Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

1. Pascal has a sister who is trans, and Carano is maybe six months away from either terf concern trolling or explicit bigotry.
2. Pascal also has been very vocal about how much the Trump administration sucks rear end, so yeah.
3. No matter how much in your lovely, withered heart you want political opinion to have the same protected status as race, gender, or other marginalized peoples, it doesn’t.
4. gently caress you!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Manuel Calavera posted:

Also Qanon shaman terrorist's "religious beliefs" are a Nazi thing.
e - Also seconding the sentiment of "no I don't want these white supremacist terrorists treated worse. I want everyone forced into the prison-industrial complex to be treated better."

My personal feelings are more to the tune of "I don't want to see them tortured, but I do want to see them locked away until they won't hurt people".

America being a hellworld is not made any better by the prisons being instruments of hurting people instead of containing them.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

honking the horn on my Tesla ute like the simple country girl i am

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pants Donkey posted:

1. Pascal has a sister who is trans, and Carano is maybe six months away from either terf concern trolling or explicit bigotry.
2. Pascal also has been very vocal about how much the Trump administration sucks rear end, so yeah.
3. No matter how much in your lovely, withered heart you want political opinion to have the same protected status as race, gender, or other marginalized peoples, it doesn’t.
4. gently caress you!

I have no idea what any of this is about and I aim to keep it like that. so goodbye for a couple of days.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on parenting in a pandemic – The government risks ‘turning the clock back’ on gender equality by overlooking the labour market and caring inequalities faced by women during the pandemic, a report has warned"

Telegraph:

Matt Hancock lays out plan for reorganisation of NHS in England

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Pigs can be trained to use computer joysticks, say researchers

Evening Standard:

Evening Standard Comment: Happy anniversary Rishi — for now | Level up, not down

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... an uncertain summer

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

4. gently caress you!

Oh hey, they rebooted Cox and Forkum (sort of?). Had no idea.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

I have no idea what any of this is about and I aim to keep it like that. so goodbye for a couple of days.

It's a Baby Yoda Series thing?? I haven't seen it so I have no clue.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I had no idea you could set up internet under a rock.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hihohe posted:

I had no idea you could set up internet under a rock.

lol yeah any time someone on here - the Extremely Online forums - is somehow unaware of the big online news I scratch my head.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Not everyone follows tv/movie/actor news

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dumbass actor posts a ton of poo poo on twatter and finally got booted by Disney for saying that modern day Republicans have it just as bad as Jews in WW2-Germany. She was even set to get her own spin off series but just couldn't shut her stupid loving mouth.

E: It's quite possible the person who drew that strip isn't actually aware of why she got fired and is jumping to the wrong conclusion. A lot of the MSM has been really bad at explaining exactly what she did.
I saw some decent people coming to her defense, seeing the actual evidence and going "oh poo poo."

Lodin fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 12, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now she's doing a movie with Ben Shapiro about being canceled lmao

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lodin posted:

E: It's quite possible the person who drew that strip isn't actually aware of why she got fired and is jumping to the wrong conclusion. A lot of the MSM has been really bad at explaining exactly what she did.

Person who drew that strip got famous drawing Bush tonguebaths and racist garbage against Muslims during the WoT, they know exactly what they're doing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They are really trying to push the "fired because conservative" instead of "Fired because said conservatives are like Jews during the Holocaust" thing and its hilarious because everyone saved the tweet so she couldnt just delete it.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
Bad faith arguing is literally keeping the Republican party afloat.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D.N. Nation posted:

Person who drew that strip got famous drawing Bush tonguebaths and racist garbage against Muslims during the WoT, they know exactly what they're doing.

Oh poo poo. Well gently caress them with a rake then.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Hihohe posted:

They are really trying to push the "fired because conservative" instead of "Fired because said conservatives are like Jews during the Holocaust" thing and its hilarious because everyone saved the tweet so she couldnt just delete it.

See also every conservative news personality (And cartoonists like the ones featured in this thread) will tell you they registered as a Democrat a few election cycles ago, then switched parties because "The Left has gone too far" without elaborating on why they think that

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 12, 2021

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"PC" and now "cancel" culture going too far has always been code for "30 years ago everyone in my office would laugh at my joke about the blonde and the colored fellow, now when I tell it I have to go talk to HR?! Must be because of my MAGA hat."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Moon Slayer posted:

"PC" and now "cancel" culture going too far has always been code for "30 years ago everyone in my office would laugh at my joke about the blonde and the colored fellow, now when I tell it I have to go talk to HR?! Must be because of my MAGA hat."

It is kind of amazing how everyone who complains about "cancel culture" both agrees with someone they think is cancelled and refuses to state that openly

It's almost like one of the main effects of calling someone out on extremely lovely things they've said is that other people don't want to be associated with them anymore, exhibit a: the person who won't clarify who they're talking about

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

https://twitter.com/EgSophie/status/1347197585686224897

Garrison takes commissions from some very fine people. Mainly reposting this one because it's so drat weird

The gently caress?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

There's masturbatory and there's whatever that is. Smart people don't need to commission people to draw comics about how smart they are.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Smart people also don’t base their “I’m super smart!” comic commission off of a meme making fun of idiots who think they are smart so I think it’s safe to say they’re very much not smart

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

France made peace with Italy and Germany. There was a war, and France lost, and they had a peace treaty, and then they were out of the war. It was over. It only wasn't over in the sense that loving evil Brits murdered 1400 French sailors at Mers-el-Kébir out of pure paranoia. France wasn't conquered in the same way Poland was.

France wasn't conquered in the same way because the Germans saw them as civilized people and not sub-human animals unfit for nation status or uh, continuing to exist long term.
That was the difference.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:
Victoria is under a five day snap circuit breaker lockdown so that's the next week of cartoons sorted, spared a little today only because it's the weekend.

Pope:

Rowe:

Bridget McKenzie (former sports minister) and Peter Dutton (current home minister), both currently in pork barrelling rort scandals that will be drowned out by Victoria COVID politics.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Hopefully it's only a week of this.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven’t watched those shows for the entire Trump presidency...have they indeed just been entirely about him? I could believe it.

This is a great article. https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/how-liberal-late-night-talk-shows-became-a-comedy-sinkhole

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh poo poo, that dude's got a math equation on his nameplate, he must be a super genius!

It doesn't even make sense- what the hell is "Phi S?" The right side should be zero.

Sagebrush posted:

It's just a .jpg of a blog post. I don't know why people think it belongs in this thread.

Bill Watterson had that guy's number in 1987:

My grandfather wrote an angry letter to the newspaper complaining that they were cutting things like Snuffy Smith and Andy Capp and replacing them with Rugrats.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

As the writer puts it, in terms of the race to land a solid blow: “They’re not trying to beat the internet, they’re still just trying to beat your boring office coworkers.”

That definitely covers how I feel. Everything that I ever saw on those shows, I had read something 10 times funnier and more insightful on the Internet three weeks earlier. And probably by someone just doing it as a hobby.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jurgan posted:

This is a great article. https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/how-liberal-late-night-talk-shows-became-a-comedy-sinkhole

It doesn't even make sense- what the hell is "Phi S?" The right side should be zero.

My grandfather wrote an angry letter to the newspaper complaining that they were cutting things like Snuffy Smith and Andy Capp and replacing them with Rugrats.

There's a Foxtrot storyline about the dad being mad they're getting rid of some old comic strip he loves, and the rest of the family is like "great! it's been terrible forever!"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Is London the only significant municipality in the UK with respect to the GDP?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Samurai Sanders posted:

That definitely covers how I feel. Everything that I ever saw on those shows, I had read something 10 times funnier and more insightful on the Internet three weeks earlier. And probably by someone just doing it as a hobby.

Sir, shitposting is not a hobby. It is a sacred calling.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Is London the only significant municipality in the UK with respect to the GDP?

It's certainly dominant; the national economy is hugely centralised. London represents more than 20% of the national GDP while the next biggest city is at less than 4%.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can’t believe Carmen is an Obama supporter now.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

You can tell Ramirez did a good job of drawing the lying-down skeleton by his having to put a "fetal position" card next to it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have no idea wtf point he's making with the first one and I don't care. As for the second...did something come out that disproves the idea that Trump directly or indirectly did favors for Putin?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is what the Mandalorian lady posted on twitter, by the way:

Interesting that she started with nazi poo poo and ended by saying that her being criticized was like being killed in a concentration camp. Something something never believe they are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies etc etc.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Unironically AGC

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have no idea wtf point he's making with the first one and I don't care. As for the second...did something come out that disproves the idea that Trump directly or indirectly did favors for Putin?

I think he's trying to say that dictators in other countries that commit human rights atrocities should be banned from twitter... which is a good point! They definitely should be banned from twitter, in addition to all the right wing shitheads here in America.

Of course, that's not what he really means, is it?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have no idea wtf point he's making with the first one and I don't care.

He's admitting that conservatives are vile creatures who are being punished lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Samurai Sanders posted:

The only thing I can find is that after Trump tweeted at the beginning of October that he had declassified everything in the Mueller report (which was a lie), Buzzfeed requested the full unredacted report, which the DOJ denied. They didn't get the full report, but one day before the election, Buzzfeed received some parts of the report that had previously been redacted. The new information basically said that although Trump and Roger Stone appeared to have advance knowledge about the Wikileaks publishing of the stolen DNC emails, there was no evidence to prove that they had actively participated in the Russian hacking, that they had knowledge that the hacking was continuing, or that the emails constituted some sort of campaign contribution.

While I'm not sure when Buzzfeed published their article in the timeline of things, it makes sense to reason that due to them getting it one day before the election, as well as the election taking up almost all the news cycle the following day, that other media sites and corporations probably wouldn't have written about the new information until after the election was over.