Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angry_Ed posted:

I kind of enjoy the fact that Raskin is not having any of his poo poo and is just like "fine I'm going to explain this to you like you're 5"

yeah. i enjoy that the dems arnt having any of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

"Due Process is required" said during the process specifically outlined in the constitution to address matters like this involving the President. Also, LOL at "this was rushed" when McConnell specifically delayed it until after Biden was sworn in.

God dammit

DukeDuke posted:

if the Founders wanted Donald Trump to be impeachable after leaving office the Founding Fathers would have explicitly said so, bing bong so simple

Show me anywhere in the constitution it says anything about impeaching Donald Trump specifically? Something something founding fathers witch hunt

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Raskin doctrine

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Raskin Doctrine" aka what the Supreme Court said was incitement, which he then walks though and defends as "nuh-uh".

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

"Raskin Doctrine" aka what the Supreme Court said was incitement, which he then walks though and defends as "nuh-uh".

Seriously why does he keep bringing up Brandenburg and saying the exact opposite of what it says (apart from the fact that he's a terrible lawyer)

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Someone move for recess. Leahy is going to melt into his chair.

What is the blue thing defense council keeps massaging in his right hand?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Otteration posted:

Someone move for recess. Leahy is going to melt into his chair.

What is the blue thing defense council keeps massaging in his right hand?

Perhaps it is a fragment of the ORB

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Honestly this is going better than I was expecting. The just pure incompetence of his defense team is going to lead to some stellar ads against the Rs. "Do they believe in being impartial? Well, here's some clips of the Impeachment trial!"

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Angry_Ed posted:

:orb:

Medullah posted:

Honestly this is going better than I was expecting. The just pure incompetence of his defense team is going to lead to some stellar ads against the Rs. "Do they believe in being impartial? Well, here's some clips of the Impeachment trial!"

I want to see that "fight" supercut in the midterms.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So what're the odds that the Philly Ambulance Chaser references Pearl Harbor or 9/11 in saying "you can remember bad things in a bad way"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

yeah. the Rs are looking for easy questions and for some good tv shot, but they arnt even getting that because the Nilffgardian from Philiy keeps having a temper tantrum or giving dumbshit answers.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Angry_Ed posted:

So what're the odds that the Philly Ambulance Chaser references Pearl Harbor or 9/11 in saying "you can remember bad things in a bad way"

I'm surprised he didn't do it already. I feel like I could have done a better job refuting the Manager's case from just watching C-SPAN.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Echophonic posted:

I'm surprised he didn't do it already. I feel like I could have done a better job refuting the Manager's case from just watching C-SPAN.

Well yeah, you probably would've looked at the evidence for one :v:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Angry_Ed posted:

He keeps working it like it's a stress ball.

Always hire defense council that brings a stress ball to the party.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

A surprisingly useful question from Cassidy?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Echophonic posted:

yeah, the pedant part of me is annoyed because if you were smart, you could give trump plenty of cover for the GOP to aquite. but lol.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Wow a great question from Cassidy and the Trump lawyer is attacking the senator lol

And now upset that the prosecutor didn't do the defense's job for him.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
my feelings don’t care about your facts because the house didn’t investigate

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
*pounding desk* WITNESSES

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You should have been here on Jan 6. Hey-o!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Uh... is Trump's defense making a case for calling witnesses to verify these facts?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oh poo poo. looks like witnesses maybe. gently caress yeah.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DukeDuke posted:

my feelings don’t care about your facts because the house didn’t investigate

"If I don't look at the evidence then there is no evidence, so they must not have investigated" :downs:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

generic one posted:

*pounding desk* WITNESSES

Yeah, the defense counsel is making a pretty good case for more investigation and witnesses.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I'm right in thinking that the Senate is on holiday all of next week anyway so calling witnesses just cancels their break and doesn't get in the way of normal business?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Random Stranger posted:

Uh... is Trump's defense making a case for calling witnesses to verify these facts?

:lol:

This might be the greatest legal blunder in the history of English law

Just loving lmao yes give us witnesses from the Insurrection :getin:

Give us his staffers and the Mypillow guy and Flynn as well

Subpoenas folks!

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, the defense counsel is making a pretty good case for more investigation and witnesses.

He is really dying on the "There's just no way for me to find out what Trump did that day because the House didn't let us!" hill.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
YESSSSSS.

Where's Trumpy Bear to defend himself!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Medullah posted:

He is really dying on the "There's just no way for me to find out what Trump did that day because the House didn't let us!" hill.

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo, can we actually get Trump on the stand to testify? Is this happening?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

And Raskin takes advantage of the defense shooting themselves in the foot by stomping repeatedly.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

its all he has because he has no real defense and trump wont let him go "well look trump did a bad thing, but its too late to do anything, sorry" or some poo poo like that.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/1360358111006101505

wow

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Deteriorata posted:

That would be good. Anyone want to opine about the reality of the political timeline for calling witnesses?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Witnesses won't change the result, but they sure as gently caress will be the easiest political win in history.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

Witnesses won't change the result, but they sure as gently caress will be the easiest political win in history.

Having Donald Trump throw his base under the bus in the Senate chamber to save his own rear end is the easiest win so of course they're not going to do it.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
These guys need like every other question reread.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
“snap impeachment”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

generic one posted:

These guys need like every other question reread.

Happens a lot when you don't pay attention on purpose.