Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Mitch says today that Trump should be tried in the courts not the Senate, but I guarantee when Trump is tried in the courts he'll be talking about how Trump was already acquitted in the Senate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Good thing that the vote to acquit Trump went out as an Apple News alert so that millions of people know that the democrats did nothing and the republicans got away with it.

Let’s hope that SDNY and Georgia do their jobs on pressing charges but it honestly looks like “LOL no I get away and I’m not going away” poo poo is going to be par for the course.

idk i can see SDNY loving him since all the bodies are buried there plus other poo poo, who knows.

Rabble posted:

They're 100% going to vote to impeach Obama and Clinton the next time they've got the gavel.

ok. i like weird dark comedies.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Rabble posted:

They're 100% going to vote to impeach Obama and Clinton the next time they've got the gavel.
This would sound pretty ominous to anyone who didn't realise that the House's Select Committee on Benghazi was created a year after Hillary Clinton left office and ran for more than two years.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Lol suck it liberal rear end hats. Go get a job and enough of your Panzy poo poo. Waste of tax dollars and I’m going to celebrate with my wife who is a nurse who won’t touch this vaccine with a 10 foot pole.

Sorry had to do it. Don’t be offended. 👍😂😄

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
ok thanks

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Lol suck it liberal rear end hats. Go get a job and enough of your Panzy poo poo. Waste of tax dollars and I’m going to celebrate with my wife who is a nurse who won’t touch this vaccine with a 10 foot pole.

lol I miss seeing these in the wild.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Utnayan posted:

have fun with that. i have mine on thursday.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

lol I miss seeing these in the wild.

I know it's legitimate because of the laughing crying smiley

Big Slammu
May 31, 2010

JAWSOMEEE
Let me be clear that I’m not surprised at all the Mitch is being Mitch, I’m surprised that he’s coming out this strongly against Trump even after voting to acquit. His speech went on for about 25 mins longer than it could have if he was trying to get out of these proceedings as cleanly as he could. But I guess he’s got two factions in his party with little/no common ground on the outraged/not at all outraged spectrum and he’s trying to thread the needle on it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Donny lost, friend

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
I had to toss in some comedy you sick sons of bitches.

Now, go outside, celebrate Valentine’s Day and give a hug to those waiters and waitresses who have been lambasted with no work for the last four months.

Me? I’m going out. And I’ll be drat sure they get a tip. Love you fuckers always will. :)

I don’t give a rip what side of the aisle you are on. God speed bitches. :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man, Donald Trump tried to have these cowards killed a month ago and they are still kissing his arse. If the Republican party can be forever known as the insurrectionist party in popular culture that might be a positive result.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/1360703805424341003

https://twitter.com/PeterHamby/status/1360703238677303296

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rabble posted:

They just gave a big stamp of approval to their violent far right wing. They'll be executing Obama and Clinton next time they get the gavel.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

They just gave a big stamp of approval to their violent far right wing. They'll be executing Obama and Clinton next time they get the gavel.

Lol ok. Never mind the other side. Come on now man. Let’s stop with the poo poo and meet in the middle.

I’ll start. I’m a liberal believe it or not. But I’m not loving insane.

How’s that for a start.

Wait.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Big Slammu posted:

Now, this I don’t get it. Mitch clearly believes that Trump sucks. They were 10 votes shy of getting impeachment done, 9 if McConnell votes for it. Surely this guy could have whipped 9 votes to get it done so they could bar him from office?

Lmao, if the Jan 6th crew had rounded up the entire Senate and shot every dem in front of Mitch to install a bloc of qanon psychopaths Mitch would be currently making a speech about how lucky we are to have such a strong president. He doesn't believe in anything

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Now, go outside, celebrate Valentine’s Day and give a hug to those waiters and waitresses who have been lambasted with no work for the last four months.

Me? I’m going out. And I’ll be drat sure they get a tip. Love you fuckers always will. :)

what do you think lambasted means

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
What makes me the maddest is that even when the vote isn't in the GOP's favor, they still win. Even when there is a bipartisan vote, GOP still wins. Even when the evidence is overwhelming and the defense is literally the worst possible thing they could have offered, the GOP still wins.

I'm loving sick of these losers winning.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Rabble posted:

Mitch says today that Trump should be tried in the courts not the Senate, but I guarantee when Trump is tried in the courts he'll be talking about how Trump was already acquitted in the Senate.

I think in all likelihood what he wants is Trump to be convicted by people whose vote to convict him will not colour his [McConnell's] own political fortunes, because above all he's an avaricious, venal piece of poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Just a lil' comedy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PT6A posted:

I think in all likelihood what he wants is Trump to be convicted by people whose vote to convict him will not colour his [McConnell's] own political fortunes, because above all he's an avaricious, venal piece of poo poo.

He wants to be in power but not govern. He got that and then was allowed to argue that it is the correct way of things.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gumball Gumption posted:

He wants to be in power but not govern.

This is a very good way of stating it, actually. Stealing it for later.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
it's a good thing time was spent on this dog faced pony show instead of getting covid relief to people that need it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

it's a good thing time was spent on this dog faced pony show instead of getting covid relief to people that need it

Trump will try this poo poo again very soon, so expect to be annoyed by another dog faced pony show.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Homora Gaykemi posted:

This didn't take up any time for COVID relief.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Homora Gaykemi posted:

It's about holding people accountable. Just because some of those in power don't believe in laws doesn't mean you should stop enforcing them

Dett Rite
Oct 24, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Madkal posted:

It's about holding people accountable. Just because some of those in power don't believe in laws doesn't mean you should stop enforcing them

As the events of today showed you, the Democratic Party disagrees.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Dett Rite posted:

As the events of today showed you, the Democratic Party disagrees.

Nah, the Dems bungled on the political front, but there was absolutely nothing they could have done that would have got a conviction. Short of, I don't know, paying antifa hit squads to take a bunch of Republican senator's families hostage or something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Madkal posted:

I'm legitimately confused on how anyone was held accountable or anything enforced. An earnest kangaroo court is still a sham. It's just a sham that some of the participants are pulling on themselves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
57-43 and the 43s win. the republican way. :911:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pick posted:

That's way more than I expected honestly

Surprised 7 GOP flipped

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Madkal posted:

who is held to account by a trial that everyone knows will end in acquittal?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pick posted:

I remember being laughed out of USPOL when I reminded people that even in the minority, Mitch McConnell is still the most powerful man in America.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

I remember being laughed out of USPOL when I reminded people that even in the minority, Mitch McConnell is still the most powerful man in America.

he still isn't really, because all he can do is be the face of a specific thing. if he wanted the senate to do anything differently then he'd be deposed as minority leader. if he'd told them to convict they'd say no and make johnson minority leader or some other dipshit.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Homora Gaykemi posted:

who is held to account by a trial that everyone knows will end in acquittal?

I know the nothing matters crowd is going to...well do the nothing matters but it is public record (and I know this can be dismissed by....nothing matters) and that it shows the extent that was not seen before thanks to the newly released evidence/videos (which I guess can be dismissed because....nothing matters) and now America and the world knows just how bad the rot is (which you might not care about because....nothing matters)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ringo Star Get posted:

Good thing that the vote to acquit Trump went out as an Apple News alert so that millions of people know that the democrats did nothing and the republicans got away with it.

The apple news alert specifically mentions how only 7 republicans voted for conviction so at least the only actual important thing about this whole debacle was right there on the notification. Twitter's notification, on the other hand, only mentions that the US Senate acquitted him, because Twitter strives to be bad in all forms.

What really comes out of all of this depends on what the news cycle goes with. The problem is that what they should go with is that the Republican party is a death cult that is intentionally incapable of governance but they can't say that even though it could not possibly be any more obvious with this vote.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 13, 2021

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Madkal posted:

Even if Trump had been found guilty, there would have been pretty much no consequences that actually matter. Stop him from running for office again? Lmao, by 2024 he's going to be a nobody. He's banned from twitter and nobody cares what he has to say. Republicans quickly get done with losers. The impeachment trial was dumb as all gently caress. He should have been referred to the DOJ, where he might have been convicted, and where he would face actual consequences such as literal jail. And would be far, far more humiliating than a second impeachment, because he would be the first former president to get prosecuted criminally.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
The vote just cements that not pursuing witnesses was the right call. The GOP was not ever going to convict.

And hopefully that is more ammunition to kill the filibuster- "The GOP wouldn't even vote to convict a man who threatened their lives, why should we negotiate with them?"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/frfrankpavone/status/1360712085844418564?s=20

Lists and lists of people for them to punish. Remember when they said only libs make lists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Everyone who claims to be pro-life in any sense but supports a president who sped through a series of executions at the end of his term, is going to Hell.