Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

eke out posted:

i posted the procedural reason your take is bad and you said "lol you're wrong" so i guess it's been nice talking to you

You’ve posted a bunch of nonsense about process you mean. You have shown several times in the last hour that you have no idea what you are talking about from how pleading the fifth works to how taking depositions won’t interfere with ongoing business.

Just stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I'm so confused I don't know how to feel. Mostly because I never had any faith that the American people will ever hold the GOP accountable, but I want the LOLs, damnit.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

You loving idiots. You dunces. You shanked the GOP hard and they are bleeding at this call to witnesses. Don't offer them a loving bandage

Democrats are ace at grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Murgos posted:

You’ve posted a bunch of nonsense about process you mean. You have shown several times in the last hour that you have no idea what you are talking about from how pleading the fifth works to how taking depositions won’t interfere with ongoing business.

Just stop.

you've made zero points to indicate you have any what the law or the process is and instead have done nothing but dive in with weird personal attacks that make no attempt to respond to arguments, do better

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1360644312833400832

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1360644550247796741

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/ESCochrane/status/1360636780983308295

Man, Republicans are really melting down over this.

This is pretty much threatening people with your normal behaviour. You thought this person was an arsehole, well they still are and they will continue to be an arsehole. That will show you.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can I ask what the gently caress is the point of this then?

Rake the GOP over the coals: what the gently caress are you doing?!

My god the GOP would be calling witnesses into next year if it was flipped

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

I’m apoplectic with rage right now.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

claire mccaskill now says "it's a 50/50 proposition: either a 2 week delay to get an agreement on who'll be called or written testimony. i have just as many senators telling me the former as the later"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Can I ask what the gently caress is the point of this then?

Don't trust individual statements until they're actually voting since everyone is throwing crazy poo poo around to see what sticks.

But if the democrats gently caress this up right now when they've already won so that they can preserve some decorum, then I'm positive they haven't learned the lessons of the past decade.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Random Stranger posted:

Don't trust individual statements until they're actually voting since everyone is throwing crazy poo poo around to see what sticks.

But if the democrats gently caress this up right now when they've already won so that they can preserve some decorum, then I'm positive they haven't learned the lessons of the past decade.

Yes, as I myself noted earlier - and then immediately disregarded, whoops :v: - there's a lot of info flowing. It *sounds* like they're heading toward this nonsense deal, but who knows just yet.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

definitely hoping that this is republicans wishcasting, if they really end all this without anything more than entering a news article into the record it'll be a hilarious failure

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1360645621686939649

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1360647432334413824

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
NOOOOO

MORONS!

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Haha, just heard someone on a hot mic, "My glasses are all hosed up..."

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
They gave up lol.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

:shepicide:

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Velocity Raptor posted:

Haha, just heard someone on a hot mic, "My glasses are all hosed up..."

Thought I heard that too, but I rewound it. It was "My glasses are all fogged up".

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
loving Pussies

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Well that was a waste of time. The whole point was getting damning video to hold over the GOP for years. The GOP just got everything they wanted.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol it was fun having hope for a minute

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gently caress.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
This is even more disappointing that if they'd just gone immediately to a vote at the start of the day.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1360647779392106501

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1360647927262306306

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SubG posted:

This is even more disappointing that if they'd just gone immediately to a vote at the start of the day.

Yeah. I expected that. This is... worse.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
What the gently caress is wrong with these people??? The Republicans outright say "no dont do this we'll be hosed" and the dems back off and say "oh yeah we wouldnt want to be mean"

What the holy gently caress

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
You coulda tied the insurrection to the GOP forever and instead you let them out of the noose. Idiots. Morons.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Call witnesses ya dipshits, christ!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
IF ONLY YOU HAD WITNESSES TO PROVE YOUR POINT RASKIN YOU loving MORON.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I just.....

they.....

WHAT IN THE loving HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU BUNCH OF GOD drat ASSHOLES YOU HAD YOUR FOOT ON THEIR NECK AND YOU LET THEM UP WHY ARE YOU SO loving USESLESS AAAAHHHHHHH

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lmao

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hate everything.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1360645543186157574

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Democrats walk into the room intending to lose and find every way they can to achieve that goal. This is pathetic.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Dems are a waste

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah. as whole, its loving bullshit, but i sorta get it. it would push off actual good stuff getting done and even if we somehow got trump, it wouldn't change anything and the GOP would streach it out until the end of time. dems suck but we all know how this ends anyway no matter how many slam dunk witnesses. plus it would probably gently caress covid poo poo over somehow.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1360649138162044935

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

:decorum:

RIP America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Yeah. I expected that. This is... worse.
Yeah, I spent last night arguing they wouldn't call witnesses and the JHB/McCarthy thing wouldn't matter, and then was perfectly willing to eat my words and be happily surprised when Raskin made his opening statement today, and then they cleared a vote for witnesses...and then they decide not to call witnesses after all.

Who was it that said the Democratic party is like going to a rock concert where the band keeps telling the fans to simmer down?