Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Christ I missed that this happened earlier.

You think you're seeing all of it and it just keeps going. Around the 10 second mark where they pause you're already like 'holy poo poo that's terrible.'

e: took that out of inline posting because some people obviously didn't make it. It's not graphic but giant, giant multiple car crash scene that you can only take in from helicopter.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grittybeard posted:

You think you're seeing all of it and it just keeps going. Around the 10 second mark where they pause you're already like 'holy poo poo that's terrible.'

e: took that out of inline posting because some people obviously didn't make it. It's not graphic but giant, giant multiple car crash scene that you can only take in from helicopter.

Christ on a bike, I heard about it but that's way bigger than I expected

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Posting to find this page on Saturday when I can watch the twitter video on my laptop

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't hear about this until just now, so I had to look it up. Over 130 vehicles were in the wreck, jfc. The fact that only six people are dead is a loving miracle

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I read every single post, and this isn't the only chat thread I read.

Not gonna click the link to the death crash tho. I read all the posts but I don't click every link.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

Not gonna click the link to the death crash tho. I read all the posts but I don't click every link.

I felt kinda silly taking it out because it's not graphic, but man it's a whole lot of crumpled cars and semi's sitting on top of other cars. Glad I did since if someone doesn't want to see that they don't have to.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we were right behind a guy who totaled his car a week ago (did I post the cam vid here?) and I been thinking this week about what could have happened to me or my wife or other people on the road as that guy's car violently flipped over and slid across the freeway at like 70mph. Just don't wanna plant more crash video into my head today.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

I felt kinda silly taking it out because it's not graphic, but man it's a whole lot of crumpled cars and semi's sitting on top of other cars. Glad I did since if someone doesn't want to see that they don't have to.

It loads anyway on the awful app apparently

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

It loads anyway on the awful app apparently

Well poo poo I don't know how to change that without removing the link entirely.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It didn’t for me on awful app. You are good.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Halfway into the expanse season 3.

This show rules. Holy cow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Working in insurance desensitized me to car wrecks. Everything pales in comparison to the scene photos from a guy who :nms: secured one end of a chain around a tree, one end of a chain around his neck, sat in the driver seat of his car, and threw a cinder block on the accelerator

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I'm just a few episodes ahead of you. It is pretty great. Vibe changes a bit once Amazon production takes over but not uniformly for the worse.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm just a few episodes ahead of you. It is pretty great. Vibe changes a bit once Amazon production takes over but not uniformly for the worse.

If ive learned one thing so far, its that if anything is gonna go bad you have 2 options.

1.) Make Lasagna
2.) Talk like a cowboy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wandavision status: poo poo's still v. hosed up!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Gun to your head: Bobby or Drummer

Who’s your ride or die

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Working in insurance desensitized me to car wrecks. Everything pales in comparison to the scene photos from a guy who :nms: secured one end of a chain around a tree, one end of a chain around his neck, sat in the driver seat of his car, and threw a cinder block on the accelerator

I saw that season of American Horror Story too!

RIP Kathy Bates

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Politico did a longform piece on Nikki Haley if anyone needs something to pick at today at work

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/magazine-nikki-haleys-choice/

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Who’s your ride or die

Bobby is a house, but Drummer is just a straight badass.

Camina forever

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Politico did a longform piece on Nikki Haley if anyone needs something to pick at today at work

She just needs to gently caress off and sequester herself behind the second gate forever.

gently caress Nikki Haley.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Who’s your ride or die

Drummer's a cool customer, but Bobbie is a goddamned walking death machine, even before she climbs into her actual walking death machine.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The actress for Drummer just leans so hard into the belter aesthetic, dialect, and behavior.

Bobby is just like "oy mate, oi'm doin vis fah mahs." /murder

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Yeah, but she's supposed to be playing a jarhead. It fits perfectly. Plus Drummer gets a hell of a lot more screen time.

Both of them are great for their roles (and I'll be mad if I don't see Cara Gee in more stuff after this).

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

FizFashizzle posted:

That lead is a gimmick that loving worked.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I done told you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/publicroad/status/1359863915560243200

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Expanse is awesome, in part because I read all of the books and think that the show improves on some aspects of them in major ways (especially Season 3, holy cow)

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

[/lurk]
  • Expanse is awesome. The pace has been uneven this season and last but I sort of like seeing comparatively mundane parts of life play out as they're impacted by global or universal events. Drummer > Bobby; both < Avasarala. Still laughing at Alex's actor getting edited out like Stalin's generals because he can't stop being a creep. Bummed that there's only one more season but happy that they'll go out on their own terms.
  • WandaVision is great. I'm dorking out pointing out to my partner the significance of stuff like the commercial breaks or the surprise visitor at the end of the last episode. I'm also appreciating the fanbase for being more tolerant of a slow burn than previously expected. Hoping that the Marvel fanbase doesn't devolve over time into slavish devotion to nostalgia and pre-emptive, unnecessarily bitter disappointment like you see out of the Star Wars and Star Trek fanbases.
  • Need to pick up some shows that aren't comics or sci-fi so we're starting Killing Eve and What We Do In The Shadows. Thanks also to whoever here suggested The Goes Wrong Show.
  • Was planning on making a business trip to Bryan this weekend until I saw video of that Fort Worth wreck and that FedEx truck flying into the pile at full speed. No one argued when we asked to punt to next week.
  • Would love to hear any tips people have for dealing with sleep problems or insomnia. I'm sleeping a normal amount of time and I have no problem getting down, but it's almost all light sleep. REM is negligible and deep sleep is non-existent. Likewise, progression in the weight room has stalled, I'm picking up a little bit of weight, and I find myself feeling exhausted around 2pm. Tried not looking at my phone in bed, not eating within three hours of bedtime, listening to stuff on Calm or other mindfulness apps, not taking naps, etc. but nothing seems to change sleep quality so far. Wondering what other variables I should be looking at.
  • The chat thread has been a nice reprieve from isolation from time to time. Like Leperfish, I read pretty much every post though I might skip a page or two when y'all occasionally verge into anime. Glad to see everyone getting new jobs, new relationships, new pets, new skills, etc. as well as those who are continuing to persevere through awful poo poo.
[lurk]

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

We finished Season 3 of Downton Abbey last night, and I am pretty surprised at how willing that show is to kill off main characters. Also the last episode or two of each season is like 90 minutes, christ.

Also went into work yesterday and got the edibles my coworker picked up for me when she was in CA a couple weeks ago. Very excited to have something we can just buy instead of relying on me making cookies to keep us supplied.

Anals of History posted:

• What We Do In The Shadows

:hellyeah:

Killing Eve isn't a bad way to pass time, either, although we're not getting through season 3 nearly as quickly as we did the first two.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I had heard that the Expanse is only doing one more season. Very interesting, seems like it's going to end very differently than the books. Makes sense to leave off where they do though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

Who’s your ride or die

It should be zero surprise, but Bobbie for me

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

shirts and skins posted:

I had heard that the Expanse is only doing one more season. Very interesting, seems like it's going to end very differently than the books. Makes sense to leave off where they do though.

They were very precise in the way they worded it, which makes me (and some others) think there will be more material coming out whether in form of a movie, animated series, etc.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

It should be zero surprise, but Bobbie for me

Does she give you a moto-boner

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Anals of History posted:

[/lurk]
[*]Would love to hear any tips people have for dealing with sleep problems or insomnia. I'm sleeping a normal amount of time and I have no problem getting down, but it's almost all light sleep. REM is negligible and deep sleep is non-existent. Likewise, progression in the weight room has stalled, I'm picking up a little bit of weight, and I find myself feeling exhausted around 2pm. Tried not looking at my phone in bed, not eating within three hours of bedtime, listening to stuff on Calm or other mindfulness apps, not taking naps, etc. but nothing seems to change sleep quality so far. Wondering what other variables I should be looking at.
[lurk]

Oof, I'm in the same "fall asleep easily enough, get enough hours, but the sleep isn't great and I'm forever exhausted" boat. I know I don't get enough exercise and am super stressed out 100% of the time due to issues with anxiety. Five months ago I finished weaning myself off 14 years of clonazepam use which is for sure messing with my brain. I'm hoping that with time my brain reaches a better baseline and sleep improves but I'm not really sure what else to do if it doesn't.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Huh. Got a Jackbox email and there's apparently a "Live, Lash, Love" Valentine's Day edition of Quiplash 3 available in the featured content section of the game. I didn't know they put out special editions like that.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Who’s your ride or die

My head say Bobby, but my heart says Drummer.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Its Bobbie with an "ie" you fools

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Guze posted:

Its Bobbie with an "ie" you fools

Maybe if your one of those drat martians. :clint:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Drummer sacrificed one of her husbands for the rest of her family and friends.

She's the pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

Does she give you a moto-boner

It's funny but it's Avarsala who gives me the uncomfortable, weird [figurative] boner.