Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: BUT WHAT ABOUT COVID ALSO CANCEL CULTURE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
You can't convict my client, there's a pandemic!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Velocity Raptor posted:

So the entire defense is just "He didn't explicitly say 'Attack the Capitol' and therefore isn't guilty for inciting," huh?

E: "Ammiters"

Also cancel culture and "don't you have something better to do?"

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/AshleyRParker/status/1360318391219875847?s=09

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Xaiter posted:

Uh, I am not a lawyer but I am very interested to hear an actual lawyer's take on this.

On a scale of 1 to Incredibly Stupid, how dumb is it that a lawyer representing Trump is doubling down on the Georgia fraud arguments while there's still a pending investigation and potential litigation?

The Legal Eagle on this is going to slap

Pretty excited to see his run down, but I suspect it might just be 15 seconds of facepalm end video.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Stepped out for two hours - did I miss anything important?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Grouchio posted:

Stepped out for two hours - did I miss anything important?

You missed two hours of the most infuriating bullshit ever on C-Span.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rabble posted:

I think the music is the most egregious part.

If you play it backwards it says "Stop the Steal, my Sweet Satan"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Wait, did the defense team rest their case today? I thought they had til tomorrow night.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Didn't make the connection until Seth Meyers pointed it out, but Trump's council is the brother of defense from the previous impeachment trial.

Ya know, this guy:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Rabble posted:

"It couldn't have happened because of the timeline" ... Doesn't show any evidence to contradict the timeline.

That thing we all saw unfold on live television that was later assembled into a cohesive timeline never happened because there wasn't enough time.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Rabble posted:

WHY IS THERE MUSIC!

gently caress YOU

Caller on CSpan just commented how absurd that music was.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

biracial bear for uncut posted:

You missed two hours of the most infuriating bullshit ever on C-Span.
Good to know. Did the defense say they're resting?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Velocity Raptor posted:

Caller on CSpan just commented how absurd that music was.

I don't know why I listen to the callers on Cspan. The Trump ones are just so goddamn delusional.

"Trump is a godly man, a godly man would never incite violence" and "I don't watch the fake news media, I get my news from people on Facebook who were there"
"The people that broke in were CLEARLY Antifa"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Medullah posted:

I don't know why I listen to the callers on Cspan. The Trump ones are just so goddamn delusional.

"Trump is a godly man, a godly man would never incite violence" and "I don't watch the fake news media, I get my news from people on Facebook who were there"

The Republican callers are certainly plants, reading from scripts of talking points. The Democratic ones probably are, too.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Medullah posted:

Yeah, it really is eye opening how far gone these people are.

Caller right now: "Why are they charging Trump? He wasn't at the Capitol Building during the riot."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I take back what I said about Trump's defense team only getting sanctioned. They're definitely pushing to get disbarred.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Grouchio posted:

Good to know. Did the defense say they're resting?

I guess so. The CSpan anchor just said both sides have finished their statements and now they're going on to questions. They had all of tomorrow available, but I guess have decided not to use it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I mean, they know the GOP Senators are not going to vote to convict, so they only had to make a token effort.

And why not go whole-hog on the fever dream horse poo poo Trump would say if he was there himself. It doesn't matter.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Velocity Raptor posted:

I guess so. The CSpan anchor just said both sides have finished their statements and now they're going on to questions. They had all of tomorrow available, but I guess have decided not to use it.
I guess they originally thought the sizzle reel of Democrats saying "fight" would run longer.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
nicole wallace is talking about how GOP operatives told the media they would tell us about a "flurry of activity" trump did during the insurrection that'd prove he'd actually responded and they made literally no attempt to talk about it at all, actually hirono says she'd want to hear from relevant witnesses (not that i particularly think she speaks for the caucus or anything)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I mean, they know the GOP Senators are not going to vote to convict, so they only had to make a token effort.

And why not go whole-hog on the fever dream horse poo poo Trump would say if he was there himself. It doesn't matter.

Yeah the defense is only doing what they think necessary to get Trump to pay them

Which he probably won't anyways

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Are they finished for today or coming back for questions?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
The "Warren Saying Fight" video seems like retaliation for this video more than anything to do with the actual trial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/GabrielSterling/status/1360328039972941825 lol

georgia republican taking time to post about how trump's lawyers lied about this too

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

"To all those present, let it not be said that I did not accurately represent my client"

*proceeds to scarf down 3 big macs simultaneously, scream several racial slurs, and defecate on the Senate floor

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Velocity Raptor posted:

Yeah, they said there is more important stuff for the senate to do or they don't have anything else than the clips and they played all of them today multiple times.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ooooooh who had "Cancel Culture" on their Defense Bingo Card

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Cassidy is a no.

https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1360329711889612804

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I mean he's lying but we already knew Republicans were just going to lie and use that unhinged flailing of a "defense" as cover, or just say "well the prosecution didn't do a good enough job" while distracting people from the burning tire fire that was the "defense"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
"Nobody was armed, but if they were it was justified"

"also, there were the Chinese and I was hanging out with a cop AND a firefighter"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So is every Senator going to have a chance to ask questions? How much time will they have per Senator?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Ugh, I feel a little dirty that I now don't have a super negative opinion of Schumer :ohdear:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

So is every Senator going to have a chance to ask questions? How much time will they have per Senator?

5 minutes.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kalit posted:

Ugh, I feel a little dirty that I now don't have a super negative opinion of Schumer :ohdear:

What has changed your opinion of him?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Kalit posted:

I don't really get why people don't like him much - he's never had real power until the last 3 weeks.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's going on right now. I hope the questions go to the house managers and they shut the defense team out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
"This would not have happened if not for Donald Trump"

Good, keep repeating this.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I really hope the reports that Dem's would just do a straight vote on the COVID bill and not waste a week in committees is true - I need something to wash the stink of this out of my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Graham is such a loving moron. "Hurf durf bail funds"