I don't think Agnes is actually under Wanda's control, the really bizarre "shall we take that from the top" last episode showed that she was aware of the tv-show aspect, and this week she was slowly moving and talking to vision and wasn't freaked out when he released her. And when she was put back under Wanda's control she drove off rather than returning to what she was doing previously, ie frozen in place, like herb did.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Oh man peitro being a man child versus his MCU self is hilarious.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Haywood is up to some weird poo poo with Vision. He is listed as an asset in the computer that they are actively tracking, and Haywood almost seems to be most annoyed to have lost him than anything else.

Dude has also definitely had a bad run in with superpowers, he even said Captain Marvel with a note of disgust. He went full megalomaniac general in this episode which was ready disappointing as it's trite at this point

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

HERAK posted:

I don't think Agnes is actually under Wanda's control, the really bizarre "shall we take that from the top" last episode showed that she was aware of the tv-show aspect, and this week she was slowly moving and talking to vision and wasn't freaked out when he released her. And when she was put back under Wanda's control she drove off rather than returning to what she was doing previously, ie frozen in place, like herb did.

Isn't this also the first time Agnes' name is part of the opening credits? They added one for Evan Peters, too.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

tsob posted:

There were no American comics available where I grew up (a fairly small town in Ireland), so the 90's X-Men show was my introduction to comics full stop, really. I'm pretty sure I was aware of the existence of various Marvel and DC properties before then from the Batman movies and so on, but that cartoon was the first comics related thing that I followed or cared about. It wasn't until a few years after it that Marvel started selling any comics in general supply within Ireland so far as I know, and they were a weird collected edition thing that had 2 issues from separate but related properties sold together (so in the X-Men issues they might have one core X-Men book and maybe a Wolverine short series issue for 6 months until that was done and then switch to two X-Men issues from different books or something). They were several years behind the current American comics though from what I gathered looking stuff up a while later online. There was only an X-Man thing for a while if I recall, which went through some Wolverine stuff, some Gambit stuff etc, then Spider-Man and Avengers got a book and I think there was a F4 one for a while too. It wasn't until years later that I could even buy a DC comic at all, because they didn't sell anything that I could buy in my hometown. I don't think I ever saw any DC related comics until I visited one of the bigger cities in Ireland in my late teens.

Prior to that point, my experience of comics was the more comedy related stuff with all self-contained episodic stories featuring characters like Bananaman, Dangerous Dan, Dennis the Menace etc. and the big two publishers in comics to me were Dandy Comics (which is a DC comics, at least) and Beano comics. A lot of which were UK specific, especially the Dandy Comics properties. I don't even remember seeing much of older demographic UK properties like Judge Dredd growing up; though that may just be a case of not seeing it since I wasn't looking or interested in something more grim and violent like that at the time.

Yeah, over here in my country was the same. At one moment there were Marvel and DC comic books but I think they were really hard to find, specially if you didn't live in Mexico City and weren't like older than 15, and at some moment they went out of print. So for kids, we only knew of stuff like Looney Tunes, Garfield and Condorito stuff. Barbie had a comic but it was more of a huge toy ad. Everything else was kinky adults-only comic books. Newspaper Spider-man and the Phantom were also a thing, but only in certain states and certain newspapers. They were a must read whenever visited my grandparents. Anyways, I think 90's X-men was an absolute hit because that's when Marvel decided to get back the rights of their titles and find a smaller and cheaper printing company.

We got this sweet X-men Flipbook comics, which were two issues in one. It was so they could print stuff that was related to the cartoon, and on the other side whatever X-men story they wanted, usually the ones with crossovers with Spider-man and what not. Fist issue I ever bought was Bishop's first appearance. For a twelve year old that was so rad.

Anyways, at some moment there was a boom in comic books and manga. This old and large printing company -the one who printed DC and Marvel in the 80's- bought the rights for Marvel comics, started to sell too expensive, the original owner died and it went in to bankruptcy.

Today is another printing company that's in charge, but oh god...they usually sell only omnibus editions and they are crazy expensive. I went from buying 2-5 issues weekly when I was a teen to 1 issue a year if I feel like having a treat. :cry:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Haywood's secret file is called "Cataract" secret weapons program. Obviously a play on Vision. dude obviously got up to some weird poo poo during the 5 years of superpower induced trauma

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I assume we are going to get an army of Vision-bots a la Ultron by the end of this? SWORD having Observed the remains of a Sentient Weapon for five years, then Responded by Creating their own personal army of them?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

BurritoJustice posted:

Haywood's secret file is called "Cataract" secret weapons program. Obviously a play on Vision. dude obviously got up to some weird poo poo during the 5 years of superpower induced trauma

Am I the only one who read that as Cataphract? I blame Age of Empires.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

tsob posted:

its' all stuff by a crowd called Screen Culture, who seem to mostly be repackaging the same one or two trailers with different cuts. [...] Which makes me wonder if they really were actually flooding the place in spots, or if it was just an impression built up by channels like Screen Culture that just put up a constant stream of clickbaity apparent trailers and to get views. Including, looking at the results I got from a search for WandaVision stuff just now, apparent trailers for both She-Hulk and a Super Bowl spot for Spider-Man Homeworlds (which I presume is their assumed name for the next Spiderman film; though I don't believe any official name has been announced), with the She-Hulk thumb being a shot of Tatiana Malsany from Orphan Black.

I've already blocked Screen Culture from showing up on my recs because I realized quickly that they keep posting trailers made from edits of existing eps and even material not from the same studio, and then posting them with clickbaity titles like "Wandavision Promo 6" or whatever. Same with that "She-Hulk trailer".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, over here in my country was the same. At one moment there were Marvel and DC comic books but I think they were really hard to find, specially if you didn't live in Mexico City and weren't like older than 15, and at some moment they went out of print. So for kids, we only knew of stuff like Looney Tunes, Garfield and Condorito stuff. Barbie had a comic but it was more of a huge toy ad. Everything else was kinky adults-only comic books. Newspaper Spider-man and the Phantom were also a thing, but only in certain states and certain newspapers. They were a must read whenever visited my grandparents. Anyways, I think 90's X-men was an absolute hit because that's when Marvel decided to get back the rights of their titles and find a smaller and cheaper printing company.

We got this sweet X-men Flipbook comics, which were two issues in one. It was so they could print stuff that was related to the cartoon, and on the other side whatever X-men story they wanted, usually the ones with crossovers with Spider-man and what not. Fist issue I ever bought was Bishop's first appearance. For a twelve year old that was so rad.

Anyways, at some moment there was a boom in comic books and manga. This old and large printing company -the one who printed DC and Marvel in the 80's- bought the rights for Marvel comics, started to sell too expensive, the original owner died and it went in to bankruptcy.

Today is another printing company that's in charge, but oh god...they usually sell only omnibus editions and they are crazy expensive. I went from buying 2-5 issues weekly when I was a teen to 1 issue a year if I feel like having a treat. :cry:

I forgot about newspaper comics. I loved Calvin & Hobbes as a kid, though I only ever read whatever strip was in the Sunday paper when I visited my grandmother. It wasn't until mid teens when I realized there was things like omnibuses, because a friend had a few collected editions at his house when I went over and I immediately borrowed and read them all. I can sympathize on the cost though. When I first got a job and moved out, I had moved to a much bigger city and it had a proper comics store (rather than the local newsagent I'd been buying collected stuff from for years at home), which had the normal Marvel and DC stuff and I started buying them. At some point after a year or two though I realized I was spending more than €100 a month, often substantially more and stopped because that was bonkers. I know the addition of color along with better paper quality is nice and all, but I think maybe the poorer "pulp" quality paper from the early to mid 20th century might have been better just because then the hobby doesn't cost a loving fortune. Japan's manga all being sold in bulk magazines with 10 or 20 titles in one go sounds amazing too, and certainly they have a lot more healthy comic scene than America appears to have these days.

Argue posted:

I've already blocked Screen Culture from showing up on my recs because I realized quickly that they keep posting trailers made from edits of existing eps and even material not from the same studio, and then posting them with clickbaity titles like "Wandavision Promo 6" or whatever. Same with that "She-Hulk trailer".

Yeah, I blocked them a week or two ago for the same reason but they still show up in searches and I was trying to find a way to block them from even showing up in searches this morning because the two trailers were obviously just made using footage from other shows.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, generally if an actual trailer comes out, you're going to hear about it.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

live with fruit posted:

Do the commercials that Disney actually puts out run on regular TV or are they just for the internet?

I definitely see them on TV.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

XboxPants posted:

I'm wondering what's going on with Wanda & Pietro's childhood, now. They have started to bring a lot of attention to it, which is a weird thing to do if they wanted to just brush it aside and ask us not to question it too much. Any ideas who the guy with the skin condition is?

My impression is that skin condition orphan doesn't exist and Wanda was making him up to try to trick Pietro into claiming he remembered it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Given literally the entire concept of the show, it'd be pretty silly if they expected the audience to 'brush aside and not question' ANYTHING. I suppose this is the MCU trying to be subtle and meta so they might screw it up, but still.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I was a big fan of last week's episode but less so of this one. The Malcolm in the Middle homage struck me as inconsistent with the tone of the previous episodes and kind of obnoxious. While they debuted in the late 80s, a Full House or Roseanne homage might have provided more fertile grounds for overt horror than Wanda's kids constantly mugging the camera.

I also wasn't a fan of the scenes in the "real world." Everything in the military base strikes me as a little off, with discoveries coming too easy and the characters there being more flat than the people living inside the sitcom. Still, a lot happened and I'm interested in seeing where the show goes next week.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 12, 2021

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

wait is the xmen guy named pietro too i thought he was peter

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
A few things I noticed:

1. I think one of the movies in the background is Night of the living dead.
2. When Wanda starts talking to the community watch guy, did anyone notice the person in the plague mask is looking at Wanda the whole time?
3. I think they are playing both sides with Agnes because she is dressed as a witch and has white hair. Much like Emma Caufield's character who was suppose to be the whole center of this or Pietro who feels like he is trying to manipulate her. On the other hand, she was just passing through might also be true as her car is not from NJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Rabid Snake posted:

The malcolm in the middle intro really made me feel old as hell

i remember when that show came out and was releasing new episodes

gently caress

edit: gently caress my account is as old as malcolm in the middle christ

Dude, I feel your pain. Loved the ep and it was the first era flashback I was alive for and I was shocked how well they captured that. I miss early 00s/ late 90s commercials with rad animals.

Hoping like the one goon that Wanda truly is the big bad. Don’t mind smaller parts by minor villains but always liked when heroes break when they realise all their godlike powers are not enough: see pre Rez 90s Hal Jordan. The execution was meh but the concept I always thought was gold. If this is all a plot by Dormammu or Nightmare I will be so disappointed.