Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

A Scottish podcast
ALAB
Chapo
Casefile
Episode 1
Ghost stories for the end of the world
Lou reads the internet for you
F plus
Point vs point
Qanon anonymous
Someone knows something
Street fight
The dollop
Trillbilly worker party
True anon
Tunnels
What a time to be alive
You must remember this

Every time I've tried to listen to F Plus it's just some assholes laughing very hard at their own bad jokes.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I only have the free feed and enough podcasts in rotation to not need more content, but I feel like recently the best E1s have been the scripted ones (air dad and princess diana) which is kind of unfortunate because the basic premise is great

I'm going to second Hootington bringing up ALAB. This thread got me onto that and it's just a joy to listen to every time. They really wait til they have something to say before they start recording

ALAB is funny? I assumed it was like 5-4, which had it's moments but was mainly "and here's another way a few people made the world worse in a way you can do absolutely nothing about"

xtal posted:

Blocked Party, Citations Needed, Gayest Episode Ever, Sandy and Nora, Code Switch

ALAB is fantastic but they don't release often enough so I end up getting my fix from Citations Needed most of the time

The premise of Gayest Episode Ever is fantastic, I'll definitely give that a try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

Every time I've tried to listen to F Plus it's just some assholes laughing very hard at their own bad jokes.

What do you expect from goons?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

ALAB is funny? I assumed it was like 5-4, which had it's moments but was mainly "and here's another way a few people made the world worse in a way you can do absolutely nothing about"

The premise of Gayest Episode Ever is fantastic, I'll definitely give that a try

ALAB is very funny. If you're unsure listen to episode 4 and 5 "Weeb wars" about the anime voice actor's #metoo lawsuit

ALAB is less "here's why the world sucks and you can't do anything about it" and more like "the world is loving absurd and we're just going to sit here and revel in the absurdity"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gripweed posted:

I agree I really can not get into F Plus despite some interesting “topics” (which felt only tangentially covered sometimes). it’s like if GBS mock (Everest/fat people/Xbox ram/r/relationships) thread had a podcast

which may be exactly what it is, idk. I’ve only tried it a few times but I couldn’t even finish on

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

HashtagGirlboss posted:

ALAB is very funny. If you're unsure listen to episode 4 and 5 "Weeb wars" about the anime voice actor's #metoo lawsuit

ALAB is less "here's why the world sucks and you can't do anything about it" and more like "the world is loving absurd and we're just going to sit here and revel in the absurdity"

isn't the host like a CIA informer or some poo poo tho?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

thotsky posted:

Oh really? That's news to me but I guess I wouldn't be terribly surprised. You got details?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
ALAB literally means they're lawyers and bastards.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

thotsky posted:

the hell dude is not a CIA informant lmfao

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

thotsky posted:

You thinking of behind the bastards - robert evans?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
yeah, yeah the captain america guy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fatelvis posted:

You thinking of behind the bastards - robert evans?

Remember when he said he only informs the feds about right wing groups. :allears:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah dont confuse behind the bastards, the CIA podcast, with ALAB, a podcast that genuinely supports the methods and goals of al qaeda

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

THS posted:

yeah dont confuse behind the bastards, the CIA podcast, with ALAB, a podcast that genuinely supports the methods and goals of al qaeda

So they both support CIA operations?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

thotsky posted:

yeah, yeah the captain america guy

No, the Kid Stays In The Picture guy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've been thinking about relistening to certain behind the bastards to see if he does leave put the US involvement in every bastard he covers.

Edit:
Listen to Alex plan's theater of delights

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Feb 12, 2021

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been thinking about relistening to certain behind the bastards to see if he does leave put the US involvement in every bastard he covers.

I listen to them when the topic looks interesting. The Mussolini one (I think) had this pretty funny moment where his guest started ranting about horseshoe theory being right and he gave some tepid pushback and then launched into a tankies rant about the Grayzone's funding without any indication he'd thought too hard about Bellingcat

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

So they both support CIA operations?

taking away agency from motivated arab jihadists who had every reason to coordinate attacks on U$ imperialism is a great insult to the martyrs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I listen to them when the topic looks interesting. The Mussolini one (I think) had this pretty funny moment where his guest started ranting about horseshoe theory being right and he gave some tepid pushback and then launched into a tankies rant about the Grayzone's funding without any indication he'd thought too hard about Bellingcat

lmfao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

yeah it was pretty funny. Basically implied Max and Ben were like Mussolini taking money from foreign powers to destabilize their country

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
robert evans is a nato anarchist that tried to make excuses for the bolivian coup, the single most slam dunk case of 'this is bad' in recent geopolitics for any person claiming to be a leftist.

mila kunis has issued a correction as of 18:27 on Feb 12, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

I agree I really can not get into F Plus despite some interesting “topics” (which felt only tangentially covered sometimes). it’s like if GBS mock (Everest/fat people/Xbox ram/r/relationships) thread had a podcast

which may be exactly what it is, idk. I’ve only tried it a few times but I couldn’t even finish on

it's literally a continuation of Portal of Evil :eng99:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
If you like the Nate Bethea extended universe Milo from Trash future and Phoebe from 10,000 posts are doing a podcast that is (very loosely) about Seinfeld called Master of Our Domain

VERY ymmv but if you like the comedy on Trashfuture you'll probably like this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Are there any other good podcasts? I have to drive a lot more for my job now, and I'm running out of podcasts. I tried to get back into My Favorite Murder but it seems like they've run out of anecdotes for the half hour of banter in each episode and aren't generating new anecdotes because of Covid, and so that segment is just dire now.

Minion Death Cult is good, they trawl through the insane fever swamp of boomer facebook and examine the weirdest floaters
Rude Tales of Magic is Branson Reese and friends playing d&d and it's the most consistently funny podcast there is
Trashfuture is sometimes about the UK but generally about how stupid everything is now we live in the future we were promised

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Victory Position posted:

it's literally a continuation of Portal of Evil :eng99:

I really don't know what that is :|

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
lol @ Will stopping mid-pod to get his cat down from something while uttering curses under his breath

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

thotsky posted:

this loving forum lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
helldude is in ISIS.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

MikeCrotch posted:

If you like the Nate Bethea extended universe Milo from Trash future and Phoebe from 10,000 posts are doing a podcast that is (very loosely) about Seinfeld called Master of Our Domain

VERY ymmv but if you like the comedy on Trashfuture you'll probably like this

10k Posts is pretty good but if you hate extremely online stuff it is not for you. Phoebe is the new star of the trashverse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh boy, Qanonanonymous had a nerd talk about Deleuze for half an hour.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

I turned it off when I realized it was going to be someone talking about nerd bullshit in a dry monotone for an hour.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nerd poo poo -> :guinness: <- me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

the other website, where this website is the website

FARK.com is FARK.com

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Xaris posted:

Portal of Evil was a web site that was a list of other web sites, run (I think) by the Old Man Murray guys. It's how I was introduced to SA.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I turned it off when I realized it was going to be someone talking about nerd bullshit in a dry monotone for an hour.

Did any of the other hosts even talk the entire time, because I had it on in the background and it got annoying enough that I had to change it?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
nathan robinson reading out a letter from the chief editor of the guardian firing him for being anti-semitic in his pseudo british accent is incredibly apt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
nathan robinson lives in new orleans metairie and his accent absolutely makes women dry up there

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

prefect posted:

Portal of Evil was a web site that was a list of other web sites, run (I think) by the Old Man Murray guys. It's how I was introduced to SA.

yeah, my explanation sort of sucked, so I should elaborate

Portal Of Evil was about witnessing the poo poo and commenting on the poo poo, whereas Something Awful was about rolling around in it and participating in it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Victory Position posted:

whereas Something Awful was about rolling around in it and participating in it

:dings:

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

Protagorean posted:

lol @ Will stopping mid-pod to get his cat down from something while uttering curses under his breath

That's the content I crave. The combined Chapo-Cum Town catbox saga was one of the greatest crossovers in audiophonic history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I liked the episode, made me want to try reading Anti-Oedipus again