Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Takes a long time for the engine to get warm enough to be able to blow waste heat at the windshield.

Alternatively one could walk/ride their bicycle to the train station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Do you plebes not have heated garages? :smuggo:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

You have room for a car in your rubbage storage room?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I utilize free (minus gruel/water expenses) child labor to take rubbish to the street.

And one of these little workers has finally reached the (totally unfair) government mandated minimum age to operate a vehicular death machine. So now I can just have her do stuff so I don't have to leave my cave.

spacetoaster has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Feb 13, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jetz0r posted:

I think you also need pulling into the intersection while making a left turn explained to you.

When you're making an unprotected left turn, once your light turns green, you shouldn't stay behind the stop bar at the intersection. You should drive straight a car length or two (depending on how many lanes the road is), then yield to straight traffic to make your turn. If there are no openings during your light cycle, you will be in the intersection when the light changes. This is good, the other cars will have to wait for you, so you will get to complete your turn even though there was never an opening. This prevents the complete lockdown of a turn lane during busy traffic times.

It's not unique to Washington, the vehicle code says you should be doing this in California as well. I will beep as obnoxiously as I can at your dumb rear end if you don't.

https://abc30.com/driving-road-safety-chp-california-highway-patrol/6232316/

oh. well you said middle so I was like the gently caress they make you block traffic??

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

spacetoaster posted:

As for recruitment chat: Don't do it unless you understand one thing. The military will absolutely use you and then abandon you if it can. You've got to go in with the exact same mentality about the military.

how about just: Don't Do It. seems like a better, less evil option, to me.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tangy yet delightful posted:

Moving from TN to OR has been mostly great but less good BBQ/southern food, and everywhere I drive at probably 10-15 mph slower than if I was in TN because of the PNW driving culture (I guess?).

I'm currently looking out my window and tons of cars with wipers not UP during what was forecasted to be days of snow.

the gently caress does it matter I'm not going anywhere

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

they got a patent on scanning incoming mail and providing the scans to the inmates and have been suing other companies and even jails that do their own mail scanning

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Owning and using a car is a sign of living in a failed society. Just park your bike in a basement or shed and you're good to go anytime.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yes go biking on snowy/icy roads in -5* windchill

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

that's when you use the extensive public transportation network that every developed nation obviously has

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its nations with proper cities

moscow, despite bein in the most second world country, has a great subway. new zealand cities do not. build a 50 story soulless concrete apartment in your neighborhood today

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

indigi posted:

how about just: Don't Do It. seems like a better, less evil option, to me.

Yeah sure (lol, LESSER evil).

But for some people their level of poverty/location/situation almost makes it the only way out.

It's almost like it's supposed to be that way.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

There's a huge difference between holding a drawing from your child and watching a scanned picture of that drawing. US prisons keep on finding new ways to be horrible.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

indigi posted:

get studded tires and put on some layers, it's fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sat on my keys! posted:

get studded tires and put on some layers

no thank you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Real men dress in one layor only (pig iron)

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

indigi posted:

no thank you

well in that case i will wave to you while you ride the bus/trolleybus/streetcar and i get road salt all over myself

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

indigi posted:

A) yes I do this if I prefer to be alone on the road by taking a less trafficked street

B) have you heard of plows that remove the snow? Salting/sanding?

C) Warm clothes have been invented, even without fur nowadays!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

won't somebody think of the windchill!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Where are you even going that won't wait until the ice is gone?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Byzantine posted:

Where are you even going that won't wait until the ice is gone?

Work ):

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BonHair posted:

A) yes I do this if I prefer to be alone on the road by taking a less trafficked street

B) have you heard of plows that remove the snow? Salting/sanding?

C) Warm clothes have been invented, even without fur nowadays!

have fun with that

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i rode my bicycle in the snow today just for fun. the horror of catching a frost on my posting mitts

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qofhkmsnfR1sjcnrz.mp4

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i do wonder how the renaissance would have turned out with parents and copyright

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

i do wonder how the renaissance would have turned out with parents and copyright

now GOSH get out of my room, DAD

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Sounds like a great way to have your car rust as quickly as possible, lmao.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

classic honey pot operation

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Rubbage you say?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

also someone should probably let them know what economic system the 'decimated' former communist countries had just assumed

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

IAMKOREA posted:

also someone should probably let them know what economic system the 'decimated' former communist countries had just assumed

lol

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

There are veterans in Mexico who got kicked the gently caress out of the US after their terms were up.

All Recruiters are Bastards.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Forceholy posted:

There are veterans in Mexico who got kicked the gently caress out of the US after their terms were up.

lol owned. their fault

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After spending nearly two decades facilitating deportations as a Customs and Border Protection officer, Raul Rodriguez discovered that he was not a U.S. citizen. Now he’s at risk of deportation himself.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hahahaha

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God drat what a piece of poo poo that guy is.