Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

(he pledged to vote for the Democrats for the rest of his life anyways)

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

it's cool if you have problems with AOC or Bernie, there's a lot of lovely things they support and times they've played ball when they shouldn't have but "they aren't forcing a vote on DOA legislation!" is the battlecry of a mark

Lmao someone post the aoc tweet about how forcing a vote on DOA legislation is actually a good thing

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Suspicious posted:

the democrats' purpose is to spectacularly fail to accomplish anything in a very enraging way to ensure a republican reelection so that they can feebly claim that they tried while the neoliberals continue to plunder the world

there’s no Wikipedia page for the concept of controlled opposition

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1359583701454237698

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I forget who said it, but I remember a quote from years ago, that went something like “America is a one party state, but in typical American decadence, they have two of them.”

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

means-testing is an addiction for these people

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shipon posted:

student loans are not remotely close to "you owe 10% of your income to your college in perpetuity"

look at the millionaire over here

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Taintrunner posted:

I've been extremely fortunate not to lose work during the pandemic.

on one hand I feel really bad for all of these people who are going to get completely screwed, again, by the democrat party.

but I also can't help think about all the times I heard liberals chastise working class people "voting against their interests" by not voting Dems. Well...they did this time and look what happened!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Biden has 98% approval from Democrats so maybe they just like this stuff??

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Boggles the mind that people expected anything better from a Biden administration. Guy campaigned on a return to the status quo.

Libs got their brains twisted up around the idea that the problem was Trump and that everything would be better once he was gone and I'm wondering if they were just not around somehow during the Obama administration.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zeroisanumber posted:

Boggles the mind that people expected anything better from a Biden administration. Guy campaigned on a return to the status quo.

Libs got their brains twisted up around the idea that the problem was Trump and that everything would be better once he was gone and I'm wondering if they were just not around somehow during the Obama administration.

Libs don't pay attention when their guy is in office. His name has a "D" next to it, and a blue background, that's all that matters.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Zeroisanumber posted:

At this point I'm convinced Biden is getting impeached and removed after the midterms, bc the Republicans will have a supermajority like we've never seen

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

SchnorkIes posted:

At this point I'm convinced Biden is getting impeached and removed after the midterms, bc the Republicans will have a supermajority like we've never seen

God I hope so. It would be the ultimate dismissal of his garbage idea of bipartisanship.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

God I hope so. It would be the ultimate dismissal of his garbage idea of bipartisanship.

what is more bipartisan than complete control of the us government by republicans with all remaining democrats meekly submitting? on that note, the last 4 years were very bipartisan.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nitrousoxide posted:

If the other party openly plotting to murder Democrats doesn't disabuse them of their bipartisan ideals, nothing will.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Dems will say he didn't bipartisan hard enough and double down on giving into Republican demands.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tetrabor posted:

Dems will say he didn't bipartisan hard enough and double down on giving into Republican demands.

I'm seriously loling over the polling showing Biden at almost total unanimous approval from Democrats while underwater with conservatives when his entire pitch was " well Democrats might not all like him but he has Republican outreach!" It's totally just Democrats rearanging all their expectations so that they can agree the party is perfect while as usually the people they are trying to reach don't like them any more than normal.

I can't see his in party support dropping under 90% ever since politics has totally become brand identity.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
republican politician are generally monsters, but their perpetual contempt for democrats is very relatable.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm seriously loling over the polling showing Biden at almost total unanimous approval from Democrats while underwater with conservatives when his entire pitch was " well Democrats might not all like him but he has Republican outreach!" It's totally just Democrats rearanging all their expectations so that they can agree the party is perfect while as usually the people they are trying to reach don't like them any more than normal.

I can't see his in party support dropping under 90% ever since politics has totally become brand identity.

Manufacturing consent like never before.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

Manufacturing consent like never before.

The media I consume has no bias and is totally rational which is why I agree with it on everything.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

surprised it's not closer to 100% honestly, once you strip away any semblance of policy goals or ideology, the only possible definition of what it means to be a Democrat is just "supporting Democrat politicians"

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm seriously loling over the polling showing Biden at almost total unanimous approval from Democrats while underwater with conservatives when his entire pitch was " well Democrats might not all like him but he has Republican outreach!"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

republican politician are generally monsters, but their perpetual contempt for democrats is very relatable.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Plank Walker posted:

surprised it's not closer to 100% honestly, once you strip away any semblance of policy goals or ideology, the only possible definition of what it means to be a Democrat is just "supporting Democrat politicians"

Its 98% lol, its well within the MOE of 100. Its funny cause Obama only had 83% of dems at this point, and the exact same numbers with independents 61%.

Tbf a big chunk of that 15% difference were probably bitter PUMA types who turned full chud, but still.

One More Fat Nerd has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Feb 11, 2021

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

:greenangel:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nitrousoxide posted:

Without serious voting reform to make the country more democratic, the bipartisanship problem is probably going to solve itself, lmao.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Pragmatic_Soul/status/1359726328077950979?s=20

okay this one is really on the nose for the thread title

https://twitter.com/jsj11113/status/1359431681476812805?s=2

even better!

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 22:20 on Feb 11, 2021

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Its 98% lol, its well within the MOE of 100. Its funny cause Obama only had 83% of dems at this point, and the exact same numbers with independents 61%.

Tbf a big chunk of that 15% difference were probably bitter PUMA types who turned full chud, but still.

I can only assume part of the reason is that Trump melted people's brains to the point where they feel if they don't approve of whatever Not Republican does they are being morally bad.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

We're on the express elevator to hell, but at least I'll get to laugh at the libs on the way down.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm guessing that 'flourishing' city had a bunch of protests against police brutality last year.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm guessing that 'flourishing' city had a bunch of protests against police brutality last year.

I think you mean an outbreak of innocent, misled activists being fooled by white insurrectionists who just want to make sensible reforms on a status quo protecting timeline seem unpopular!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Lol owned

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

waving a magical sigil that just says “impeached” at a bunch of white nationalists that Biden already said aren’t the enemy and we must unite with them

https://twitter.com/Ilovemydawgs23/status/1360114425072558080?s=20

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
every time I see that stupid Brooklyn dad username my blood pressure goes up. even if he wasn’t a piece of poo poo I would hate him with every fiber of my being just for that username

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lol "he's doing the best he can"

Democrats have a trifecta and are passing the checks through a parliamentary maneuver that only requires a simple majority. If they want $2000 they can put $2000 in the bill, it's their bill, they're writing it because no Republican will ever vote for it no matter what they do. The only thing stopping them from fulfilling their $2000 promise is their own unwillingness to do it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

a Loving Dog posted:

every time I see that stupid Brooklyn dad username my blood pressure goes up. even if he wasn’t a piece of poo poo I would hate him with every fiber of my being just for that username

more like Brooklyn Bad

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

VitalSigns posted:

lol "he's doing the best he can"

Democrats have a trifecta and are passing the checks through a parliamentary maneuver that only requires a simple majority. If they want $2000 they can put $2000 in the bill, it's their bill, they're writing it because no Republican will ever vote for it no matter what they do. The only thing stopping them from fulfilling their $2000 promise is their own unwillingness to do it.

yeah but have you considered that $1400 + $600 = $2000, learn math you illiterate prole and stop demanding more from your betters you lowly idiot.

also don't forget to vote democrat in 2022!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Still lolling that $2000 was originally a Trump proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah but have you considered that $1400 + $600 = $2000, learn math you illiterate prole and stop demanding more from your betters you lowly idiot.

also don't forget to vote democrat in 2022!

https://twitter.com/20naomijess21/status/1360236306668912640?s=2

https://twitter.com/Aprile529/status/1360211687966715905?s=20

doing that important voter outreach for the midterms!