Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dang I didn’t know the Democratic Party was calling for violence against Republicans this whole time. I’ve got to really rethink my opinion of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Ok but Trump did this on January 6th when the electors were being certified and said that if Pence didn't do the right thing there would be consequences gently caress you...

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
“Benjamin Franklin”. Drink!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the guys a loving ambulance chaser from Philadelphia. lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How many more years before proceedings like this just degenerate into Judge Judy or Jerry Springer levels of discourse? Because we seem to be inching closer and closer to that.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Chuck Todd comparing this to a rushed term paper made me laugh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DukeDuke posted:

Chuck Todd comparing this to a rushed term paper made me laugh

it is. i have done it. still got B and passed. so will that possibly.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1360302885305729024?s=19

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah i assume a lot of this will come out via "questions" in the 4 hour q&a period, where democrats ask Raskin/etc to respond to those allegations

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean no poo poo they are lying.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1360302888757710854

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 12, 2021

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

eke out posted:

yeah i assume a lot of this will come out via "questions" in the 4 hour q&a period, where democrats ask Raskin/etc to respond to those allegations

They want to turn this into a trial on the motives of the Democratic managers and not Trump.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

eke out posted:

They're fully prepared to not answer the question and go on a rant instead, and if someone tells them they have to answer the question, just act all confused.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

They want to turn this into a trial on the motives of the Democratic managers and not Trump.

yeah probably not that specific thing, but they'll respond to the outright lies about faking evidence because it's such an easy own

Xombie posted:

They're fully prepared to not answer the question and go on a rant instead, and if someone tells them they have to answer the question, just act all confused.

no, i mean, democrats can ask the democratic managers questions to effectively allow rebuttal on whatever topic they want

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ron Johnson really aiming for the "dumbest man in Congress" crown, really picking up the pace

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Ron Johnson really aiming for the "dumbest man in Congress" crown, really picking up the pace

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1360306619460931584

Lisa Murkowski aiming to make it the "dumbest person in Congress" crown.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay this one got me, I had to walk outside for a minute

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

Ah there's that brave "present" vote :allears:

Really taking a stand

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Angry_Ed posted:

She's not saying that because she's dumb. She's saying that because she's complicit.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SubG posted:

She's not saying that because she's dumb. She's saying that because she's complicit.

Being complicit in defending Donald Trump is a sign of stupidity, change my mind :colbert:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I thought this was what I heard, holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1360295481918824450?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

wait what. i quit watching after johnson gurgled his love.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

In before Trump's defense team drifts into defending chuds right to drop N-bombs wherever and whenever they please

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1360310761906532353?s=19

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The actions of a man who should be expelled from Congress but knows he won't be.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

How much longer is the trial officially sanctioned for?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nonsense posted:

They theoretically have today and tomorrow for the defense, with Sunday for questions. Vote would be next week.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nonsense posted:

The defense has up to 16 hours, but they won't use more than 4 of them.

Then there's questions and a vote whether or not to call witnesses.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
It wasn't an insurrection because Trump didn't have a plan to take over the TV stations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
"It wasn't an insurrection because they didn't take over the TV stations" is a hell of a take.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How is this remotely allowed?

No one is allowed to object to the clown show but Ted Cruz can be the hidden lawyer on the defense team?

Can't they at least be held in contempt or something? What a loving shitshow of a system

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Donald Trump’s Second Impeachment: Played video showing Dems using the word “fight”

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SubG posted:

"It wasn't an insurrection because they didn't take over the TV stations" is a hell of a take.

"It's only an insurrection if it comes from the Danish West Indies otherwise it's only a sparkling rebellion"

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
ITS THE SAME VIDEO LOL

What the gently caress this is the stupidest thing.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I’m not sure which Senator I hate the most - either Cruz or Graham for their amount of lovely weasel ness. I mean, Mitch McConnell is a given, but these two specifically seem to do the most of amount of stupid acts that would and should get anyone fired from a job.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

ITS THE SAME VIDEO LOL

Really making sure whatever intern had to do this is getting his exposure bux

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
I think the music is the most egregious part.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Rabble posted:

ITS THE SAME VIDEO LOL

I missed it earlier, but :laffo: at the music in the pro-Trump parts and the beating drums during the "evil" parts

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ringo Star Get posted:

I’m not sure which Senator I hate the most - either Cruz or Graham for their amount of lovely weasel ness. I mean, Mitch McConnell is a given, but these two specifically seem to do the most of amount of stupid acts that would and should get anyone fired from a job.

The most annoying thing is that not even Republicans like Cruz but they would totally all go to the mat for him if an expulsion vote came up.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

id say graham. cruz was always gross opportunistic ghoul. Graham was too but he pretended to be "good moderate" long enough that dumb asses like myself, believed it to some degree. than he droped the mask hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

How is this remotely allowed?

No one is allowed to object to the clown show but Ted Cruz can be the hidden lawyer on the defense team?

Can't they at least be held in contempt or something? What a loving shitshow of a system

Whose job would it be to enforce it?